Star Wars VII: The Sith Returns

Started by G_G, February 01, 2009, 04:37:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Landith

The press enter Blinks so it won't have that effect. It's Star Wars, even Lucas Arts didn't think it needed to many effects so I think It's good how it is. If I change the background or add anything to it, I would have to change many images because that background is used a lot for the mission select, this one thing(can't say without permission from game_guy), the menu, etc...

I could reduce the text effects and make it look like a normal star wars game but I will wait on game_guy's consent on this.

Calintz

You wouldn't have to change the images at all to edit that...

You could edit the title screen alone, and have it more advanced than the mission selects window. Give it a try, you will see that it won't really make a difference whether they all are the exact same picture or not.

Personally, I wouldn't use the same picture myself...:^_^':

Landith

That's just how game_guy wanted it lol

I'll probably use a new render and add some stars and a few starbursts, maybe even a planet or two with the same lighting, etc...
I just have to wait for game_guy though because I have maps for him and await my next assignment...

Calintz

Good deal...

I see you are just following your instructions, but I just think that space has no limits, and that with the way things have been constructed for this game...you are putting limits on just how versatile space is...

IT'S ENDLESS!!! XD

Landith

It's kinda hard to make an endless space with a 2-D image though :V:

Yeah he logged on to MSN earlier but I had to go as soon as he logged in and I'm still waiting on him to look over the maps and tell me what to do next...
I'm suppose to be making Mission 3 but I don't know what maps to use...  :uhm:

Calintz

...Well I'm sure you are doing all that you can =)

G_G

NEW DEMO OMG PLEASE DOWNLOAD IT AND TRY IT PLEASE AND POST TO SEE IF YOU LIKE IT POST BUGS AND EVERYTHING.

winkio

Ok, played up until halfway through the third mission, here are my observations:

1)  It is nearly impossible for your party to die.  You could fix this by either having less party members, or only having the r2 units give you a numerical amount of health
2)  It gets repetetive quickly.  Add in some skills, or throwing items (grenades and such).
3)  You need more enemies.  I think that there were only two types.  Try and get some more.

Still, its looking pretty good so far :)

G_G

I'll alter the r2 unit later

grenades sound cool.

Have you encountered any bugs yet? How did you like the new mission select and troop select from the last demo?

Also if you would have beaten the third mission you would have faced darth maul

Calintz

I am downloading the DEMO now. I will test her out, and post any problems. It looks good!!

G_G

thnx calintz. Cant wait for your feedback. Be sure to read the huge warnings at the bottom of the first post.

Calintz

Here we go!!

Mission 1.
Very nice. Very well made. Very good at getting the feel for the BABS.

Mission 2.
Could use heavy mapping modifications.

Mission 3. I couldn't get pass the lava river. The party members froze!! When they finally all started moving again, Princess leia was inside chewbaca!! I got knocked into the teleport path, and the game crashed...:^_^':

All of the bosses need to be either stronger, or you need to increase their max HP.

Landith

Yeah, Mission 2 does need some Mapping Improvement, major. I'll get started on that in a little bit after I finish my story for my game (I did the mapping for it but I was in a rush to get finished with it)

I noticed that bug in Mission 3 too, I might have to remove the lava blocking the path to get it to fix the bug...
It took me like 10 minuites from switching players to get luke and Obi Wan too move again...

The first 2 bosses are easy but the third boss, with Darth Maul is harder then the first two.
But of course you couldn't get to the third boss due to that bug...

Calintz

Ahh...well let me know when you have the update. I will be waiting to kick Darth' ass!!

G_G

I'll fix it up calintz no worries I'm on it now

Calintz

G_G

the problems fixed but I will re-release it once landith is done mapping

Shadonking

really nice, i liked playing it.

only one thing i notest is that you dont have running sprites etc.

but apart from that i thought it was well made. the thing that looked great would be the mission and character select.

great work

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

G_G

February 15, 2009, 05:15:57 pm #38 Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 05:26:58 pm by game_guy
glad you liked it shadon. Yea I know there's not running sprites. I might or might not even include them in the final version.

Calintz the new fixed version is uploading.

New version uploaded now has mapping fixes

Calintz

Good, good, good...
Oh, I don't mean to impose, but the logo and title screens could use some work :(