Authors: Stripe103, Zeriab
Version: 1.3.2
Type: Achievement System
Key Term: Misc System

Introduction

Version History: ShowHide

• Version 1.0 (Sep 23, 2009)
    Yea, there was actually a version 1, but I took it down short after
    as many said that it was too hard to understand and that there wasn't any instructions included(which there wasn't)

• Version 1.1.0 (Jan 10, 2010)
    Instructions added.
    "XBOX Button" added

• Version 1.1.2 (Jan 21, 2010)
    Script only two script instead of 12.
    "XBOX Button" integrated in script.

• Version 1.2.0 (Jan 28, 2010)
    Windowskin added(no, I'm not very good at making windowskins, but it works)
    More options added

• Version 1.2.1 (Jan 28, 2010)
    Just a little update to make it more compatible with some scripts.

• Version 1.3.0 (Mar 30, 2010)
    I have added a Notification script that Night_Runner made for me for my game, but I thought that it would be great here.

• Version 1.3.2 (Jun 30, 2010)
    Ability to have the map as a background and to make the game continue even if in the menu.
    You can now change which key you want to use as the XBOX Button.

This achievements script is a modification from another script: Zeriabs QuestBook 1.2. The reason I chose to edit this is because I think it allready looked a bit like the XBOX Achievements menu. So I edited it to work like it too.
The main goal I'm aiming at is to make it look and work exactly like the XBOX achievements screen with windowskins and images.

Features

• Popup window. Evented feature

• "XBOX Button". When you are in the map, you can get to the achievements screen just by hitting "E".
    Instead of going into it through the menu.
    You can change this yourself to whatever key on the keyboard you want.

• A GamerScore variable

• Choose the name of your GamerScore

• Customizable background image and ability to use map as background

• Customizable windowskins at top and bottom

• Customizable Notification(by Night_Runner)

Screenshots

Achievements Screen: ShowHide

Notification(by Night_Runner): ShowHide

Demo

[DOWNLOAD]
Filetype: .exe
Filesize: 293 Kb
Host: Mediafire

Script

Please download the demo as there is both image files, instructions, a sound file and a common event in it.

Instructions

There is a instructions file inside the demo folder.

Compatibility

None known.

Credits and Thanks

Author's Notes

I have no idea how much I'll be working on this since I've forgot much about the Ruby language, we'll see..

Storm

Nice..  8)
New idea for me.. :naughty:

This is useful for RMX-OS too.. (online games)
I was working on the game called The Orion.
It would be nice if you can join our small community by sharing a little by little scripts/ideas at The Orion Forum

I am: RPG Maker XP Scripter
Project Working On: The Orion MMORPG Game, visit The Orion Forum for more information!
Visit my: Deviantart

LEVEL ME UP OR ELSE LEVEL ME DOWN, IT'S EASY! XD

stripe103

January 16, 2011, 07:36:44 am #2 Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:38:11 am by stripe103
I haven't tried it with RMX-OS, but I don't see why it shouldn't work..

EDIT: No other opinions?

megaman30796

can ya unlock certain stuff if u earn enough achievement points?

if not, treat this post as a suggestion
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

stripe103

The GamerScore(or achievement points) is stored in a variable which you set in the settings. So it is simple to have a parallel event or common event that checks if the Gamerscore have reached a certain amount.

megaman30796

"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"