Human Existence?

Started by fugibo, February 01, 2009, 09:40:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reno-s--Joker

Actually, that's very true. I wasn't aware of it. :|
But I thought that some of the ideas in solipsism might be relevant to the definition of a human's existence. I guess assuming you think that humans are the only intelligent creatures with conscious 'mind' thought like us. Our distinction from other animals plays a huge part in this debate too, I think.

LOL I love messing with my friends' heads, pretending I am some random device their mind has conceived to tell them they are the only thing existent. See how bored I am? :haha:

EntropyUSB

Quote from: fugibo on February 01, 2009, 09:40:27 pm
So, I know Voltaire already devasted this argument, but what is human existence? What are we?

I realized something tonight. People say that there can never be true A.I. because it will always lack emotion... but what is emotion? Is it not just a figment of homeostasis, a flux in our thoughts that causes us to react, a flag raised at the sight of a stimuli? In that context, do computers not already have emotions...?

These kind of conversations are what hold the balance of life in order, and then also are what create the biggest wars known to man; needless to say, there really isn't a defined answer for this question.

No matter what opinions, facts, or really any input into this conversation; the fact of the matter is this... we are human, all things we do are human, and humans are what created all things in the first place.

Now, obviously there is more to life that what meets the eye; there most likely is something else out there that we just don't know about... but in any state, we are living in a world in which everything human is only re-created and re-produced by humans.

If humans didn't exist, how would the world be without us on it?
If humans didn't exist, how would the universe end up?

Honestly, I don't know too much... nor do I even think I know anything at all, but I do know that there really isn't a correct or incorrect answer to any question.
Spoiler: ShowHide