Proof

Started by tSwitch, February 02, 2009, 09:55:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

shdwlink1993

The correct answer, NAMK, is that your existence has been nothing but a fabrication. A lie perpetrated by the Dystopia Project, headed by a research AI called Blizzard, who attempted to see what would happen if the world was an unfair, segregated place run by biased, unfair people capable of making mistakes. To do this, he took the mind of a 385 year old AI and inserted it into a virtual world. The intelligence expanded and eventually was drawn (due to subliminal messages) onto an internet forum run by Blizzard under the moniker of NAMKOR.

Everyone else you know or thought you knew is either an AI programmed by Blizzard, a coworker of Blizzard's posing as a person, Blizzard, or, in my case, a hacker who broke into the system to send you this dire warning. They'll come to wipe your memory and restart the project now that I've told you, of course, but it's a setback to them that White Rose needs to have happen. I'm sorry. My recommendation is that you start running now. If you stall them long enough, our technicians can find enough bugs in the physics and graphics engines to crash the Virtualization Program that Microsoft made. Good luck.

PS: That cake you ate five minutes ago? LIE!

PPS to Blizzard: We will find you, and we will EMP the heck out of you. It's only a matter of time before we complete the recursion algorithm. :evil:

Back to reality! :haha:

You want everyone to prove to you that they exist. There is no way that anyone does not exist. If they are really part of some AI, then they exist as programming in a computer database somewhere. If the universe is a figment of your imagination, then we exist in your mind (scary thought, ain't it?). If some form of magic made everyone appear, then we exist as formed magical energies. If this forum is where the dead go to post their thoughts, and we are, by extension, all dead, then we still exist, because otherwise our consciousnesses wouldn't exist and be able to post here. See the point? The question does not compute.
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

G_G

Quote from: shdwlink1993 on February 02, 2009, 07:09:36 pm
The correct answer, NAMK, is that your existence has been nothing but a fabrication. A lie perpetrated by the Dystopia Project, headed by a research AI called Blizzard, who attempted to see what would happen if the world was an unfair, segregated place run by biased, unfair people capable of making mistakes. To do this, he took the mind of a 385 year old AI and inserted it into a virtual world. The intelligence expanded and eventually was drawn (due to subliminal messages) onto an internet forum run by Blizzard under the moniker of NAMKOR.

Everyone else you know or thought you knew is either an AI programmed by Blizzard, a coworker of Blizzard's posing as a person, Blizzard, or, in my case, a hacker who broke into the system to send you this dire warning. They'll come to wipe your memory and restart the project now that I've told you, of course, but it's a setback to them that White Rose needs to have happen. I'm sorry. My recommendation is that you start running now. If you stall them long enough, our technicians can find enough bugs in the physics and graphics engines to crash the Virtualization Program that Microsoft made. Good luck.

PS: That cake you ate five minutes ago? LIE!

PPS to Blizzard: We will find you, and we will EMP the heck out of you. It's only a matter of time before we complete the recursion algorithm. :evil:

Back to reality! :haha:

You want everyone to prove to you that they exist. There is no way that anyone does not exist. If they are really part of some AI, then they exist as programming in a computer database somewhere. If the universe is a figment of your imagination, then we exist in your mind (scary thought, ain't it?). If some form of magic made everyone appear, then we exist as formed magical energies. If this forum is where the dead go to post their thoughts, and we are, by extension, all dead, then we still exist, because otherwise our consciousnesses wouldn't exist and be able to post here. See the point? The question does not compute.

A few things
1) shdwlink: Huh?
2) Ok I've been hearing/seeing/reading that cake is a lie. I don't get it is it from a movie or something?
3) This topic is like trying to fight with Ulta and actually beleiving you can win but end up not winning because this is a CHEAP CHEATING TOPIC!

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: game_guy on February 02, 2009, 07:37:23 pm
2) Ok I've been hearing/seeing/reading that cake is a lie. I don't get it is it from a movie or something?
3) This topic is like trying to fight with Ulta and actually beleiving you can win but end up not winning because this is a CHEAP CHEATING TOPIC!

2) It's from the game Portal. If you haven't heard about it, it's from the Orange Box. If you haven't heard about THAT, shame on you for not knowing about one of the most well-known games on the Xbox 360.
3) Not exactly. Maybe NAMK will give in, despite his persistence. But indeed this thread is very one-sided and useless. However it has its fun. Now prove the fun of this thread! :V:

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Diokatsu

What a stupid topic. Prove to me I don't. Prove to me it matters. How about bringing a relevant topic to the table. This bullshit I'm seeing in this area could only be the work of arrogant people trying to make some sort of wave of discussion. This question doesn't even have any sides, smart one. It's debate, not spew random ideas. Both this and WcW's "Human Existence?" are utterly hypothetical. This isn't a philosophy board. This is for actual ideas that have definite and real sides. If you disagree with me, Blizz, then change this from Debate to Discussion. Otherwise this thread has no jurisdiction here. Or, bring back things like "Animal Rights", "Contemporary Technology, boon or bane?", and "Global Warming" so that this board doesn't become a cluster of random and inconclusive thought.

fugibo

I stop listening to posts after "this topic is stupid;" no topic is stupid, only opinions on it.

Diokatsu

Quote from: WcW on February 02, 2009, 07:52:40 pm
I stop listening to posts after "this topic is stupid;" no topic is stupid, only opinions on it.

Maybe that explains your thread of the same nature. You don't get why it is stupid, and yes, stupid is a legitimate word. Try looking at what I'm trying to say without dismissing it off the bat. "Stupid" actually means something, it's not just some "mean" word that people who "don't understand you" use. The word stupid would mean that the said noun is "lacking intelligence". Don't give me bullshit on why this topic isn't stupid by justifying it with your "only opinions are". The topic doesn't even belong here in the first place. That was my point.

G_G

I figured out how to prove that I fucking exist! Get class photos/yearbooks they have names under the pictures what now!

Starrodkirby86

Heh, getting there man, you're one step closer. Two things why this may not work.

1) Other people can be named that. Giant coincidence. If that's not the case, you could have Photoshopped the Picture on the Yearbook (Here's the paranoia kicking in).
2) We don't know your real name. I don't want you to say it here of course, but if NAMK knows your real name and it corresponds with the ID in the yearbook, then everything will be satisfactory.

I found an easy way to get yourself existing. After you said your "real name" and "picture", register yourself as a sex offender. Then it'll be online, engraved in ASCII, and you can prove you exist. :) :V:

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

tSwitch

Quote from: Diokatsu on February 02, 2009, 07:47:03 pm
What a stupid topic. Prove to me I don't.

I can't prove to you that you don't exist, just as you can't prove to me that you do.

Quote from: Diokatsu on February 02, 2009, 07:47:03 pm
Prove to me it matters.  How about bringing a relevant topic to the table. This bullshit I'm seeing in this area could only be the work of arrogant people trying to make some sort of wave of discussion. This question doesn't even have any sides, smart one. It's debate, not spew random ideas. Both this and WcW's "Human Existence?" are utterly hypothetical. This isn't a philosophy board. This is for actual ideas that have definite and real sides. If you disagree with me, Blizz, then change this from Debate to Discussion. Otherwise this thread has no jurisdiction here. Or, bring back things like "Animal Rights", "Contemporary Technology, boon or bane?", and "Global Warming" so that this board doesn't become a cluster of random and inconclusive thought.

if you don't think it matters, don't post here, I'd appreciate if you'd stop ranting, thanks.

Game_guy, SRK, WcW, shdwlink, you're all missing the point.
all of your proof can be easily fabricated illusion, in fact this entire world could be an illusion.

I'll end this, as it will no doubt descend into flame.

there is one single correct answer, and that is this
there is no way to prove 100% that anyone or anything exists.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Fallen Angel X

February 02, 2009, 10:08:09 pm #29 Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:23:29 pm by Fallen Angel X
On the contrary, if an illusion is our existence, that illusion in itself exists. And you acknowledged that. Therefore I exist as an illusion. Which means I exist in some form. And you can't say it's an illusion of an illusion b/c that's not really an arguement O.o

The fact that there is no void of nothingness proves that something exists. When I'm dead, I'll tell you whether or not this truly is an illusion or not but regardless, it's fact that we exist.

tSwitch

Quote from: Fallen Angel X on February 02, 2009, 10:08:09 pm
On the contrary, if an illusion is our existence, that illusion in itself exists. And you acknowledged that. Therefore I exist as an illusion. Which means I exist in some form. And you can't say it's an illusion of an illusion b/c that's not really an arguement O.o

The fact that there is no void of nothingness proves that something exists. When I'm dead, I'll tell you whether or not this truly is an illusion or not but regardless, it's fact that we exist.

illusion, by its very nature, does not truly exist.
see: fight club.

G_G

>.> I dont get this. But I started thinking.

What if we're just a dream. A figment of one's imagination. A whole world created no thought of by one mind. And slowly s/he is increasing the intelligince we have and make more problems of the world. More wars, more terrorists, more technology. Maybe s/he'll cause the end of the world when s/he is bored of this world and makes a new one.

Who knows. Maybe s/he is the truth behind all of the science and math. All the theory's made by the famous scientists. Maybe s/he is fate itself. Who knows and who can prove it honestly.

Blizzard

To solve up this topic...

As some of you already noticed, the question on itself is a paradox. You can't prove to somebody else that you exist. If you are actually able to prove it, but you don't exist, your proof is actually void. As NAMK quoted Descartes in IRC "I think, therefore I am", to yourself it's obvious that you exist and you can prove it to yourself. But you can't prove to yourself that somebody else exists and neither can somebody else prove that (s)he exists. It's a paradox in itself.

Of course everything exists. The problems is just that it may not exist in a form we perceive. A halucination exists as chemical reaction and electricity in your brain. It's not what it seems to be, but it exists. That means that every illusion actually exists simply because of the fact that you can perceive it. What can't be proven is the form of existence. As I said, an illusion can't prove that it's real, but it does exist in some form, it's just not what it seems to be. Everything that can affect you exists, but the problem is the definition of existence and the form it exists in. Even faith into a god exists. It doesn't make a god exist, but it does affect you and your way of thinking so the faith exists. In the end it's about the definition of existence after all.

I'll leave this thread here as it seems that it's going into a discussion about existence rather than answering that stupid question from the beginning of the thread. I think that's what NAMK intended to happen. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

take existence as truth
an illusion, by its nature, is falsity, a lie.
a lie is the opposite of the truth
ergo an illusion is the opposite of existence

actually, Blizz, the point of the topic, was to see if anyone could figure out that there IS no way.

Blizzard

I know. That's what I said, didn't I? I just find it ironic that actually everything "exists" in some form, even if it's just an illusion in your head, but there's no way to prove it, lol!
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Diokatsu

What creates your illusion?

G_G

Quote from: game_guy on February 02, 2009, 10:48:07 pm
>.> I dont get this. But I started thinking.

What if we're just a dream. A figment of one's imagination. A whole world created no thought of by one mind. And slowly s/he is increasing the intelligince we have and make more problems of the world. More wars, more terrorists, more technology. Maybe s/he'll cause the end of the world when s/he is bored of this world and makes a new one.

Who knows. Maybe s/he is the truth behind all of the science and math. All the theory's made by the famous scientists. Maybe s/he is fate itself. Who knows and who can prove it honestly.

I still think this is the case. Even if there is no way to say we exist I still think we're a figment of one's imagination.

Diokatsu

Something exists. It might not be any of us, but somewhere something does exist.

tSwitch

Quote from: Diokatsu on February 03, 2009, 08:38:24 pm
Something exists. It might not be any of us, but somewhere something does exist.

thank you for agreeing with me.

fugibo

That was my point, NAMK :( I said that you had to exist because something has to concieve you no matter what, and thus you have to exist.