Legacyblade's Spriting Shrine

Started by legacyblade, February 04, 2009, 06:59:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

February 14, 2009, 09:43:21 pm #20 Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 09:49:15 pm by legacyblade
@shdwlink, it's part of a valentine (if you really want to know, look here) so it'll be done tonight.

@Calintz, thanks, glad you like it. It took FOREVER to do that sideview.

@winkio, thanks, it's nice to see you like my sprites

Calintz

February 14, 2009, 10:05:38 pm #21 Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 10:07:40 pm by Calintz16438
Haha, yes...the tedious stress that comes with spriting can be quite relentless, "BUT," dare I say...rewarding!! ?? XD

BTW:
I am beginning to really get the grip on "my personal" style of spriting, and my new sprites are simply beautiful!!
If you want a good example Legacy, you can check out Blizzard's Debt inside of my Workshop.

I created his new Lilith sprite for CP. =)

legacyblade

Yes, it's rewarding in the fact that you can show them off and random people on the internet will say "good work" (plus they look nice in your game).

And I looked at your style. Gotta say, I love it. It's nice and smooth, but doesn't have a washed out look like most "smooth" styles. Spriting is easier once you figure out your style.

Calintz

It really is an art, just like drawing...

You have to figure out your own particular tricks, and once you master yourself.. .. ..it's all history from there... XD

**Keep up the good work Legacyblade!

Landith

These are really amazing...
Makes me want to start doing custom sprites.

Really good job legacyblade.
*Powers Up*

G_G

*power up*
These are really good I like the assasin. Cant wait to see more.

Calintz

Hells yeah, I figured I would "power you up" too Legacy!! 3power in less than 20minutes, Lol.

legacyblade

ZOMG, lots of powerups!

@Landith, TOTALLY, you really should do some custom sprites. Compared to my first attempts, even a terrible n00b looked like a master spriter, so no matter how bad you are when you start out, you can get the hang of it. BTW, thanks for the compliments on the sprites, and the powerup.

@Gameguy, glad you like the Assasin. When I release a demo of my game, you can kill people with him in the prologue.

@Calintz, Yes, it is an art, though one that's MUCH easier than drawing (I cant draw like crap, no matter how much I practice, my hands aren't very useful when holding a pencil). I totally agree with the tricks thing, though. Once I figured out how to quickly shade metal, my spriting speed increases. Now that I'm spriting leather boots, I wished I'd learned something about spriting shiny leather though, XD

*edit

woot, just ONE more powerup until I hit 30!

G_G

shdwlink1993

You have so many awesome-looking sprites, and you're making a Link one :D. Why didn't I power you up sooner :???:?
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Landith

Maybe you were in awe and couldn't think about anything other than his sprites and link sprite? :V:
Can't wait for the Link sprite by the way. Is it RTP Sized?

legacyblade

February 14, 2009, 11:23:20 pm #31 Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 11:37:13 pm by legacyblade
Thanks for the powerup, that puts me to thirty ^_^

And yes, the sprite is RTP sized, and sprited in RTP style, so it'll fit with the rest of the RTP and my sprites! I'm thinking of eventually making an entire Zelda RTP, but that will be awhile.

-edit

Link sprite is finished. Here's his preview

You can find the whole sprite in my first post.

P.S. Spriting floppy hats is heck, all floppy hats should be destroyed!

G_G

now I want to make a zelda game. But I will wait until Star Wars is done or at least a big part of it. Could you maybe make some monsters from link games?

Calintz

About the link sprite...

Aren't his underpants white?? You made them blue?
You did a pretty good job though, I'm not gonna lie!!

You make me wanna sprite Link, Lmao.

If you wanted me to help try and teach you how to sprite shiny leather, I will. :D

legacyblade

@Calintz, Yah, but I like blue. I tried it white, but it didn't look as pretty. Besides, they changed his color scheme a lot from game to game, so I figured giving him blue underpants would be fine :P

And glad you liked it, btw.

(also, if you could give me some pointers on shiny leather, that'd be great. I have a lot of sprites who need leather that I haven't made yet, due to a leather deficiency in my spriting).

@Game_Guy, Ah, yes. I want to make a zelda game too, but I don't have time either. And sure, I might as well base some of my monsters off zelda sprites.

G_G

Tazero

GZ  :haha:
Your an aspiring spriter your work may convince me to sprite :shy:

If you were a fish...

legacyblade

MetaKnight, you should totally learn to sprite. It's hard at first, but it makes your games so much better.

BTW, if anyone wants to see a more organized version of my shrine, go here

http://www.eminweb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=530&st=0&gopid=5295&#entry5295

It's more organized, since it allows nested spoilers

G_G

I can't wait to see some more awesome graphics LB! Also when are you going to make a link attack and a link sword?

Tazero

Honestly the spriters resource should have just walk abouts resources such as... like daggers and if you place them correclty it looks as if they're holding a weapon while walking casually

If you were a fish...