Script Help

Started by Pluslei, February 06, 2009, 12:19:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluslei

Easy Party Switcher by Blizzard Version 2.11b

Error when i call the party Selector with "$scene = Scene_PartySwitcher.new"

Error

"Script "Easy Party Switcher" line 261: NoMethodError occured.
undefined method `character_name' for 1:Fixnum."

Help please?

Starrodkirby86

First off, straight away I'm noticing something you should take care of. I'm very glad you posted the version number, as you do not have the latest version of Easy Party Switcher!

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=116.0

This is the link to get the latest version. Now, once that's done, make sure your scripts are in the correct order.

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=23.0

Hopefully that'll kill your problems. :)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

shdwlink1993

At the risk of sounding rather rude, I must ask if you happen to be using this with RPG Maker VX. Ordinarily I wouldn't ask, but that error is somewhere between difficult and impossible to find in XP, because character_name is handled so completely differently between versions.
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Pluslei

February 06, 2009, 10:03:51 am #3 Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 10:07:15 am by Pluslei
I deleted the old script and replaced it with the new one you provided (V. 2.43b) and it has come up with a new error "Script "Easy_party_selector" line 701: NameError occurred. undefined method `update_cursor_rect' for class Window_PartyCommand' " (Im using VX yes)

Blizzard

It's an XP script and doesn't work with VX as far as I know. Try disabling the BATTLE_SWITCH option, it might just work out, though.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.