Shadows of the Forgotten

Started by Leon_Westbrooke, March 27, 2008, 04:30:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon_Westbrooke

Shadows of the Forgotten

Story
"Five years ago, in the midst of battle, General Tyeg was betrayed by his own soldiers under his command."  This was a popular story told by Maraux to the kids of the small village of Warlyth, when the war was over.  However, this story always enraged General Tyeg's daughter, Annabel.  Armed with anger and thoughts of revenge, she decides she wants to set out for the man who killed her father, Nyral.

You play as Reiner, General Tyeg's son.  One who would rather stay at home and put the past behind him.  However, with Annabel's wanting to leave, you must set out with her and help her find truth and peace, so that she too can finally put the past behind her.

Characters

General Tyeg
  A general in the King's army.  He was believed to have died at the hands of his own soldiers.

Reiner
  A easy-going young man, and older brother to Annabel.

Annabel
  A young lady bent on revenging the death of her father, who died at the hands of Nyral.

Maraux
  An old friend of General Tyeg.  He practically raised Reiner and Annabel.

Features

• Keep tabs on your current party with a graphic HUD.
  • Although you level, it won't raise your stats.  You must create stat enhancing items.  Just bear in mind your level determines the maximum.
  • The Real Time Active Battle System (by Cogwheel) will keep you on your toes as you battle fierce enemies.
  • A weapon system where the weapon itself will level.  The higher the level, the more customizable the weapon is with the use of 'Tags'.
  • Hidden tag keywords will enhance your weapons even more.
  • Learn skills with a new Chart System.  Customize the skills each character learns using Chart Points gained by leveling.

Screenshots
Spoiler: ShowHide

Demo
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8hy16g

Other Notes
The font Monotype Corsiva is recommended, but not required:
Font

Credits
This is everyone who helped.
  Graphics:
    Wyzrd
    Ryan
    Phlegming Street Studios

Scripting:
    Dubealex
    Ryethe
    Blizzard
    Guillaume777
    Rataime
    Cogwheel
    Leon

Eventing:
    Arkbennett
    Leon

System Development
    Arkbennett
    ViolentPurge
    Leon

Story:
    Desiree
    Leon
    Phlegming Street Studios

Beta Testers and Proofreaders:
    Arkbennett
    Wyzrd
    The Flaming Red
    Massampage
    Vikirosen

Special Thanks to:
    Fish E Bloop
    Tiberius

Fallen Angel X

Looks good! I want to play this game already ;D Hurry up and finish it >:( lolz j/k take your time :P

Vell

heres a spoilie: Tyeg is alive

he made it obvious.

unless that was his objective.

Leon_Westbrooke

Quote from: UltaFlame on March 27, 2008, 08:32:58 pm

he made it obvious.

What makes you think he is alive?  Because far as I'm concerned, he won't appear in the game again.  Though, that would make for an interesting twist, I won't take the story down that road.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Leon_Westbrooke on March 28, 2008, 09:43:45 am
Quote from: UltaFlame on March 27, 2008, 08:32:58 pm

he made it obvious.

What makes you think he is alive?  Because far as I'm concerned, he won't appear in the game again.  Though, that would make for an interesting twist, I won't take the story down that road.
Although, making him alive or have some answers would answer some of the questions along down the road preventing any plot holes or inconsistencies...Not suggesting that you're going to reveal some story spoilers to us.

Somehow italicized font is never my favorite, but apparently it's acceptable as always. It's just that reading in such ornate text will hurt my eyes eventually. However, I love the fact there's an Item creation system. Building off of that would be nice. Of course, many other RPGs would have that so giving a unique flare is also good.

I don't really have any to judge considering that there's very little of the story to actually make some lasting opinion and criticism on. For example, I don't know much about these characters yet and the story isn't revealed much, so I can't make anything funny of that sort. Though it's a good start, very nice, as always I hope something enthralling will happen.

As you can see, I didn't download the demo. Aren't I a stinker? :P

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Vell

QuoteHe was believed to have died at the hands of his own soldiers.

thats what makes me think he is alive.

Nortos

or it could mean he killed himself or something else

Leon_Westbrooke

Quote from: UltaFlame on March 30, 2008, 10:06:33 pm
QuoteHe was believed to have died at the hands of his own soldiers.

thats what makes me think he is alive.

This is why the english language is such fun.

As for a full version release, I don't want to rush the project, else it will turn to crap, you know?  I'll keep you all updated on any major progress made.

Vell

Blizzard

Why is this thread still here?! *moves*
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

Quote from: Blizzard on April 07, 2008, 07:17:30 am
Why is this thread still here?! *moves*

because it wants to be thats why!

any way back to topic

this looks like a good game I should play it some time.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />