ATTN: Blizzard

Started by tSwitch, February 02, 2009, 09:24:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tSwitch

Tons of Addons' Caterpillar is causing bugs everywhar, when it is NOT EVEN USED!
:gasp:

Not trying to be rude or anything, but I had a HUGE problem with The Insanity (which resulted in game freeze)
that was removed by entirely cutting the Caterpillar out of Tons (I wasn't using it either)

Now I see another topic where some form of Map or Character based mod is being affected by the caterpillar,
when the caterpillar ISNT even being used :(

Maybe something to look into, eh?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

February 02, 2009, 09:38:19 am #1 Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 09:40:10 am by Blizzard
It's not the script's fault. :/ It's because of the variable ghost/removing a party member when he's dead feature. It requires constant refresh of the player so some stuff doesn't work. It can't be fixed because it's a semantical incompatibility. I'll probably remove those features from the caterpillar or add a full disable. You're not the first one to have those problems. :/
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

a full disable would probably do the job.

of course, I was always under the impression that that's what "CATERPILLAR = false' did :P

Blizzard

It would enable/disable the add-on in-game, but it doesn't disable the entire code of the add-on.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

Quote from: Blizzard on February 02, 2009, 09:50:04 am
It would enable/disable the add-on in-game, but it doesn't disable the entire code of the add-on.

then that might be a good idea to do.
I actually assumed that's how you did the disable, it seemed like that way made more sense to me.

Blizzard

Disabling the code entirely is for the add-ons that are disabled via the module. The code never gets "compiled". Stuff in Game_System gets "compiled", but those pieces of code that are aliased are not being executed if they aren't turned on. What is causing problems in the caterpillar is the actual "compiling" of the code. (The correct term would be definition or declaration, not compilation.)

tSwitch

ahh.
well, however you fix it, it'd be a great idea :D

Calintz

I experienced this problem with Winkio's scriptlet that allowed for Idle Animations...

Winkio came up with this solution NAMKOR for that particular scriptlet.. This might fix your problem too without actually cutting the piece from the script. He just had me go to line 2677 (I believe and change the DEATH value from 1 >> 0

Blizzard

I know that this can fix the problem, but it's not a permanent solution. :/

tSwitch

Quote from: Calintz16438 on February 02, 2009, 04:49:33 pm
I experienced this problem with Winkio's scriptlet that allowed for Idle Animations...

Winkio came up with this solution NAMKOR for that particular scriptlet.. This might fix your problem too without actually cutting the piece from the script. He just had me go to line 2677 (I believe and change the DEATH value from 1 >> 0

I've just completely cut the caterpillar out every time.

Calintz

Blizzard...
Have you any ideas on how to make the caterpillar script even more compat.?

Blizzard

It has to be possible. I need to find some time after CP Beta and mess around with it a bit.

Calintz

@Blizzard:
This is DEF not important, so take all the time in the world.

Good luck, and don't forget to PM me when you get a new battler for Lilith.

omegapirate2000

I originally had a number of problems with the tons of addons, and I couldn't figure out which of the addons was causing them, so I just made them separate scripts :D

I'm using blizzards caterpillar script and its working well enough for me.
Spoiler: ShowHide