Explain your username!

Started by Reno-s--Joker, February 06, 2009, 01:04:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Reno-s--Joker

Hi - its me again, bored and not thinking properly.  :^_^': Sorry if this post already exists, but I promise you I did a search on it first, as I always do.  :shy:

Soooo.... what's the story behind your username?

The very long story behind "Reno-s--Joker": :V:
1) I started doing a little less well at school, so I adopted an email 'brain juice leaking' because I thought it applied to me.
2) I developed an obsession with Reno and FFVII Advent Children.
3) I wanted to make art for it so I signed up for dA, shoving Reno and 'brain' together. --> Reno-s--Brain
4) I got obsessed with the Joker from TDK recently, hence the Joker part. --> Reno-s--Joker

:ninja:
[Btw, is it just me or did I only just notice the forum has ads? There is this weird egg eating things with its super long tongue.  :O_O:]

Starrodkirby86

The ads are for Google related revenue. It's not like they'll produce SPAM or anything extremely bad towards your computer.

Well, let's go back to Elementary School days. On the Nintendo Nsider Forums, I created my first alias, POPSTAR64:D, which is the planet name in Kirby (So it's not the singing genre). The number was based off the Nintendo 64. :P I was going to create a Yahoo! account under the same name, but it was already in use, so I went for Starrodkirby86, which is based off of Star Rod Kirby from Kirby's Adventure or Nightmare in Dream Land. The 86 is purely a random number. It stuck to me since.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Reno-s--Joker

^-^I'm not complaining - they're actually more aesthetically pleasing than one some other sites... DD:
I must've just noticed them.  :wacko:

LOL, I figured that you like Kirby. :haha: Niice! I noticed a lot of people have had to improvise and stick with names. Same here.  :<_<:
I don't know much about Kirby, but in Brawl he eats people to mimick them.  :haha: ...Don't tell me he turns into a rod with a star on the end...?  :O_O: (like the one that can shoot people in Brawl...?)

Quotewhich is the planet name in Kirby (So it's not the singing genre)

:P Haha... I was just about to say... :XD:

EDIT: Btw, while you're here - what's the age range for an elementary school kid?  :???:

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Reno-s--Joker on February 06, 2009, 01:26:30 am
LOL, I figured that you like Kirby. :haha: Niice! I noticed a lot of people have had to improvise and stick with names. Same here.  :<_<:
I don't know much about Kirby, but in Brawl he eats people to mimick them.  :haha: ...Don't tell me he turns into a rod with a star on the end...?  :O_O: (like the one that can shoot people in Brawl...?)

EDIT: Btw, while you're here - what's the age range for an elementary school kid?  :???:

For your first statement, it's simply Kirby holding a Star Rod.

Spoiler: ShowHide

And the second one, the typical age range should be 6-12, for an Elementary School Kid that is. I made the name in Fifth Grade, so I was 10 then.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

shdwlink1993

Back in the day when I played RuneScape religiously (actually a wee bit earlier), I needed a username for fairly obvious reasons, and therefore I ended up using shdwlink1993 for the name due to a maximum of 12 characters in a name.
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Reno-s--Joker

SO IT IS ONE OF THOSE!!! :w00t:
I love cleaning the Brawl stage with them. Ahem. ^-^;
Muahaha that is so cute! :D Epic pink ball ftw! :haha:

Oh neat! I was under the impression that your system had a different age grouping, but hey, it's exactly the same except for the word. ^-^
Elementary School == Primary School
:XD: Now it must have been the higher grades that confused me. :D

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
*sigh*, that's the second time shdwlink has beaten be to posting today. :XD:

QuoteBack in the day when I played RuneScape religiously (actually a wee bit earlier), I needed a username for fairly obvious reasons, and therefore I ended up using shdwlink1993 for the name due to a maximum of 12 characters in a name.

Does it happen to have anything to do with Link from the Legend of Zelda...?  :O.o:

shdwlink1993

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I also religiously played The Legend of Zelda. :haha: Indeed, that is why I bothered making it shdwlink1993, and not something... else, like starrodkirby or Firestorm or MinaIce or stupid_axe, or whatever. And, in case the four-digit number that looks suspiciously like a year didn't clue you in, that is indeed the year I was born. :xD:

Quote from: Reno-s--Joker on February 06, 2009, 01:56:14 am
*sigh*, that's the second time shdwlink has beaten be to posting today. :XD:

We aim to please. ;) (also, just a friendly hint, the emotes are caps-intolerant, meaning xD != XD. Go figure as to why it's that rude, but oh well...)

In related news, Kirby anime FTW!
Stuff I've made:

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Fantasist

Quote from: From thefreedictionary.comNoun   1. fantasist - a creator of fantasies

I'm always dreamy, so yeah ^_^
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Reno-s--Joker

Legend of Zelda FTW! ^-^ I think that was one of my first games... the one on NES. <333
So is it like Shadow Link, kinda like Dark Link...? :???: I've only played three of the many titles so, don't laugh at mee... ^-^;

*shakes fist*
Lol, that is pretty annoying. :| I was just on dA, though and I always use their :XD: emote so I forgot what site I was on. But thanks for the tip - it will be useful for the future. :xD: My emote vocabulary on this site is slowly expanding..... :D

:o Kirby has an ANIME...?

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
.... I'm maybe starting to think it's just me. I guess that's what you get when you take so long to post stuff. :|

QuoteI'm always dreamy, so yeah ^_^

Aww, that's actually really nice, I like it! :D
You totally belong with RPGs then, lol! :haha: Thanks Fantasist! <3

shdwlink1993

Shadow Link is Dark Link with a different name. He showed up in Zelda II and Ocarina of Time as Dark Link, and then reappeared in Four Swords Adventures as Shadow Link.

I won't laugh that you don't know. I might cry that you've only played three, though :'(.

Indeed. That screenshot in SRK's post was from Kirby's anime, Kirby of the Stars (Or, as 4kids Satan Incarnate called it, Kirby Right Back at Ya!).
Stuff I've made:

Fallen Angel X

I made the name Fallen Angel X for the acronym. :<_<: FAX isn't my usual username ftl. :xD: Actually, if I were to think back to it, I think I made it because I went to church and saw a statue of an angel owning a fallen angel. And the x was just random. :^_^':

winkio

yeah, winkio is pretty much unrelated to anything, the only part is this "io" suffix, which I got from mario games and such at the time I made it (8 years ago O_o  Holy shit how was I even allowed on the internet then?)

tSwitch

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

February 06, 2009, 10:14:40 am #13 Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 10:16:36 am by Blizzard
It was way back when I started with SMS chat rooms. I didn't even have a proper PC back then. I called myself "Extra" first. But then I stopped. Around a year later I think the chat got revamped or something and I wanted to register again. But this time I wanted something better than "Extra". And Blizzard came to my mind. I don't know why I actually decided using it, because during that time I was more like a "fiery" guy and liked the element fire. I didn't like ice. Funny, today I still don't like the cold, yet I love "being cold". I love my name because it suits my personality very well. I'm as cold as ice, I keep a cool head all the time and I'm simply cool. That's fact whether you like it or not. Period.
Anyway, I obviously stopped being active in that chat very soon once again. xD

When I started out with trance music and I obviously needed a pseudonym so I picked Blizzard again and now I'm stuck with it. It's not that I don't like my name, I love it. But sometimes (more like very often <_< ) people associate it with Blizzard Entertainment and I hate that. :/
Well, at least I kill their idea that I'm called Blizzard because of Blizzard Entertainment usually off right away by telling them it's my pseudonym as musician. They never mention it again. xD

I'm still in a dillema if I should rename myself to "Blizzard Pure" or something like that.

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on February 06, 2009, 01:11:43 am
The ads are for Google related revenue. It's not like they'll produce SPAM or anything extremely bad towards your computer.

Well, let's go back to Elementary School days. On the Nintendo Nsider Forums, I created my first alias, POPSTAR64:D, which is the planet name in Kirby (So it's not the singing genre). The number was based off the Nintendo 64. :P I was going to create a Yahoo! account under the same name, but it was already in use, so I went for Starrodkirby86, which is based off of Star Rod Kirby from Kirby's Adventure or Nightmare in Dream Land. The 86 is purely a random number. It stuck to me since.

Lol, when I read about 64 and saw the 86 I thought it would be related to x64 and x86 processors. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

February 06, 2009, 10:25:40 am #14 Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 10:26:52 am by Fantasist
QuoteBut sometimes (more like very often <_< ) people associate it with Blizzard Entertainment and I hate that. :/

lol! I searched for Blizzard in google way back in my beginning days at old CP and that's when I realized this.

QuoteLol, when I read about 64 and saw the 86 I thought it would be related to x64 and x86 processors. xD

Hey, you stole that right from my head :O
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Reno-s--Joker

Quote from: shdwlink1993 on February 06, 2009, 06:43:37 am
I won't laugh that you don't know. I might cry that you've only played three, though :'(.

Indeed. That screenshot in SRK's post was from Kirby's anime, Kirby of the Stars (Or, as 4kids Satan Incarnate called it, Kirby Right Back at Ya!).

:bag: ... yeah I know ... I've been told that Ocarina of Time is a must-play. D: AND I MISSED IT!  :'(
Lol, I can't help but wonder who does Kirby's voice .... :xD:
(Satan Incarnate LMAO  :D)

Quote from: Fallen Angel X on February 06, 2009, 07:20:22 am
I made the name Fallen Angel X for the acronym. :<_<: FAX isn't my usual username ftl. :xD: Actually, if I were to think back to it, I think I made it because I went to church and saw a statue of an angel owning a fallen angel. And the x was just random. :^_^':

Well that's an epic image :P The X sounds like 'the tenth fallen angel' or something. :D
:O.o: Do you like FAXes?

Quote from: winkio on February 06, 2009, 09:10:53 am
yeah, winkio is pretty much unrelated to anything, the only part is this "io" suffix, which I got from mario games and such at the time I made it (8 years ago O_o  Holy shit how was I even allowed on the internet then?)

LOL :haha: that makes sense - I never thought of it that way. <3
DDD: 8 year old on the internet RUN AAWAAY!  :O_O:

Quote from: NAMKCOR on February 06, 2009, 09:13:50 am
rockman

WIIIN. <3 I didn't think of that either. ^-^
Haha, I always thought it sounded like a company name, like NAMKCORPORATION or something.  :^_^':

Quote from: Blizzard on February 06, 2009, 10:14:40 am
But this time I wanted something better than "Extra". And Blizzard came to my mind. I don't know why I actually decided using it, because during that time I was more like a "fiery" guy and liked the element fire. I didn't like ice. Funny, today I still don't like the cold, yet I love "being cold". I love my name because it suits my personality very well. I'm as cold as ice, I keep a cool head all the time and I'm simply cool. That's fact whether you like it or not. Period.
Anyway, I obviously stopped being active in that chat very soon once again. xD

When I started out with trance music and I obviously needed a pseudonym so I picked Blizzard again and now I'm stuck with it. It's not that I don't like my name, I love it. But sometimes (more like very often <_< ) people associate it with Blizzard Entertainment and I hate that. :/
Well, at least I kill their idea that I'm called Blizzard because of Blizzard Entertainment usually off right away by telling them it's my pseudonym as musician. They never mention it again. xD

I'm still in a dillema if I should rename myself to "Blizzard Pure" or something like that.

( :blargh: I hate the cold like you wouldn't believe. 40 degrees Celsius ftw.  :ninja: )
That's awesome how it's about your personality though, I didn't think of that either. Geez, I'm being surprised a lot in this post ^-^
Blizzard Pure...?  :O.o: I can't imagine you renaming yourself...  :( Blizzard Entertainment should change their name to make way!   >:(

Quote from: Fantasist on February 06, 2009, 10:25:40 am
QuoteBut sometimes (more like very often <_< ) people associate it with Blizzard Entertainment and I hate that. :/

lol! I searched for Blizzard in google way back in my beginning days at old CP and that's when I realized this.

Lol, me too - although more recently. :|

tSwitch

yeah, it's so simple nobody ever notices.

G_G

my very first username was actually bahumat27 (bahumat is from final fantasy games my favorites summon/boss and 27 was my favorite number)

I stuck with it for awhile and used bahumat for alot of things including my e-mail. game_guy well dunno. I still play ff games but game_guy just popped up I guess. Bahumat was getting alittle old so I stuck with game_guy tho I do use bahumat27 when signing up on certain stuff just to make things go quicker.

Calintz

...what egg?? where??

My name origin is VERY simple.
Much like my e-mail(Derek16438) the numbering sequence comes from my city's zip-code, and the name is based off of an amazing RPG called "Magna Carta." Calintz is the main character, and he is to say at the least...kickass...

I remember this quote from the game...made me fall in love with him, Lol.
"If you so much as look at me in a way that displeases me...I won't hesitate to BURY you!"

You will probably find this quote used somewhere in my game WITW...

Reno-s--Joker

Quote from: NAMKCOR on February 06, 2009, 08:16:51 pm
yeah, it's so simple nobody ever notices.

>< Ragh, I'm ashamed. I usually notice that kinda stuff.  :<_<:
XD

Quote from: game_guy on February 06, 2009, 08:25:30 pm
my very first username was actually bahumat27 (bahumat is from final fantasy games my favorites summon/boss and 27 was my favorite number)

I stuck with it for awhile and used bahumat for alot of things including my e-mail. game_guy well dunno. I still play ff games but game_guy just popped up I guess. Bahumat was getting alittle old so I stuck with game_guy tho I do use bahumat27 when signing up on certain stuff just to make things go quicker.

^-^ Yeah, I think game_guy is more general. It's kinda like 'I'm a guy who plays games'. :xD:
Nice! :D

Quote from: Calintz16438 on February 06, 2009, 08:40:31 pm
...what egg?? where??

My name origin is VERY simple.
Much like my e-mail(Derek16438) the numbering sequence comes from my city's zip-code, and the name is based off of an amazing RPG called "Magna Carta." Calintz is the main character, and he is to say at the least...kickass...

I remember this quote from the game...made me fall in love with him, Lol.
"If you so much as look at me in a way that displeases me...I won't hesitate to BURY you!"

You will probably find this quote used somewhere in my game WITW...

I think it was an ad for Adventure Quest. Some long tongue dragon egg...?  :???: I was using a different computer, so I just noticed it. I have an ad block thing on my normal computer, so my internet runs a teensy bit better. :)
LOL :D I like the sound of this Calintz too. <3 I noticed you used the name in WITW. :P
But using a zip code for your username number is one I haven't heard before. It's a cool-looking number, though. :D

Tazero

Quote from: shdwlink1993 on February 06, 2009, 06:43:37 am
Shadow Link is Dark Link with a different name. He showed up in Zelda II and Ocarina of Time as Dark Link, and then reappeared in Four Swords Adventures as Shadow Link.

You do know that the second zelda is Majoras Mask

Topic at hand...
Well I originally had the name Taharo because I thought it was unique i've been using that alias forever now I'm metaknight because SRK86 opened my eyes to a childhood thing i always loved kirby and forever will But meta knight's kick ass so I've always been a bit mysterious and always the odd one out so Meta suited me :)

If you were a fish...

winkio

ah, the young fools.  Zelda started at the NES.  Ocarina of time was the first EPIC zelda game, for the N64.  So many in between.

And metaknight is indeed an interesting character...

Reno-s--Joker

NES Zelda was the first one I played. And the second one was Twilight Princess. HUUUGE gap. :xD:

QuoteWell I originally had the name Taharo because I thought it was unique i've been using that alias forever now I'm metaknight because SRK86 opened my eyes to a childhood thing i always loved kirby and forever will But meta knight's kick ass so I've always been a bit mysterious and always the odd one out so Meta suited me Happy

Does Taharo mean anything? It sounds a little Jap to me... :???:
Waah, I want to play a Kirby game now... I agree, Meta Knight sounds interesting. :D

Diokatsu

My name comes from the o so wonderful rocker, "Dio", Ronnie James Dio :V

In actuality, it came from random thought one day. I had previously left a Latin class where we first learned the work god(deus)-third declension practice-and I decided to go check out god in other languages. Turns out, Italian was my language of choice back in 7th grade, not Japanese. I did some research and came up with "Dio". It was then I began my frightful journey into studying Zen Buddhism and came upon the phrase "katsu", a type of shout which expresses an enlightened state of being. I knew nothing further than that, but made work to combine them. Once I had coming out with this alias, I dropped my "Sasuke-kun" one and took up "diokatsu". Later, however, I began to devise a story that would be alike a dream world to me and called the story Diokatsu, on the idea that the protagonist wished to become enlightened, to learn everything and, in that sense, become a god. It was a while before I used it anywhere, but Diokatsu became my number one alias. Long story I guess XD

Calintz

Interesting, and very valid post Diokatsu.
I really like how you came up with it. That is probably as original as it is gonna get =)

Aqua

February 06, 2009, 09:51:54 pm #25 Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 09:56:30 pm by Aqua
Let's see...
My alias that I use is actually TerreAqua, but I changed my CP name to Aqua since I hate people calling me Terre... >.>

Eh... don't feel like telling how I got TerreAqua; it's a pretty long story. >.<

Well, I didn't like people calling me Terre on here, so I asked Blizz to change my display name to Aqua... so... there! XD

(I actually kinda wanna get a more original alias... Kinda scared to change though. [and I need to think of a cool one first...])

Edit:
Eh... I'll reveal TerreAqua.  Gimme a mo.

Edit edit:
Okay so back in the days of 7th grade, my friend and I were writing a story which first began as an English assignment.  We (more like I since I did all the work...) to make a site for it for easy archival/sharing purposes.  We needed a name for the site, so we combined our favorite elements together:  Earth and Water (guess which one is mine... lol).

Then after we got TerreAqua, I wanted to rid myself of my old msn account since I didn't like the name...  I couldn't think of anything, so I just went with TerreAqua.

Then from there, TerreAqua's always been a character that I'd make in MMOs in case I ran out of other names, so it's stuck with me for awhile.

Calintz

I think you would be better to keep the same Display name actually...I know you as Aqua and I know many others on this site by their Display names(obviously).

For example...I did not know that Game_Guy was originally Bahamut until I saw his post today.  :twitch:

Tazero

Well Taharo was an extension to Tex with was origanated from Tenchen from taharo went to Tazero down to Meta Knight

If you were a fish...

Reno-s--Joker

Really interesting story, more like. ^-^ (and dude I actually kinda know about Latin declensions! I feel really smart! Sorta. :V:) I thought the whole word was Jap, but I guess I was wrong.
:D Awesome, enlightenment and god. That's deep. :haha: <3

... Lol, one of my (female) friends was called Sasuke-kun. :xD: EXTREME obsession.

NOT AGAIIN!! Who is it this time...?  >:(
Jokes. ^-^;

QuoteInteresting, and very valid post Diokatsu.
I really like how you came up with it. That is probably as original as it is gonna get =)

I agree, it is pretty original, probably due to the fact that it has a unique meaning behind it. A real bonus when signing up for stuff. I hate it when your username is already taken.  >:(

WTH this is my unlucky day or something.  :<_<:

QuoteEh... don't feel like telling how I got TerreAqua; it's a pretty long story. >.<

Well, I didn't like people calling me Terre on here, so I asked Blizz to change my display name to Aqua... so... there! XD

(I actually kinda wanna get a more original alias... Kinda scared to change though. [and I need to think of a cool one first...])

Yeah lol - Terre sounds like Terry or Terreh or however you would say it. :bag: Aqua is much more flowing. <3
^-^ And it's pretty hard thinking of a cool new nickname ...   :<_<:

I think I just broke a new record. D: Failure slow internet, Failure!
Calintz you're too fast! Although you have a very good point there. :D

I give uuuupppp. :|

Calintz

February 06, 2009, 10:01:23 pm #29 Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 10:02:35 pm by Calintz16438
...why all of the sudden alias changing!?
I don't get it!! You are supposed to begin with an alias and stick with it.

I suppose one could judge a person by their constant shifting. Knowing that if they can't even hold on to a screenname, how the hell can they expect to finish a project!!??

JUST KIDDING! I give you guys more credit than that XD!!
But seriously...you guys will break my fragile little heart should you not finish your projects... :(

Reno-s--Joker

I think I will break my own heart if I don't finish my own project... :'(

Well, mainly I made shifts because my username was already taken. Although you might be right - I actually have maybe 5 screen names (which I can think of atm) and I've changed my project so much from the start (it wasn't actually going to be an RPG).

Aqua

Well... I'm having feelings of changing it because I don't wanna be mixed with other stuff...

Like... when I search TerreAqua on Google, it asks if I meant TerrAqua... >.>

Lol... if I finish my project... then... wow I'd have so much fun (and frustration) playing it... :P
(Has some really hard bosses in storage)

Fallen Angel X

I might ask Blizz to change my display name O.o Fallen Angel X isn't my usual alias ._. I'd rather stick with my old one xD

(I have my own project that I'm failing to accomplish ._. Luckily I've never posted it up, so I'm not obligated to finish it O.o)

Calintz

Well, what is your previous alias, and why did you choose that one??

@Aqua:
I am looking forward to it, so don't give up, okay!!??

Reno-s--Joker

QuoteLike... when I search TerreAqua on Google, it asks if I meant TerrAqua... >.>

That is actually a pretty bad insult. :o

Quote(I have my own project that I'm failing to accomplish ._. Luckily I've never posted it up, so I'm not obligated to finish it O.o)

Lol, me neither.... ^-^;

Calintz

Quote(I have my own project that I'm failing to accomplish ._. Luckily I've never posted it up, so I'm not obligated to finish it O.o)

Lol, me neither.... ^-^;
[/quote]

You should be ashamed!!

Aqua

I can't really progress too far with like... the numbers of the game (stats, enemies, etc.) of the game w/o the combo system being released for Blizz-ABS.
*cough Blizz... if you read this... this is soooooo not a hint for you to work on Blizz-ABS... :roll: cough*

Anyway... I think what I'm /really/ dreading is all the character poses (for skills and stuff) and mapping!!!

I also have to redesign the 3 main characters, one of whom I'm drawing right now.

Fallen Angel X

We've strayed off topic btw >_>

My other alias is Tikoja. Oh that brings back memories. I guess I picked it this time around b/c I needed something different for a change. Now I'm regretting it O.o

Calintz

Reno-s--Joker

See, it's hard Calintz! :'( You should understand the procrastination I suffer! :xD:
DDD: Mapping....

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
FAIL. I should pay attention more. :|

QuoteMy other alias is Tikoja. Oh that brings back memories. I guess I picked it this time around b/c I needed something different for a change. Now I'm regretting it O.o

I can't say that sounds Jap. It reminds me of jungles, lol....  :^_^':

Now I feel like changing my username... :shifty:

Fallen Angel X

Well, I wasn't so Japanese obsessed back in the day :^_^': But it's story is very similar to Shdw's xD The difference is, I had just finished watching an episode of digimon O.o The 2 characters I saw where Tikuya(or something like that O.o) and Koji :P

Calintz

Quote....
Now I feel like changing my username... :shifty:

You...BASTARD!! Lol, just joking...
Tikoja. Got's Koja which reminds me of Kudjo, the killer dog, Lol

Aqua

Oh the season where they change themselves into digimon!?!
Kazemon ftw!!! <3

Lol... My go-to-character name for MMOs now is Dikura, but... that brings up weird results in google... XD

Landith

My name came from an online random name generator  :uhm:

Yeah. My old alias was Azriel based on the poke'mon  :haha:
But that was when I was 10

Diokatsu

Digimon! I must say, Kazemon was the coolest Digimon EVER.

Thanks for all the comments everyone, but my name isn't really that original. Standard pseudo-religious stuff I come up with XD Cool about knowing some Latin declensions too!

Calintz

Never really got into Digimon myself...I was a Pokemon kid, Lol.

Landith

Me too, I used to love poke'mon then it became old and the shows changed and it wasn't cool anymore... Oh well.
Sorry for being offtopic...  :^_^':

Reno-s--Joker

QuoteMy name came from an online random name generator  Uhm

LMAO. <3

Who cares about being off topic: POKEMON FTW! <3
I had a major crush on Ash at one stage, I must confess. :shy: But that was also when I was like, 10. Maybe 6, actually. :|

Landith

I didn't know there was poke'mon 245-249 years ago  :V:

Calintz

Yeah...me neither...
But anyway, has anyone played MagnaCarta??(The game where my alias originates)

Reno-s--Joker

Like you wouldn't believe it, Landith! There were REAL Pokemon, roaming the Earth!!!
:xD:

^-^ I actually haven't heard of Magna Carta :bag: - but I want to play it now... :)

Diokatsu

Quote from: Reno-s--Joker on February 06, 2009, 11:09:17 pm
I had a major crush on Ash at one stage, I must confess. :shy: But that was also when I was like, 10. Maybe 6, actually. :|

Same, only it was on Misty.

Landith

I used to think Misty was so hott...  :shy:

@Calintz: Nope, what system is it for?

Starrodkirby86

One day I've been gone, and this has turned from <20 to >50 replies. What. The. Heck.

MagnaCarta should be a user here on CP. I would assume the name is from the document back over in Europe or it would be based off the game, yes. But I'm no master of name origins. :P

Landith

Are you talking about the magna carta that set up a basic principle for kings?

Starrodkirby86

That's right. It's one of those two that username was based off (Or at least my theory is, it can just be some D & D Nerd thing :P ). Good thing you know your World History. :P

QuoteMy old alias was Azriel based on the poke'mon

Hold on...I don't remember a Pokemon named Azriel. Is that a nickname to one of your Pokemon or the name of your trainer, because the closest thing I can think of from Azriel is Azelf. o_o;

Landith

Actually I just learned that in class today

It was based off this water type bouncy character. Azumaril I think

Starrodkirby86

Oh right, Azurill. The pre-evolution of Marill. :x

They were introduced in the Third Generation of Pokemon, which was the Hoenn Region. :3

So let's see, are there anymore interesting username origins!?

Reno-s--Joker

^-^ Thanks for keeping us on topic Starrodkirby. :D
Off topic again: Misty is hot. She wears short shorts. :xD: *notices neglect of Brock - LMAO*

Lol... I'm kinda curious if Juan's name IRL is Juan. :haha:

Starrodkirby86

It is. But I shouldn't go all real names here with everything. But I got to say, Juan is indeed epic and awesome that way. 8)

So, is a majority here named off of interests they like, such as games and anime, with exceptions like Blizzard and Fantasist?

Reno-s--Joker

Wow, but Juan itself is such an epic name! :haha: Epic in itself... I guess he has no reason to mask it. :)

Seems so, unless Landith wasn't joking about a random online generator. :O_O:
^-^ Or maybe Landith is interested in random generators. :D

Blizzard

Quote from: Reno-s--Joker on February 06, 2009, 07:24:51 pm
( :blargh: I hate the cold like you wouldn't believe. 40 degrees Celsius ftw.  :ninja: )

I'm more like the 30°C type. xD Warmth FTW. :D

That's awesome how it's about your personality though, I didn't think of that either. Geez, I'm being surprised a lot in this post ^-^

Yeah. But it's kinda awesome that it wasn't in the first place but it became later. xD

Blizzard Pure...?  :O.o: I can't imagine you renaming yourself...  :( Blizzard Entertainment should change their name to make way!   >:(

<3

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

Reno-s--Joker

Quote from: Blizzard on February 07, 2009, 06:41:06 am

I'm more like the 30°C type. xD Warmth FTW. :D

Yeah. But it's kinda awesome that it wasn't in the first place but it became later. xD

Blizzard Pure...?  :O.o: I can't imagine you renaming yourself...  :( Blizzard Entertainment should change their name to make way!   >:(

<3

:haha: Most people, like my computer for example, vapourise in 40. Which fails because I need to do work. D: It has its good and bad sides, I guess.... :shifty:

:D Agreed - although it would be weird if you changed your personality for the sole purpose of becoming like a Blizzard. :O_O: Jokes. It must've been totally coincidental. :P

Quote from: WcW on February 07, 2009, 09:01:06 am
World conquering Wizard!!!!

:haha: Lol, so simple but very nice... I dunno anything about WoW but I always thought they looked similar.
... coincidence...? :???:

fugibo

Yes. Depending on your font, they might look increasingly different.

Blizzard

Quote from: Reno-s--Joker on February 07, 2009, 04:26:19 pm
:D Agreed - although it would be weird if you changed your personality for the sole purpose of becoming like a Blizzard. :O_O: Jokes. It must've been totally coincidental. :P

Actually I think it was always destinied to happen. I'm really not a person who believes in destiny, but when I look back into my past, I can see glimpses of my current self. A long time ago I already had some traits which I have today. They weren't obvious, in fact they were very subtle. But they were there, just waiting to come out. o.o; They are critical parts of my personality today. That just can't be coincindence. Back then I obviously had no idea what was going on, though. xD

tSwitch

I've played Magna Carta.
the game is good, but there are so many characters who are "mysterious loners, not much is known about their past"

Reno-s--Joker

Quote from: Blizzard on February 08, 2009, 08:34:38 am
Quote from: Reno-s--Joker on February 07, 2009, 04:26:19 pm

Actually I think it was always destinied to happen. I'm really not a person who believes in destiny, but when I look back into my past, I can see glimpses of my current self. A long time ago I already had some traits which I have today. They weren't obvious, in fact they were very subtle. But they were there, just waiting to come out. o.o; They are critical parts of my personality today. That just can't be coincindence. Back then I obviously had no idea what was going on, though. xD

That's awesome - see, all the more reason not to change your username! :D Unless you are also 'Pure'... :o
D: I'm kinda scared of the idea that your personality might really be inbuilt. At least you seem to like yours. ^-^
... I wonder what my personality will be like in the future.... :S

Quote from: NAMKCOR on February 08, 2009, 07:30:10 pm
I've played Magna Carta.
the game is good, but there are so many characters who are "mysterious loners, not much is known about their past"

:haha: LOL - I love the way you put it... :xD:
<3

tSwitch

one of them looks like manson too.

King Munkey

about 7 or so years ago i had always wanted to own my own video game company. Me and my friend soon came up with Ugly Munkey Studios. I started going by ugly munkey. Then i used to play halo with friends alot. My friends loved the munkey thing and added Munkey to the end of their names. I thwn changed mine to King Munkey once the Munkey Kingdom as we called it was created. and since then i have gone by King Munkey, King Munkey X, and Ugly Munkey.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

tSwitch

and here I was thinking you just liked One Piece

Blizzard

Quote from: Reno-s--Joker on February 08, 2009, 08:32:33 pm
That's awesome - see, all the more reason not to change your username! :D Unless you are also 'Pure'... :o

Lol, no. Pure references to Blizzard. Something like "Pure Blizzard" or "totally Blizzard". xD

Sally

susys,

someone called me sus and not sal, probly on acident but thats how i got my name...
stupid i know but it sounds cool.. :P S_s_s  _u_y_

Valcos

I cant rember where i got Valcos from... but i had since Diablo days, the first one.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Reno-s--Joker

Quote from: Kingmunkey on February 08, 2009, 09:03:39 pm
about 7 or so years ago i had always wanted to own my own video game company. Me and my friend soon came up with Ugly Munkey Studios. I started going by ugly munkey. Then i used to play halo with friends alot. My friends loved the munkey thing and added Munkey to the end of their names. I thwn changed mine to King Munkey once the Munkey Kingdom as we called it was created. and since then i have gone by King Munkey, King Munkey X, and Ugly Munkey.

That's awesome, dude! <3 Call me lame and sappy but I love it when friendship groups adopt kingdoms... :haha:
Lol, any reason why it's Munkey and not Monkey...? :D

Quote from: Blizzard on February 09, 2009, 03:57:09 am
Lol, no. Pure references to Blizzard. Something like "Pure Blizzard" or "totally Blizzard". xD

>.< *is slow* Oh LOL - I get it! :shy:
Haha, 'totally Blizzard' makes you sound like a valley girl... :P

Quote from: Susys on February 09, 2009, 06:12:34 am
susys,

someone called me sus and not sal, probly on acident but thats how i got my name...
stupid i know but it sounds cool.. :P S_s_s  _u_y_

Lol, that is pretty weird... :haha: But I agree, susys sounds and looks really cool. ^-^

Quote from: Valcos on February 09, 2009, 11:20:47 pm
I cant rember where i got Valcos from... but i had since Diablo days, the first one.

I always though Valcos sounded so much like a pwning evil conqueror's name :xD:

G_G

Wierd I always thought valcos as a volcano.

G_G

Monkeys are hairy. So I kind of imagine you as a high teck smart monkey. No offense or anything

Landith

Quote from: Reno-s--Joker on February 07, 2009, 01:34:23 am
Seems so, unless Landith wasn't joking about a random online generator. :O_O:
^-^ Or maybe Landith is interested in random generators. :D

Actually I was joking about the random online generator.
I was trying to decide on a alias to go by for here because my old one was well old.
So I thought fast and decided to chose the differentiate of water which is land and added ith to the end hence landith :)

King Munkey

Quote from: Reno-s--Joker on February 09, 2009, 11:54:53 pm
Quote from: Kingmunkey on February 08, 2009, 09:03:39 pm

That's awesome, dude! <3 Call me lame and sappy but I love it when friendship groups adopt kingdoms... :haha:
Lol, any reason why it's Munkey and not Monkey...? :D

Well the reason it is Munkey is because at first thats how i thought it was spelled and after realizing that is not how it is spelled decided to stick with it anyways because i liked it better that way. lol.

Quote from: game_guy on February 10, 2009, 12:27:54 am
Monkeys are hairy. So I kind of imagine you as a high teck smart monkey. No offense or anything

I can understand where you would get that from.  :D

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey