Explain your username!

Started by Reno-s--Joker, February 06, 2009, 01:04:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazero

Quote from: shdwlink1993 on February 06, 2009, 06:43:37 am
Shadow Link is Dark Link with a different name. He showed up in Zelda II and Ocarina of Time as Dark Link, and then reappeared in Four Swords Adventures as Shadow Link.

I won't laugh that you don't know. I might cry that you've only played three, though :'(.

Indeed. That screenshot in SRK's post was from Kirby's anime, Kirby of the Stars (Or, as 4kids Satan Incarnate called it, Kirby Right Back at Ya!).

You do know that the second zelda is Majoras Mask

Topic at hand...
Well I originally had the name Taharo because I thought it was unique i've been using that alias forever now I'm metaknight because SRK86 opened my eyes to a childhood thing i always loved kirby and forever will But meta knight's kick ass so I've always been a bit mysterious and always the odd one out so Meta suited me :)

If you were a fish...

winkio

ah, the young fools.  Zelda started at the NES.  Ocarina of time was the first EPIC zelda game, for the N64.  So many in between.

And metaknight is indeed an interesting character...

Reno-s--Joker

NES Zelda was the first one I played. And the second one was Twilight Princess. HUUUGE gap. :xD:

QuoteWell I originally had the name Taharo because I thought it was unique i've been using that alias forever now I'm metaknight because SRK86 opened my eyes to a childhood thing i always loved kirby and forever will But meta knight's kick ass so I've always been a bit mysterious and always the odd one out so Meta suited me Happy

Does Taharo mean anything? It sounds a little Jap to me... :???:
Waah, I want to play a Kirby game now... I agree, Meta Knight sounds interesting. :D

Diokatsu

My name comes from the o so wonderful rocker, "Dio", Ronnie James Dio :V

In actuality, it came from random thought one day. I had previously left a Latin class where we first learned the work god(deus)-third declension practice-and I decided to go check out god in other languages. Turns out, Italian was my language of choice back in 7th grade, not Japanese. I did some research and came up with "Dio". It was then I began my frightful journey into studying Zen Buddhism and came upon the phrase "katsu", a type of shout which expresses an enlightened state of being. I knew nothing further than that, but made work to combine them. Once I had coming out with this alias, I dropped my "Sasuke-kun" one and took up "diokatsu". Later, however, I began to devise a story that would be alike a dream world to me and called the story Diokatsu, on the idea that the protagonist wished to become enlightened, to learn everything and, in that sense, become a god. It was a while before I used it anywhere, but Diokatsu became my number one alias. Long story I guess XD

Calintz

Interesting, and very valid post Diokatsu.
I really like how you came up with it. That is probably as original as it is gonna get =)

Aqua

February 06, 2009, 09:51:54 pm #25 Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 09:56:30 pm by Aqua
Let's see...
My alias that I use is actually TerreAqua, but I changed my CP name to Aqua since I hate people calling me Terre... >.>

Eh... don't feel like telling how I got TerreAqua; it's a pretty long story. >.<

Well, I didn't like people calling me Terre on here, so I asked Blizz to change my display name to Aqua... so... there! XD

(I actually kinda wanna get a more original alias... Kinda scared to change though. [and I need to think of a cool one first...])

Edit:
Eh... I'll reveal TerreAqua.  Gimme a mo.

Edit edit:
Okay so back in the days of 7th grade, my friend and I were writing a story which first began as an English assignment.  We (more like I since I did all the work...) to make a site for it for easy archival/sharing purposes.  We needed a name for the site, so we combined our favorite elements together:  Earth and Water (guess which one is mine... lol).

Then after we got TerreAqua, I wanted to rid myself of my old msn account since I didn't like the name...  I couldn't think of anything, so I just went with TerreAqua.

Then from there, TerreAqua's always been a character that I'd make in MMOs in case I ran out of other names, so it's stuck with me for awhile.

Calintz

I think you would be better to keep the same Display name actually...I know you as Aqua and I know many others on this site by their Display names(obviously).

For example...I did not know that Game_Guy was originally Bahamut until I saw his post today.  :twitch:

Tazero

Well Taharo was an extension to Tex with was origanated from Tenchen from taharo went to Tazero down to Meta Knight

If you were a fish...

Reno-s--Joker

Really interesting story, more like. ^-^ (and dude I actually kinda know about Latin declensions! I feel really smart! Sorta. :V:) I thought the whole word was Jap, but I guess I was wrong.
:D Awesome, enlightenment and god. That's deep. :haha: <3

... Lol, one of my (female) friends was called Sasuke-kun. :xD: EXTREME obsession.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
NOT AGAIIN!! Who is it this time...?  >:(
Jokes. ^-^;

QuoteInteresting, and very valid post Diokatsu.
I really like how you came up with it. That is probably as original as it is gonna get =)

I agree, it is pretty original, probably due to the fact that it has a unique meaning behind it. A real bonus when signing up for stuff. I hate it when your username is already taken.  >:(

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
WTH this is my unlucky day or something.  :<_<:

QuoteEh... don't feel like telling how I got TerreAqua; it's a pretty long story. >.<

Well, I didn't like people calling me Terre on here, so I asked Blizz to change my display name to Aqua... so... there! XD

(I actually kinda wanna get a more original alias... Kinda scared to change though. [and I need to think of a cool one first...])

Yeah lol - Terre sounds like Terry or Terreh or however you would say it. :bag: Aqua is much more flowing. <3
^-^ And it's pretty hard thinking of a cool new nickname ...   :<_<:

I think I just broke a new record. D: Failure slow internet, Failure!
Calintz you're too fast! Although you have a very good point there. :D

I give uuuupppp. :|

Calintz

February 06, 2009, 10:01:23 pm #29 Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 10:02:35 pm by Calintz16438
...why all of the sudden alias changing!?
I don't get it!! You are supposed to begin with an alias and stick with it.

I suppose one could judge a person by their constant shifting. Knowing that if they can't even hold on to a screenname, how the hell can they expect to finish a project!!??

JUST KIDDING! I give you guys more credit than that XD!!
But seriously...you guys will break my fragile little heart should you not finish your projects... :(

Reno-s--Joker

I think I will break my own heart if I don't finish my own project... :'(

Well, mainly I made shifts because my username was already taken. Although you might be right - I actually have maybe 5 screen names (which I can think of atm) and I've changed my project so much from the start (it wasn't actually going to be an RPG).

Aqua

Well... I'm having feelings of changing it because I don't wanna be mixed with other stuff...

Like... when I search TerreAqua on Google, it asks if I meant TerrAqua... >.>

Lol... if I finish my project... then... wow I'd have so much fun (and frustration) playing it... :P
(Has some really hard bosses in storage)

Fallen Angel X

I might ask Blizz to change my display name O.o Fallen Angel X isn't my usual alias ._. I'd rather stick with my old one xD

(I have my own project that I'm failing to accomplish ._. Luckily I've never posted it up, so I'm not obligated to finish it O.o)

Calintz

Well, what is your previous alias, and why did you choose that one??

@Aqua:
I am looking forward to it, so don't give up, okay!!??

Reno-s--Joker

QuoteLike... when I search TerreAqua on Google, it asks if I meant TerrAqua... >.>

That is actually a pretty bad insult. :o

Quote(I have my own project that I'm failing to accomplish ._. Luckily I've never posted it up, so I'm not obligated to finish it O.o)

Lol, me neither.... ^-^;

Calintz

Quote(I have my own project that I'm failing to accomplish ._. Luckily I've never posted it up, so I'm not obligated to finish it O.o)

Lol, me neither.... ^-^;
[/quote]

You should be ashamed!!

Aqua

I can't really progress too far with like... the numbers of the game (stats, enemies, etc.) of the game w/o the combo system being released for Blizz-ABS.
*cough Blizz... if you read this... this is soooooo not a hint for you to work on Blizz-ABS... :roll: cough*

Anyway... I think what I'm /really/ dreading is all the character poses (for skills and stuff) and mapping!!!

I also have to redesign the 3 main characters, one of whom I'm drawing right now.

Fallen Angel X

We've strayed off topic btw >_>

My other alias is Tikoja. Oh that brings back memories. I guess I picked it this time around b/c I needed something different for a change. Now I'm regretting it O.o

Calintz

Reno-s--Joker

See, it's hard Calintz! :'( You should understand the procrastination I suffer! :xD:
DDD: Mapping....

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
FAIL. I should pay attention more. :|

QuoteMy other alias is Tikoja. Oh that brings back memories. I guess I picked it this time around b/c I needed something different for a change. Now I'm regretting it O.o

I can't say that sounds Jap. It reminds me of jungles, lol....  :^_^':

Now I feel like changing my username... :shifty: