Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?

Started by Ryex, December 19, 2008, 01:21:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fugibo

Actually, I'm using a normal MacBook, which is cheaper than a lot of laptops with the same specs (the Vaio for one), but with a smaller screen (the 5 hour battery life makes up for that if you ask me; amazing portability)

But back on topic: Anyone know where I can learn how to actually use GarageBand? I'd like to just fiddle around with writing music, as in literally writing it with notes (can't think of proper term, dangit...) I was in the band for ~4 years, so I know the basics. I just want to play around with it.

Reno-s--Joker

*drool* Don't make me want to get one.... >.<

:D Most of the functionalities are so easy to use that you wouldn't need to learn how. Although I think if you want to compose the music yourself it might pose a problem - I know there is a keyboard functionality where you can input your own notes using the computer keyboard as a piano, but that's all I can remember... ^-^; Otherwise I think the software is more for arranging stuff than composing.

I dunno... Google...? :shy:

fugibo

That's what I was thinking. I couldn't figure out how to edit the notes of the instrument :/ And thanks for the word, to. "Composing"... blah. *googles*