[Recruitment] - Breakdown

Started by Landith, February 08, 2009, 08:58:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Landith

February 08, 2009, 08:58:06 pm Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 06:56:52 pm by Landith
Okay, I started a new side-project which is named Breakdown. Breakdown is created with RMXP and is an RPG about two twins(Brother and Sister) learning that they have magic inside them and as the storyline goes along they... Well we willl just leave this as a surprise  :P

I need these following positions:
Positions: ShowHide

• 2 Spriters (If applied for I need to see an example of your work)

• 1 CG Artist(Same as above ^^)

• 1 Scripter

• 2 Eventers

• 1 Mapper

• 1 Writer(To improve the storyline and plotline for the game)

• 2/3 Side Quest Designer (Designs Side Quests... )

* The ones colored red are ones I already have and don't need
** These are ones that have 1 or more but needs one more

Current Positions Filled:
Positions Filled: ShowHide

• game_guy - Advanced Eventer

• shdwlink1993 - Advanced Scripter/Medium Eventer

• Winkio - Writer

• Legacyblade - Writer

Examples of Spriting Quality:
Graphics: ShowHide

Adding more maybe later

Screenshots in Game:
Screenshots: ShowHide

Logo:
Logo: ShowHide

Look at it with Chaos' Dark themed skin

So far I have around 49 maps done, working on the CMS, have some database work done, and have the characters done(I just need background stories for them)

The reason why I don't have storylines or plotlines for anything is because I suck at writing and all the ideas I have suck for it.

If you are interested in helping with this game, my MSN is landith@hotmail.com and PM if you don't have MSN or just post here. Whichever you prefer.

Calintz

Oh wow...
I love the forest/mountain map. The second cave map is too open for me though. I think the Title could use a new font...Love the design though...

I like it!!
Good luck!!

shdwlink1993

I'm not the most... reliable guy out there, but I'll sign up. Why not?

I'd like to think I'm a moderate/advanced scripter, a moderate eventer (Since there's no examples on the forum (yet), I'm working on an Evented Time System now. Overdone, but worth it), and I SUCK at anything and everything graphically related (Sprites, CG Art... not even mapping escapes my graphically-challenged nature.)

A related aside is that I'm not well-versed in Blizz-ABS yet, and therefore haven't gotten used to it (Blizz-ABS is just about as complex as the RTP, really, so there's a lot of stuff to look into), so don't expect a lot of scripts with that (Just in case Breakdown is using Blizz-ABS).
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Landith

@Calintz: Yeah, I just started playing around with photoshop yesterday and today so I still have to fix it...
The Cave gets messier as it goes, the entrance is kinda clean which that is in the entrance...

@shdwlink: Alright, there won't be much scripting involved I just might need a feature here and there and I won't ask for anything BABS related and yes this does use Blizz-ABS. Forgot to add that... I'll add you.

winkio

I don't know, I might be a "consultant" for writing, meaning that if you need any ideas or what an opinion on something, you can ask me.  i just don't have much time right now...

Landith

Alright, do you want to be added to the list?
There really won't be that much work for you just improving what I have planned and stuff like that.

winkio

yeah, don't add me to the list unless your really have to.  And sounds good.

Landith

Alright, I'll add you to the list but keep the position up for anyone else who is a good writer.

Aqua

Ouch... I wish I could join... >.<  Don't have enough time though =/

Hmmm... however, if you ever need a Blizz-ABS plug-in, I /might/ be able to help.  Depends on the week you catch me on.

Good luck with this :)

Landith

Alright, I'll ask you first if I need a BABS plug-in and if your busy I'll see if anyone else can do it.

tSwitch

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Landith

Wow... Looks exactly like it.
Well the original sprite is created by Sithjester, I just recolored and added flames for one part(I did credit him), so that must be the render he used.
Do you mind if I use that for the battler of him? I need a battler for the status menu.

legacyblade

I could help with the writing if you want. I'm an english major, who's starting a double major in philosophy, so I'd be at least somewhat useful.

Landith

Alright I'll add you to the list.
Thanks for helping guys :)
Hopefully this will speed up the process of it getting completed.

winkio

An english major.  Man, do I feel sorry for you. :(