Most epic MMO out there?!

Started by Blizzard, February 09, 2009, 08:11:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

February 09, 2009, 08:11:47 am Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 08:14:56 am by Blizzard
F*ck WoW. After you have seen this, you will say the same:

http://cabal.ogplanet.com/landing.asp

Heck, that game brings back the urge in me to play an MMO. No game I have seen so far has accomplished that. NO ONE.
Go check youtube for more videos. Epicness in its finest.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Hellfire Dragon

:uhm: that looks awesome :o I haven't played any mmo's lately though I might just give this one a try 8)

tSwitch

it's sure flashy, but I'd rather stay away from any MMO with a cash shop.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

winkio

February 09, 2009, 05:42:16 pm #3 Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 05:59:36 pm by winkio
Well, it does look good.  I think I'll give it a go, and report back how it compares to Guild Wars (an acceptable standard, IMO).

EDIT:  Comparison to Guild Wars from screenshots:

HUD is very similar
Graphics are worse, but still decent
6 possible fighting styles (classes), only 1 per character
Level 100+
PKing and honor system
Sadly, all the weapons look the similar for each class, same with armors

I'm downloading now, but the client is 837 MB...

tSwitch

you play GW adn you didn't tell me? :o

winkio

i used to.  i only have prophecies, but I have 3 level 20s that I completed the game with (Mo/R, Me/N, W/Mo).  Bascially, I got bored XD.

Anyways, Cabal seems pretty good.  The graphics are much lower, yes, but the gameplay is golden so far.  Fast paced and entertaining, I definitely love the mechanics.  Movement is slightly awkward, but still easy.  I approve so far, although I'm only level 5...

tSwitch

I have all the campaigns and EotN.
2 max levels and one on its way, though I haven't played for 3 weeks :x

winkio

yeah I just haven't bothered to get nightfal and factions XD

Anyways, update on this game:

Mechanics: 8/10  Pretty fun to battle, but movement is slow and cumbersome.
Graphics: 6/10  They start getting really messed up really fast, and they are inefficient at high resolutions
Story:  3/10  Not really much in the way of story and quests.  Kind of empty
Overall: 6/10  Has some potential, but nowhere near playable as it stands in my opinion.

G_G

This game is kind of wait no almost exactly like acclaims game 2moons. http://www.2moons.acclaim.com

Blizzard

February 10, 2009, 03:34:44 am #9 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 03:35:48 am by Blizzard
That's too bad. :/ I did notice in the videos that the screen sometimes get overcrouded with simultanous graphics from skill uses. Also, from the videos I noticed that the gameplay seems pretty fast. Too bad it's not fast-paced. xD It has pretty much the same flaws as MuOnline did when I played it back then. Graphics were ok, nothing special. Mechanics were good, but a bit too slow-paced. And the story sucked major ass. In fact there wasn't really a story. There was just this bad guy who did something or was about to do something and that was pretty much it.

I haven't played Guild Wars, but I heard many good things. One of the most appealing was that you rarely encounter an idiot in that game. xD

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Blizzard

February 10, 2009, 07:50:30 am #10 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 07:51:42 am by Blizzard
This is NOT a debate about which MMO is the best.

1. Read the topic title, it CLEARLY states most epic.

2. It's about the MMO I posted, not about other MMOs.

3. One more shitpost by anybody about why ANOTHER MMO is better or worse than YET ANOTHER MMO or how good/bad ANOTHER MMO is and I will lock this topic. Comparison of other MMOs with the MMO I posted is the point of this topic.

Blizzard

I personally think that WoW overuses elves, wizards, undeads, etc. That's stuff from the 20's of the last century. :/ It's old, really old, almost a century old and hence not as interesting as something new, original and maybe futuristic. That's what attracted me in Cabal. It seemed to be offering a new medi-eval-epic-futuristic style. Knights are out, Force Bladers are in. :) I think that the setting of an MMO affects a lot what kind of people it attracts and how much fun they will have. WoW is definitely not a bad MMO, but it doesn't have by far what it takes to be something like the best MMO.

Sally

i don think this is the best mmo,

and actually blizzard, most rating sites rate wow the top.

Blizzard

Did you know that 90% of the consumers are idiots? Seriously. Today it's not good games that sell well, but purely commercial games. And WoW is a game like that. Commercial games are games that give the majority what they want which is first hand nice graphics and second hand a vast amount of bullshit like half a million of weapons.

fugibo

Actually, this game reminds me a lot of WoW with pumped up graphics. But that's just me.

Is this more of an ABS-style game (or better yet, one with turn-based, which would make its makers some of the greatest designers ever?)

Blizzard

Lol, that kinda means that it's like WoW just with better graphics. xD

Sally

wow has poor graphics so the players with a worse computer can play, match the wow tech specs with this one. the only thing u will find bigger is the hard drive space.

Blizzard

Graphics have not too much to do with PC performance. Compare Oblivion and Crysis. If the people in Crytek (sp?) knew how to use a bumpmap on textures properly, their game would look nicer and it wouldn't require a monster graphics card just to be playable at crappy 30 FPS.

Sally

im not saying ONLY graphics, im saying overall.. just check it plz.

Blizzard

February 10, 2009, 06:47:07 pm #19 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 06:48:21 pm by Blizzard
What else is there? RAM is mostly affected by the size of the "world" around you, CPU is needed for processing the functionality and the GPU takes care of graphical rendering. Take away WoW's graphics and you should be able to run the game on Pentium 3 with 256MB RAM even with WinXP installed. Graphics ARE what a good PC is needed for. I could run my laptop on 600MHz (maybe even less) if I never played games.