WoW - good or bad? (split from "Most epic MMO out there?!")

Started by Sally, February 09, 2009, 04:02:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sally

the gameplay is terrable appeared to wow, and i must say mmos with a cash shop just says that they cant afford there own server, im sticking with wow.

by Blizzard: This topic was split. Discuss WoW here.

tSwitch

February 09, 2009, 05:10:10 pm #1 Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 05:11:20 pm by NAMKCOR
Quote from: Susys on February 09, 2009, 04:02:15 pm
the gameplay is terrable appeared to wow, and i must say mmos with a cash shop just says that they cant afford there own server, im sticking with wow.

WoW is terrible.
and it's a free to play MMO, hence the cash shop.
WoW wouldn't have a server if it weren't for the monthly fees.

Also WoW's game play is just the same.  POINT CLICK WAIT CLICK CLICK WAIT NUMBER KEY POINT CLICK

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Sally

February 10, 2009, 06:37:49 am #2 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 06:43:28 am by Susys
Quote from: NAMKCOR on February 09, 2009, 05:10:10 pm

WoW is terrible.

Also WoW's game play is just the same.  POINT CLICK WAIT CLICK CLICK WAIT NUMBER KEY POINT CLICK

1: wow is not terrible
2: theres some free to play games without cash shops
3: wow could be free, PS, and if wow were free they will still have a server, its called dontions, and there other games blizzard makes.
4: there not the same at all, the hud is completely different, the style of gameplay is similat but lacking most of what wow has, were do you point? wait lemme quess you click to move?.  theres a serten feel about wow that makes it better.  point? click? what do you click? why do u click so much? and then u wait? and u hit a number key? do you even know how to play WoW?? have u ever got pased level 10? seriously stop. stop.
and 5: your bad.

gtfo, and learn the game.
i will post a screenshot of my own after the servers are back up.(tuesday weekly maitence)

Fallen Angel X

Quote from: Susys on February 10, 2009, 06:37:49 am
Quote from: NAMKCOR on February 09, 2009, 05:10:10 pm

WoW is terrible.

3: wow could be free, PS, and if wow were free they will still have a server, its called dontions, and there other games blizzard makes.
4: there not the same at all, the hud is completely different, the style of gameplay is similat but lacking most of what wow has, were do you point? wait lemme quess you click to move?.  theres a serten feel about wow that makes it better.  point? click? what do you click? why do u click so much? and then u wait? and u hit a number key? do you even know how to play WoW?? have u ever got pased level 10? seriously stop. stop.
and 5: your bad.

i will post a screenshot of my own after the servers are back up.(tuesday weekly maitence)

1. That's strictly opinion based. No particular game sucks, so I agree with you in that respect. However I can say I'm not a big fan of WoW.

2. Let's just drop this stupid arguement. A cash shop doesn't determine how amazing or how terrible a game is. I'd have to say it only factors in a little.

3. WoW could be free. Blizzard Entertainment could definitely afford it. But donations would say the same thing as a cash shop. There's no point in argueing a stupid point like that. But blizzard entertainment wouldn't need something of that sort, would they?

4. I'd assume you're trying to say WoW is unique when it's just another MMO. But once again, this is all opinion based.

Hey blizz, this is turning into a debate  :<_<:

Sally

[quopte]would they?[/quote]
no.

fugibo

Here's what would make a fun MMO, in my opinion (note that I play WoW, mainly because it doesn't bore me so much and I need entertainment, hence I play it):

• KHII-style ABS

• Quests that surprise you

• No Grinding, nothing but PvP and Quests

• A really interesting, fresh world with lots of randomosity

• FAST-PACED

I would LOVE that game. A game that's actually fun, but with a lot of people at the same time. That would be way better than modern offerings, in my opinion.

Sally

Quote from: WcW on February 10, 2009, 04:31:23 pm
Here's what would make a fun MMO, in my opinion (note that I play WoW, mainly because it doesn't bore me so much and I need entertainment, hence I play it):

• KHII-style ABS

• FAST-PACED

I would LOVE that game. A game that's actually fun, but with a lot of people at the same time. That would be way better than modern offerings, in my opinion.

==

WoW

i duno what a KHII-style ABS is tho...

tSwitch

February 10, 2009, 05:28:02 pm #7 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 05:31:12 pm by NAMKCOR

yes it is.

free-to-play korean MMORPG, as a rule, have cash shops.  find me one that doesn't.

except it's not, so this doesn't even matter.

I played WoW to level 70 on a Blizzlike private server.
used WASD to move.
point at enemy click, press 1, wait wait, press 1, press 2, wait, point click another enemy, press 1 wait

number keys == hotkeys. dumbass.

5: your bad.

my bad what?

don't make unbased assumptions.  I played WoW, it was terrible, I quit.

Quote from: Susys on February 10, 2009, 04:50:28 pm
Quote from: WcW on February 10, 2009, 04:31:23 pm

• KHII-style ABS

• FAST-PACED

==

WoW

i duno what a KHII-style ABS is tho...

I almost died laughing.

WoW is this generation's poopsock grinding game.
you grind for levels
you grind for gear
even PvP turns into grinding after a while

fast paced != point and click MMO

KHII ABS == Kingdom Hearts 2's Action Battle System.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Sally

1: yes it is

2: endless online.

3: yes, blizzard entertainment can afford there server without cashshops.

4: main keywords "private server" u dont get to interact with the real players.

5: yourr bad.

6: you didnt play wow, you played a private server.

7:
QuoteWoW is this generation's poopsock grinding game.
you grind for levels
you grind for gear
even PvP turns into grinding after a while

you never grind in wow, at least the peopel who play on real servers dont, on private servers quests r glitched so you have to.
you dont grind for gear... are u an idiot? you do quests for gear, intances,
pvp? grinding? wha? plz... learn to play the game...
and im sorry buddy but wow is more fast pased then most mmorpgs in the world.

(had to bold becouse i knew you will leave that out.)

ss of me playing
Spoiler: ShowHide

fugibo

That doesn't change the fact that it's slow. A turtle is fast compared to a snail. Doesn't mean it's fast. And if NAMK is looking for fast, it's obviously not a viable option.

Sally

wow i s a very fast game if your at least good at mmos and rpgs...

Landith

I personally hate MMORPG's period.
But that's just my taste because when I start playing them it's like a drug, I get addicted fast and I can't quit. Seriously I used to waste 5-6 hours a day and 12-14 hours a day during the summer playing WoW. I wasn't even high level either, I used to go to Instances none stop and grind a lot but i still was only level 27.
It's not that I wasn't good I just never cared for it and it was soo slow.

WoW hardly has anything on the list WcW mentioned.

• Yea it has an ABS but it's no were near as good as KHII

• All the quests are basically the same, go get these items or kill this guy, they need more variety, once again, not like in WoW

• The whole thing is just one big place to grind, the only place you can't grind are in the cities, so this one is missing from WoW

• Well that is one good thing about WoW, it puts you in the game. Good Graphics, overall quality, beautiful nature, so that is a feature in WoW

• WoW is not fast paced at all. For one it takes 1-3 Hours to get through an instance, two, it takes a long time to level up once you hit 40, three no combos unless your a rogue. So not a feature in WoW. The only thing fast paced about it would maybe be it's Fighting and that's still slow unless your a rogue or a warrior, you would have to aggro a lot for the ABS to even be fast paced.

That leaves 1 out of the 5 items in the list WcW wrote.

I'm not saying WoW is bad or anything because if I rated WoW I would give it a 7.5 Overall.
I'm just saying that WoW is addicting and pointing out reasons why WcW might not like it.

Sorry, if this post was negative to anyone in any way, I was not trying to be negative. Just pointing out some stuff in WoW that would make it bad for WcW.

fugibo

No, it's not. Not when there are games like Nexuiz, Call of Duty, KH, FFXII (sorry, I'm not as big of a gamer anymore) that go waaaaaaaaaay faster, and dont' take hours upon hours just for the most basic of achievements.

Landith

Yeah those games are good, it takes like 30 mins most on Call of Duty 4 to reach rank 10 when it would take 1-3 hours in WoW to reach level 10. WoW is not fast at all.

Sally

QuoteAll the quests are basically the same, go get these items or kill this guy, they need more variety, once again, not like in WoW

ovisly you never got passed level 40.[/quote]

QuoteWoW is not fast paced at all. For one it takes 1-3 Hours to get through an instance, two, it takes a long time to level up once you hit 40, three no combos unless your a rogue. So not a feature in WoW. The only thing fast paced about it would maybe be it's Fighting and that's still slow unless your a rogue or a warrior, you would have to aggro a lot for the ABS to even be fast paced.

it does not take 1-3hours for an instance. only raids with are for the people who like long time things, pvp is for people who like fast pace. lower level isntances take 30mins.

it takes me one hour to get to level 10...

also theres 50levels in cod and theres 80levels in wow... and in cod you can go back to level 1...

Blizzard

MuOnline was a nice MMO as well, but I grew so sick of it that I hate it today. One could say that I was addicted to it as I played daily usually for 12 hours. At least when I stopped, that allowed me to actually see why I grew so tired of the game. I only got "addicted" to it because it was my first game.
From what I have seen of WoW, it's not fast paced at all. MuOnline wasn't fast-paced, but it was faster than WoW. When you get over level 70, though, you can be happy if you get 1 level per day. It becomes horribly repetetive and annoying. You need to walk around for hours to get a few miserable EXP. And if you die, you lose 5%-10% of your EXP needed to level up which means another hour of playing just because you didn't see that stupid monster attacking you from the back and you didn't have a potion to heal yourself. "WoW is so sloooooooooooooooooooooow." I hear that all the time from people who played it for years.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sally

And if you die, you lose 5%-10% of your EXP needed to level up

NO NO NO you do not loes exp when u die in wow no no no... and i got 1-2 levels each day for playing 3-4 hours a day

i now have 3 80s and 2 70s 1 75 i could get them all to lvl 80 in a week if i played 3-5 hours a week.

Landith

Yes Susys, I didn't pass level 40 but I've played my uncles account which had a level 44 and it was a little faster and funner but after 30 minutes it got old fast. It was fun to go around as a hunter and let your pet kill everything and stuff but other than that it was boring... The only really nice thing about WoW is it's graphics. Besides that it's boring.

Yes it does take 1-3 hours when you do an instance with 4 people. I've done it with both a level 30 character and a level 65 character(my uncle's character) and they both took 1-3 hours on different Instances. That was also with a tank,healer, hunter, and another warrior.

The delay between attacks should be shortened down a little and make it realistic with a stamina bar or something.

WoW is a good game and I'm not saying it isn't. I just personally don't like it for those reasons.

Sally

well what instance was that? and if so then the people(or you) suck how many times did you wipe?

Blizzard

Quote from: Susys on February 10, 2009, 06:27:53 pm
And if you die, you lose 5%-10% of your EXP needed to level up

NO NO NO you do not loes exp when u die in wow no no no... and i got 1-2 levels each day for playing 3-4 hours a day

Wow, calm down. I was talking about MuOnline. You should learn to read posts properly.

Quote from: Susys on February 10, 2009, 06:27:53 pm
i now have 3 80s and 2 70s 1 75 i could get them all to lvl 80 in a week if i played 3-5 hours a week.

[massive sarcasm]Oh, ok. If you can get to level 80 that fast, then everybody I know IRL who played WoW is either a complete idiot because it took him weeks to get just one character to level 80 or w/e and they actually played the game for years and have only a handful of characters at level 80. Sure. You are totally right. Perfectly right. It all makes sense. All the people I know are idiots.[/massive sarcasm]
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.