Black Core Testers Needed

Started by Memor-X, February 12, 2009, 11:43:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Memor-X

i'm looking for some testers for my game, currently i have one but Div's been on my back saying that the testing should be done by now but i keep telling her people aren't like us, they do thigns other than program 7 days a week

-What will you be doing-
you will be playing the game, looking out for any bugs in it that i may have missed and also providing feedback on weather the game is too easy, too hard or just right

-What else-
this part is optional, while i was testing the game, i was going though taking screenshots, after a point, i forgot to take any more, while you play, if you can take screenshots for me, i would be very greatful, you don't need to cut out the window or the desktop or anything, i'll do that for you, just that if you do do this, i would perfer a minimun of 5, plus you'll need to have....

• 1 Screenshot of in game playing

• 1 Screenshot of in battle playing

• 1 Screenshot of story events (the time where there are lots of dialog and you can't control the player's movement

like i said, you don't have to do this, all screenshots will be posted up on the MHO Ultra Mega Image gallery

-Will the game be compiled-
Black Core Demo and Black Core Final Demo will be, the full game of Black Core you can choose if you want it compiled or not, but if you choose to have a non-compiled version, you will miss out on one thing

-What's in it for you?-

• a Core Twinlight Worlds: Black Core userbar, you'll just get the code to post it, i'll host the image for you

• being the first to play Black Core Deno, Black Core Final Demo and Black Core before anyone else

• having the option to get a speciel profile for Pandora when Pandora 2.x is created, this profile will have 3 achivements that no one else can get that are awared to you for helping create the game

• getting your own custom theme for Pandora when it's created

-What's Pandora?-
it's a Multi-game Launcher inspired from the idea of Blizzards RMXP based Multi-Game Launcher, Pandora is created in C++ and what make it's different from Blizzard's MGL's is that it will show screenshots of the currently selected game, a discription of the game, play it's theme and also know if the game has been installed and run it from it's location (can be anywhere as long as the path is unchanged from when you installed it) and also chnage the style of the program. Version 1.x is just the launcher while 2.x will allow you to have profiles that save what theme you have set, the last game you had set and also store achivements that you have gotten in the game, just like an X-Box 360, but all games will be pre-programmed into the game (so you can run other games but the ones i've set up for it)

-What will you loose if you get an uncompiled version fo the full game-
the 3 achivements at you will get for testing the 2 demos and the full game are
Black Core D - 50 points
Black Core FD - 100 points
Black Core T - 150 => 250 points

if you get a compiled version, your profile will have 250 points for Black Core T, otherwise, you'll have 150 for Black Core T because if you get an uncompiled version, you can prodict where a boss is, where items are, you'll know where everything in the game is and as such, you'll know how strong the final boss is, but if you get a compiled version, you'll be running blind, anyway, if there is a bug, you won't need an uncompiled version of the game to pick it up, you'll spot it right off

-How to i want your Reports on the game?-
any format i can open, most easy to use is a word document with how you found the game and any bugs you found, where you found them and what you did to get that bug

-Is there any bugs that will stop you from getting though the game?-
no, as far as i know, if you do find something that's stopping you from continueing the game, contact me and i'll get it fixed and have an updated RGSS file (you know, the file that you get when you compile the game which has the graphics and data folders in it) and just overwrite the old file, it's better than downloading all the music again

-How do you submit the bug (and the screenshots if your taking some)-
place your report file(s), any screenshots and your furtherest save game in a .zip file (not .rar, since my uni can't open those and i'll open the file as soon as i get it) and either e-mail it to me or host it up on some site like rapidshare and PM or e-mail me the link

-how many spots will i have open for testers-
no limit untill i close the possition, if you miss out, don't worry, i'll re-open the possition when Black Core Final Demo is ready for testing and when the full game of Black Core is ready for testing

-How will you get the game?-
next thursday i will close the possition and you will recive a PM from me with the link to download the file

-Will you have time to test Chaos Project-
but ofcause, i'm testing it to after all, Black Core Demo took me 2 and 1/2 hours to get though when i went though it the first time, since i knew where to go, what level to be where, where all the items where and how the boss fights, that would be the quickest time (might be less acttuly because Black Core Demo is halfway though Chapter 1 and that took me about 5 hours to get though) so it's not that long that get though the game, at most 3 days of solid gaming (that's a 10+ hour day of gaming for me)

<<<Current List of Testers>>>

• Memor-X (MHO Admin)

• Div IX (MHO Admin)

• Fantasist (First Tester)

Other Links
Screenshots
Black Core Progress Page

don't worry if your name doesn't appear on the list strait away, i'm hardly on during the weekend and i have a better net connection at my uni to download Chaos Project and i don't go back till monday