Zombie Game(Untitled)

Started by Calintz, February 13, 2009, 05:35:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

February 13, 2009, 05:35:32 pm Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 11:44:57 pm by Calintz16438
If you want to be part of the team, then please follow these guidelines...

Team Members
Spoiler: ShowHide
Project Creator
  • Derek - Calintz16438

Storyline
  • Derek - Calintz16438 (Lead)

• Aqua - Aqua (Lead)

• Tyler - MetaKnight (Backup)

Mapping

• Cody - Landith (Lead)

Spriting

• Aqua - Aqua (Backup)

• Cody - Landith (Backup)

Eventing
  • Ronnie - Game_Guy (Lead)

• Sally - Susys (Backup)

Scripting
  • Cody - Landith (Lead)

Template
  • Real 1st Name - followed by your Chaos Project Screename.

• Main area(s) of expertise - followed by your desired position.

• How much time you have to devote to the project.

**Please do not put your application in a spoiler...
**Please post examples or your work in your area of expertise...
**Please post your IM Screename(s) for easy access to conversations and meetings...

IMPORTANT!!

The sooner I am able to crank out this project, the sooner I can get back to work on WITW,(Well in the Woods) therefore, I am expecting full cooperation from EVERY member who joins the team. I don't mind the team members bullshitting in the project's thread, so long as it's on topic...

I will have ZERO-TOLERANCE for degenerative remarks to members of the team, or of outsiders opinions. Each member of the team will respect the ideas of others, and NO ONE will be made fun of. This will result in your extermination as a partner of the project...

**The actual creation of this game may not even take place until I finish the DEMO for WITW(Well in the Woods)...

What Is Expected of Team Members!!

All I am really asking for from the team members are your opinions, criticism, and new ideas on EVERY step of the game's completion...

Unless you are:
  • Eventer

• Scripter

• Mapper

then you will not receive a copy of the project. You will have to wait for the completion of the DEMO before getting to see the game in action.

**Think about it...This isn't really that bad, as you will be able to enjoy the gameplay more than the actual team...

Landith

February 13, 2009, 05:45:40 pm #1 Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 05:47:25 pm by Landith
Application:

• Cody - Landith

• Mapping, Spriting, Scripting - Mapping

• Anywhere from 2-6 hours a days(Mon-Fri) and about 4-8 hours(Sat-Sun)

Calintz

Please post some screenshots of your mapping ability...

Landith

Oh right, I forgot to add those.

Map 1 - Cave: ShowHide

Map 2 - Mountain: ShowHide

Map 3 - Forest: ShowHide

Map 4 - Cutscene Map: ShowHide

Ignore the tree and the stump in the water, I have the water like that because I need a new Rounded Water Autotile and have to have it like that to not show the black line under it

Map 5 - Interior: ShowHide

Some of these are old maps and some have errors in them from when I first started mapping, ignore these errors I normally fix them after I make a group of maps.

Calintz

I don't wanna reject you, and I won't, but it's just not enough for me...

Are you willing to learn more about mapping to contribute?

Landith

Calintz

Okay!! Great!!

Your mapping IS NOT bad, but you don't place enough objects around the map itself to make me happy...give me like 5minutes and I will try to find some tutorials for you...

I am going to be VERY strict with the creation of this game, and all members of the team needs to know that.

If I don't like it, I will try to work something out. If we can't come to an agreement, I throw it out.

Tazero

I'm a good story line writer to some point i can basically help out with contributing ideas via pm

If you were a fish...

Calintz

Do you want to help construct the story then, Meta??

Tazero

What the hell why not xD i can remix old midis too

If you were a fish...

Calintz

Post some of your storyline work...

Tazero

Legend :
\N[1] = Name
\T
  • = gender

Late at night \N[1] heard a blood pulsing Scream, following the echo of which it came. Heart pumping, Blood boiling, Running. As \N[1] finally made to \T
  • house \T
  • was dead.... Looking frantically you see nothing but a trail of blood should you follow or are you going to stay with the dead \T

If you were a fish...

Calintz

February 13, 2009, 08:07:53 pm #12 Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 08:10:43 pm by Calintz16438
Okay, so you organized that post very weird, but I think I got the gist of it...

To be grammatically correct(which is an absolute must for any finished product) the proper way to have written your text would have been...

"following the echo (from whence it came)."

of is used for mostly present tense...
from will be used to relate to past tense...

**You really need to watch the proper usage/placement of your words...
**I will add you to the storyline department, but I will probably edit a lot your work, okay .. ??

Tazero

i can redo that i will type up 2 new ones
:^_^':

If you were a fish...

Starrodkirby86

Mmhmm, that's true, that's true. But he's a story constructor, not an English language major. There's a big difference there. ;D

You can suck at making stories but have a great English language potential...and vice versa. Just that the people who are good with creating stories usually have an excellent command of the English language.

By the way, no interest of joining sorry. =( I can support in any way, so ask a question to me and I'll try my best to answer it...Least I could do.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

G_G

Ronnie Game_guy
Advanced Eventer
2-6 Hours on Weekdays and Dont know how much on weekends its quite a bit though

msn gameguy27@live.com

Aqua

Eep!  Zombie Game... Sounds scary...
I don't think my lil' heart can take it without having nightmares! D:
Buuuut... I /am/ willing to help with some stuff... Depends on what you need.
Mmm...

Aqua - Aqua *whistle*

I can write stories (and I love having correct grammar :P), sprite icons, and event...
I'll send you a piece of a story in a PM if you wish.
The icons I make you should have seen in Dissipate; I can show you more if you want.
With eventing though... I might be freaked out if I have to test play the game o.o

1-3 hours on the weekend.  Maybe less, maybe more... Hmmm

Calintz

February 13, 2009, 08:19:43 pm #17 Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 08:21:32 pm by Calintz16438
I promised you Game_Guy, but could you post me an example of your work.
Maybe a screenshot through PM...??

@Starrodkirby:
I understand Starrodkirby, and I know!! Lol, that's why I am adding him, but I told him I will probably end up editing his stuff...Oh, don't you worry Starrodkirby, I will be asking all kinds of questions...

I will throw you into the Special Thanks section, because I have a feeling you will be answering a lot of questions...

@MetaKnight:
Okay buddy...

@Aqua:
All the examples you've got please =)

Tazero

February 13, 2009, 08:35:34 pm #18 Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 08:37:35 pm by Starrodkirby86
Ex 1 :
Minutes after midnight you awaken .... Startled by what you here next, the only things going through your head are thoughts of death, as if you were to be killed in seconds. You decide to take a walk suprised by what you see, A river of dead bodies some getting back, you have one hope of survival Survivors!

Ex 2 :
As your walking home death is in the air, slowly sobering you see a dead body thinking 'Must be the beers..' You awake the next morning only to hear moning at you bedroom door luckily you have a lock. You open the door to see a ....A....Zombie? you grab the closest potential weapon and slam his stomach to stall. Then you hit him in the head with the butt of your knife "Screw it," you shove the knife in the zombies head as he falls noisily...

EDIT: oops sorry! Real name Tyler - Meta

Storyline backup? Music

Ish double post. ~Love, Starrodkirby86

If you were a fish...

Calintz

@Metaknight:
Not bad Meta...but not exactly what I'm looking for. I will put you down as backup to Aqua. What is your real 1st name??

@Aqua:
Name please...

Sally

Sally - Susys
mapping, eventing - Eventer
3-5hours, weekdays   ;   5-7hours,weekends, unless busy

please contact me in msn: sallygirl411@hotmail.com

Calintz

Sally could you please post some examples of what you can do with events, or PM?
I looked through the event systems section, but I didn't find anything by you...:^_^':

Landith

Cal, that's my mapping style, I can make cluttered maps if you want cluttered. Those are just examples of my game, besides the Forest map, I threw that one up in about 5 minutes for an example of a forest map I can map.

Calintz

Alrighty, could you show me a clustered map real quick??
- only has to be 20x15 and that is good enough for me XD

Landith

Any preference? Like Mountain, Forest, etc...

Calintz

Which map do you feel most comfortable with??

Landith

February 13, 2009, 09:00:53 pm #26 Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 09:18:03 pm by Landith
Forest or Mountain :)
Or Cave but that would take longer, as it takes time to get the random shape just right.

Example:
Forest Semi-Clutter Map: ShowHide

This was made in about 10 minuites, with a different water autotile so ignore the water.

Calintz

No I will not!!
It's beautiful...You can have the position.

I was actually going to wait for your response, and then tell you to use any other tileset, Lmao.
I am planning to make several original tilesets for this game though, so I hope you will be able to catch on to them very quickly, and adapt to use them well...

Landith

Yeah I could do that. When you make a new one you can just send it to me and I'll start playing around with it in a new project to get the hang of it and make different maps before I make a map for your game.

Calintz

That sounds great...

I have placed you into the mapping section. You have as much responsibility as I do in the mapping department Landith, okay?

Landith

Calintz

I probably won't be making anything for this game until I am finished with the Well in the Woods DEMO though...

Landith

Good :)
That way Well in the Woods Demo will be out sooner, well it just won't be delayed when your working on this game.

Calintz

Quote from: Landith on February 13, 2009, 10:52:12 pm
Good :)
That way Well in the Woods Demo will be out sooner, well it just won't be delayed when your working on this game.

When "we" are working on this game Landith, when "WE!!" :D

Landith

On yeah!  :^_^':

We should probably decide on a name tomorrow when everyone signs up.

G_G

Calintz

February 14, 2009, 12:25:53 am #36 Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 12:28:06 am by Calintz16438
Yes sir Game_Guy...
I am sending you a PM in 2.5 secs, because I have to talk to you real quick...

Better yet...Ima log on to MSN...

We will decide on the name when the entire team is together...no sooner...I want EVERY TEAM MEMBER to have the opportunity to place an idea or two in...

Tazero

E-mail morethenithought@yahoo.com Ummmm i have yahoo and can chat from inbox!

If you were a fish...

Calintz

February 14, 2009, 05:34:32 pm #38 Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 05:38:01 pm by Calintz16438
Okay...this is good =)
We have formed a team. It may be a small team, but I think it consists of very capable members...

I have faith in all of you. We can do this project, and we can do it by ourselves. I want to keep controversy at a limit, which is why the team's positions are now entirely filled...

**We could really use a scripter though. Extensive RGSS knowledge is NOT required. If you are a scripter and you are interested in joining, sign up.
**We are going to move all discussion over to the main project's thread now.
unless it relates specifically to your status as a team member...

Landith

I could help with minor scripting if we are allowed to have more than one job.
I'm not that great with RGSS though.

winkio

If you ever need small add-ons for Blizz-ABS, you can ask me.  Other than that, I'll be too busy with other stuff.

Calintz

February 14, 2009, 11:43:39 pm #41 Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 11:46:13 pm by Calintz16438
Okay Landith and Winkio.
I will put you into that position also Landith.
Provide as much help as you can, that's all I ask. :)

@Winkio:
If we need some small help, I will ask. I will place you into the special thanks sections if you work with us.

winkio

I figure that I owe you something for helping sprite for Dissipate. ;)

Calintz

Ah, you don't owe me anything, Lol.. .. ..

Valcos

Can i call dibs on play testing?  :roll:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

G_G

Quote from: Game_guy from ShoutBox answering valcos question in shoutbox of did someone say weeaboo?and his new question
Can i call dibs on play testing?
and my answer from teh shoutbox
no

And I am just kiding with you dunno if u can beta test it. But I do mean no when u ask did someone say weeaboo

Calintz

There will probably be more than one tester, but I don't see why you couldn't be one of them.

Valcos

Woo... Just calling dibs now.  :^_^':
-Oscar De La Hoya

Calintz

Tazero

I was just wondering am I the music? and back up i can make window skins and titles or at the least a base image ;)

If you were a fish...

Calintz

Landith

I think we should call a vote on the name :)

Chaze007

William-Chaze007
Positions-Spriting,Mapping,Story-Though Zombie sprites..I never attempted, but soldiers or tux men, or jsut people could be easy enough, always try something new..
as for the maps and story parts, I'll get to tht in a little bit
IM-Chaze007@live.com
I can help all around, HOPEFULLY you see me usefull enough.
As for time...I'd say 1-4 hours.

Real 1st Name - followed by your Chaos Project Screename.
Main area(s) of expertise - followed by your desired position.
How much time you have to devote to the project.
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Calintz

Quote from: Chaze007 on February 18, 2009, 09:27:43 pm
William-Chaze007
Positions-Spriting,Mapping,Story-Though Zombie sprites..I never attempted, but soldiers or tux men, or jsut people could be easy enough, always try something new..
as for the maps and story parts, I'll get to tht in a little bit
IM-Chaze007@live.com
I can help all around, HOPEFULLY you see me useful enough.
As for time...I'd say 1-4 hours.

Real 1st Name - followed by your Chaos Project Screename.
Main area(s) of expertise - followed by your desired position.
How much time you have to devote to the project.

I appreciate the offer, but the team is full unless you can script. I apologize, but you were a little late for this. Besides, didn't you promise NAMKOR you would devote all your time to his project!?

Chaze007

yeah, I guess I'm gettin carried away, >_> I did promise and I will, kthxbai.

tSwitch

Quote from: Calintz16438 on February 18, 2009, 10:10:26 pm
I appreciate the offer, but the team is full unless you can script. I apologize, but you were a little late for this. Besides, didn't you promise NAMKOR you would devote all your time to his project!?

I haven't even given him a go-ahead yet.
I'm still waiting to see if I get any other offers.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Calintz

With all do respect to Chaze007, that doesn't change that all positions are filled besides the scripting part.

G_G

So calz when are we going to start this? Or have you started and not needed any event systems yet?

Landith

I think he is waiting until he finishes his new DEMO for WITW before he starts this project.

Chaze007

I dun want a position anymore, mabye you misread it O.o

Calintz

@Game_Guy:
Landith is correct. I haven't started this, and I won't start this until I release the DEMO =D.

@Chaze007:
I was responding to NAMKOR, maybe you read it wrong :P =)

Chaze007

QuoteWith all do respect to Chaze007, that doesn't change that all positions are filled besides the scripting part.

i was referring to thaatt

Aqua

That meant that despite you having those skills, Calintz wasn't looking for a spriter, mapper, story writer anymore; he was looking for a scripter.

Calintz

Thank you Aqua...

I wasn't suggesting that you were still inquiring about a position. I was talking to NAMKOR about why I didn't need you.

And it isn't that I don't want you, if you read backwards I explained that I want to keep the team kinda small to avoid unnecessary controversial issues, and increase efficiency.

Tazero

If you were a fish...

Calintz

Like I had previously suggested...
I like "Alone in the Dark," or "Alone After Dark."

Feel free to throw any names you come up with right on in here. In about a week, or when this topic gets filled with names, we shall hold our vote!!

Tazero

Left in Hell
Armies of the Night [Directors cut]
Knights of the night xD

If you were a fish...

Calintz

February 21, 2009, 05:51:46 pm #67 Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 05:54:54 pm by Calintz16438
Maybe "Alone in the Dark," or "Alone After Dark," could be our team name. We also need to create a team and company name.

Team Terror presents...
An Alone in the Dark Production

Team Horror presents...
An Alone After Dark Production

**1st thing is 1st. We need to make sure that everything is in proper flow, so I want to decide on a team name 1st. Then, we decide on a company name, and finally, we create the game's title name and screen...I will PM every member of the team momentarily, and let them know what process to follow.

Tazero

Well i'm Time stop gamez so Team crusafix presents an alone after dark production in cooperation with Tsg

If you were a fish...

Calintz

We won't be merging companies, and there will be no "in association withs, either."

You are a member of the new company now. You will not be credited for your own game and company while being a member of our team...I will place the names of any other companies in the credits, but there will be ABSOLUTELY NO "in associations withs."

I'm sorry but it does not work this way.

Landith

Okay, I sent in my horrible Ideas...
They didn't really flow together either...

Calintz

They weren't terrible, but they aren't what I am looking for.

**I am going to choose one name from each category for each member's suggestions, and after I get the final decisions from everyone, I am going to hold a poll for the final decisions...

Sally

calintz you have my msn right?

Calintz

No...I don't think I do Susys

Tazero

I was drafted omg!

Any wayz ok

If you were a fish...

Calintz

I would like anything related to the game itself posted in "it's" thread, please.
I am talking about stuff like the storyline and icons and what not...

We need to really get planning this. I would like to have something to work with when I am ready to build it.

Tazero

Are you gonna use the Zombie sprites your making for me?
I wouldn't mind that

If you were a fish...

Calintz

Probably not.. .. ..
I will make separate graphics for each game.

Valcos

Wasnt there a game called "Alone in the dark"?
-Oscar De La Hoya

Tazero

I guess one of the names i came up with was a movie about a tooth fairy lolzzz

If you were a fish...

Calintz

I don't know Valcos, but even so.. .. ..we could use that at our company name to.

Alone After Dark Productions...etc

computerwizoo7

is there a place for a graphics designer?

Mario - computerwizoo7
Graphic Design - Lead Designer or whatever you have open.
well i can devote any amount of time necessary to complete whatever task you give me.

is this good?

G_G

well in case you havent noticed and I'm sure you havent Calintz left. He drops by every now and then but he's not working on Well in the Woods much if any so I'm sure this topics pretty much dead :/

Calintz

computerwizoo7

Landith

Dang... I was actually wanting to work with Cal on something, he seems like a great guy to work with.

But anyways, we hope you get back into RPG Making Cal! We <33 you!
:shy:

Calintz

I am actually trying to work it into my daily schedule Landith.
We'll see what happens.

I think I will keep the workshop open here, and run commissions on other sites :P.