can someone help me?

Started by dark-archangel, January 20, 2008, 10:29:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dark-archangel

I need a little help....
can someone to make a tutorial about tilesets...I mean about pasages,priorities and how can I fix the walking on the top of the trees?

Memor-X

i can help you abit, but not too much

Priorities: as far as i've gathered, they determin the priority of tiles overlappting eachother and the player, 5 means they will overlap everything and float on the very top, like pipes in the celling wile 0 means that everyting is ontop of it, also the positions of the tiles in the layers matter aswell, if you have a tile on the 2nd player with a piroity of 5 while you have a tile on the top layer with a piroity of 0, the 5 will show up on top, i get that when i stick fences behind a house under the roof

Passages: i'm not sure what you mean by this but i saw your talking about here you have 4 arrows and you can chnage then to dots, this shows the direction the events an player are blocked at on that tile, if you have a tile with north as a square while the others are arrows, it means on that tile you can't leave it by going north or enter it by going south, it's like the passibility with the X, O and [] but more control on where their blocked, you would mostly use this all the time for cliffs where you can walk to the edge of one, go around and to the other side of it giving the impression that you've gotten high up or went down

fixing up walking on trees, well if you look on the defult RTP Tilesets in the database you can see just how they set up a tree perfectly, follow that example and you should be fine

that's all the help i can give

dark-archangel

I mean the simple passage,not the 4 dir passage

Starrodkirby86

If you don't want to walk on top of trees, but still want to go through them, set the tree's back to circles. Then go to Priority, and set it to something like *5.

---

Of course, Memor-X made an excellent explanation, the only thing I can add is that for a simple Passage, an O means passable and an X means it is a wall. Even though O is passable, the tile can still go over the player, this is through priorities. Also, there is a [] (Square) pass choice, but only for the autotiles. These are wall ceilings. The black things with the border basically.

For priority, consider the layer system, where you can put more than one thing. Usually, the highest layer wins right? Well, if their priorities are different, the one with the higher priority will be over the weaker one. But if they're the same, then layers will do their job. That's my two-cents, which is probably unhelpful.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

What I usually do: I use one tile with no graphic as wall on the third layer. That way I can easily and bugfree shape where the player can walk and where he can't.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

dark-archangel

bliz : can repeat,I mean I don;t understood what you wanna tell

Blizzard

It's a little bit hard to explain. I use two tiles. One is impassable while the other is passable. The tiles have no graphic whatsoever, if I add them on the map, nothing can be seen. I use those two dummy tiles to set up the passability correctly in my maps. Like, I fill out all empty space that the player CAN walk on with the passable tile while I fill out the space he CAN'T walk on with the impassable one.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

dark-archangel

Starrodkirby86

What he means is that on the tileset, he'll have a blank tile that has a passage of X. He then puts this blank tile that has the passage of X whatever place he deems impassable for the player. So he doesn't really need to care about the whole tileset kaboodle in the Database.

Here's an example:

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

dark-archangel

I understand,but in this was,sometimes is hard :P

Calintz

dark-archangel