not sure if the goes here...: visual basic game

Started by scoace13, February 15, 2009, 09:15:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scoace13

k so Im wirting one of several games i am doing for my long awaited seinor project in visual basic Ill need for the project to happen successfully to have 2 of the following positions.

form designers: youll be creating the forms(windows) that are used in the game

audio/video programmers: youll be adding sound and picture/video cutscenes in the game

controls programmers: youll be writing the code that handels the input from the user

ai programmers: youll be writing the code that works handels the enemy/allie/computers intelegence level.

for all above positions i need to see a minor sample of programing work done in visual basic ai programmers also need to submit a second program demenstrateing the skills in ai programing. all who ask will be accepted i just need to know where you are in vb.

to submit programing work you can:
a) post the code here
b) post a link to the download here
c) email it  to me at wii_the_people2@hotmail.com

thx for you time.

scoace13
scoace13, Eventman extrodnaire...so anybody seen any good movies recently <br />...whys is this here..........random fate...same reason im here...

Diokatsu

Quote from: scoace13 on February 15, 2009, 09:15:19 am
k so Im wirting one of several games i am doing for my long awaited seinor project in visual basic Ill need for the project to happen successfully to have 2 of the following positions.

Don't you normally write senior projects by yourself?

scoace13

true but I was told as long as it was evident that "I" put in 15 hours of work...and singe man development is hard...
scoace13, Eventman extrodnaire...so anybody seen any good movies recently <br />...whys is this here..........random fate...same reason im here...

tSwitch

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

scoace13

...by the way i could use some interviews as research information on game development if any ons intrested in helping that way......

fugibo

...why are you making an entire project in Basic? Are you forced to 0_o?

tSwitch

Quote from: WcW on February 20, 2009, 08:10:57 am
...why are you making an entire project in Basic? Are you forced to 0_o?

that's likely what the class is about.

Quote from: scoace13 on February 19, 2009, 08:08:50 am
...by the way i could use some interviews as research information on game development if any ons intrested in helping that way......

it's schoolwork, just do it yourself like you're meant to.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

scoace13

February 20, 2009, 12:59:38 pm #7 Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 01:01:27 pm by scoace13
actually theres a reseasrch paper that i need to write on game development so i could use the interveiw for information...and yes writing an entire game in vb is part of my project...but im not doing somting masive scale more medium like i only need 15 hours of work to show for so its not going to be bigger that it has to. im having other ppl involved in the project so that i can complete it. other than that and  research info im set on my own...

and projraming in VB isnt that hard to me cause ive been doing it for a few years now...it was the first laungage i learned so...

fugibo

I'm not saying it's hard.

I'm saying that C++/C# are much better fitted to the task :/

King Munkey

for my c++ class we are doing console based applications. And we are making the game Lemonade Stand as console based. And after each chapter we have to take what we did that chapter and add to the game. Then he has a bigger idea of a game to do for the final project but he won't tell us yet. I know last semester in vb he had us do tic-tac-toe. Kinda off topic but yea.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

scoace13