Your thoughts of Government

Started by Tazero, February 16, 2009, 08:09:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazero

I hate the government they're killing our economy..... Sorry if this offends anyone!

If you were a fish...

winkio

Who killed the economy?  The government single-handedly, against the best effort of large multinational corporations?  I don't think so.  They were a contributor, but they weren't the only one.  Once you mature, you will realize how much government does for you.  Like give you education, comfort, security, and transportation, among others.

fugibo

The government of the USA is the biggest bunch of moronic hypocrites I've ever seen. Here are just three of my problems, the list is never-ending (note, however, that I fully understand how huge the job is, but that doesn't mean we can't have people with some intelligence running the country):

FDIC: Okay, so we know the banks are gonna crash, but the people won't use them if they know that, and if they don't use them the economy won't be good, so what do we do? OMG I GOT IT!!!! LET'S JUST USE UP ALL OF OUR MONEY THAT WE DON'T HAVE INSURING IDIOTS THAT SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO BORROW FROM A BANK THAT WE SHOULD BE PREVENTING FROM CRASHING IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!! AHA, THAT'S IT!!!!!

School: No Child Left Behind. School doesn't do any good if we can't learn while we're there.

Congress: Does anyone get the impression that we're electing other people, and a very small group of them, who have a very slim chance of sharing our opinion at all?

tSwitch

February 17, 2009, 09:15:26 am #3 Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 12:15:46 pm by NAMKCOR
Quote from: MetaKnight on February 16, 2009, 08:09:22 pm
I hate the government they're killing our economy..... Sorry if this offends anyone!

explain.

Quote from: WcW on February 17, 2009, 07:49:33 am
[text]

I'm not much a fan either, but the government has always been run by big business and lawsuits.

edit: also, this sounds like it will become a debate.
so moving.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Diokatsu

The government...I neither hate nor support it. The government ruined the economy? No, the economy ruined itself. The government ruined it only in negligence and I can't even say that the economy doesn't deserve this. i will say that the government should as whole stay out of the economy's affairs. That's my personal belief, but let's not get into that. You say they destroyed it, but where is your proof? As far as I can see, the businesses themselves destroyed themselves. That's the honest truth. Still, the economy must learn from its mistakes and rebuild itself. The only thing the government has done so far to destroy the economy is the stimulus package. Utter crap. The economy isn't going to heal if you let the same old asses try and rebuild it. We need new and innovative minds to rebuild America and that will only happen when the government let's the economy wallow in its own poor decisions. We as a people might have to suffer a bit, but let's look towards the future as some form of inspiration. At least we'll know what not to do and have people willing to do what needs to be done to prevent straying down this road again.

winkio

I think that the government should REGULATE the economy.  That is, keep it from taking huge upswings and downswings, and make sure that it is legitimate.  Stop the businesses from destroying themselves.  However, INTERFERENCE with the economy is a whole other topic. 

@Dio: letting the economy wallow means creating a huge depression.  Unemployment and crime would skyrocket.  DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT WOULD DO TO PEOPLE, INCLUDING YOU?!?!?!  I mean, your family could suddenly be without income, or a substantially lower one.  Quality of life would fall apart.  I think it is in everyone's best interests to avoid that.  Instead of being passive and letting the world burn, we need to get some freaking guts, put out the fires, and rebuild! 
And the whole learning about the past.  The past five years have been pretty much a condensed version of the 20's.  All was well and good until it abruptly fell apart.  Do we learn?  No. 
I do agree the we need smarter and more able people in government though.

@WcW: Yes, the government makes stupid decisions.  It is only as good as the people we trust and elect to it.  Sadly today, we have a very narrow selection of candidates.

Diokatsu

Quote from: winkio on February 17, 2009, 08:13:44 pm
I think that the government should REGULATE the economy.  That is, keep it from taking huge upswings and downswings, and make sure that it is legitimate.  Stop the businesses from destroying themselves.  However, INTERFERENCE with the economy is a whole other topic. 

@Dio: letting the economy wallow means creating a huge depression.  Unemployment and crime would skyrocket.  DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT WOULD DO TO PEOPLE, INCLUDING YOU?!?!?!  I mean, your family could suddenly be without income, or a substantially lower one.  Quality of life would fall apart.  I think it is in everyone's best interests to avoid that.  Instead of being passive and letting the world burn, we need to get some freaking guts, put out the fires, and rebuild! 
And the whole learning about the past.  The past five years have been pretty much a condensed version of the 20's.  All was well and good until it abruptly fell apart.  Do we learn?  No. 
I do agree the we need smarter and more able people in government though.

*sigh* The world isn't some sort of fantasy story. We aren't going to burn and fall into chaos. That's not how the world works anymore. We won't fall into as big a depression as we will when this stimulus package fails. Besides, I do know what it would do to people like me. Don't think you know me well enough to determine how much I have to lose. and all the more if I were rich. It would cut the standard of living down and maybe, once we rebuild, we could figure out sort of nation we could have been. A nation that suffered greatly. Maybe we could use that to better the world. Nothing better than experience. And you're selfish, winkio. You don't matter at all, nor do I. Look at this damn thing in retrospect. I suffer, who cares. Money isn't my only joy and I'll far from let it cause me unhappiness. We on this earth should live for happiness, not pleasure, but happiness, satisfaction. If your only satisfaction lies in a high standard of living, I feel quite bad. Try and look at how little your suffering will effect the world. Look at all the third-world countries. Look at nations stricken with war and strife filling every inch of their government. At least we have unity, at least we have nationalism, and at least I have my friends. I'm pretty lucky right now. Life isn't fair, true. But if it were, you'd be giving up a hell of a lot more than you would be if we fell farther into depression. Count your blessings, you haven't got anything to complain about.

Tazero

Explanation:
I don't like the government because
1) they ruined my chuld hood
2) They're taking the country over
3) I hate them lolzz

If you were a fish...

tSwitch

Quote from: MetaKnight on February 17, 2009, 09:18:00 pm
Explanation:
I don't like the government because
3) I hate them lolzz

1) wtf?
2) wtf?
3) that's not a reason

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

winkio

February 17, 2009, 10:13:53 pm #9 Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 10:16:08 pm by winkio
Quote from: Diokatsu on February 17, 2009, 09:02:05 pm
And you're selfish, winkio. You don't matter at all, nor do I. Look at this damn thing in retrospect. I suffer, who cares.

Dio, hate to break it to you, but there are more than just you and me that live on this planet.  We are talking about a large percentage of the population of American quickly dropping below poverty level.  The Great Depression was a valuable experience.  Is that what you are saying?  That we should have another one because we could use the experience?  People suffered, lost everything, barely scraped by, and died during that time.  Only an asshole would want to repeat that for "experience".  And not true about the stimulus: it actually works.  You how we solved the Great Depression?  ECONOMIC STIMIULUS (they didn't call it packages back then).  They created jobs, infused the economy with new capital, set up welfare programs, and brought us out of it.  Go look it up, it was FDR and the New Deal.  Stimulus is looking much more historically legitimate than just sitting back and letting everything die.  I don't understand why you don't get it!

fugibo

Last time I touched fire, I learned to avoid it.

But that won't help any kids I might have, will it?

wolfi--

Sorry for the delay, but since in a democratic nation, the people elect their leaders, therefore it is you who is chosing the people who will rule your country.

And I don't think they're destroying the economy because if they are, they'd be dead.

1. Thats personal. And I don't see how thats possible.
2. Explained above. It is your representatives that are ruling you.

Anyways

enough seriousness for today
going to mix coke and coffee and see what happens~

Diokatsu

Quote from: wolfi-- on February 23, 2009, 12:07:36 am
Sorry for the delay, but since in a democratic nation, the people elect their leaders, therefore it is you who is chosing the people who will rule your country.

That's Republic. Direct Democracy, and therefore ideal, is when the people have direct voting privileges on all laws; therefore, the people are the law.Our government is more based on the Roman Republic than the Greek Democracy.

Tazero

Screw democracy!
:^_^': I say Free world!

If you were a fish...

Diokatsu

Quote from: MetaKnight on February 23, 2009, 07:04:43 pm
Screw democracy!

Democracy is the highest plausible level of freedom within the bounds of organized government. If you don't want organized government, that's fine, you're free to fend for yourself. When the killing happens, I hope Lord of the Flies echos through your mind.

Tazero

I can defend myself Give me a knife some shadows and it's all good

If you were a fish...

Diokatsu

Quote from: MetaKnight on February 23, 2009, 07:43:51 pm
I can defend myself Give me a knife some shadows and it's all good

Lol. I hope you're joking, because get out there on the anarchic streets and you'd be done. No knife can defend from a mob.

Tazero

If you were a fish...

winkio

wolfi--

Oh sry, I don't live in America ;-; thats what they teach me in civics. Screwschool.

Quote from: MetaKnight on February 23, 2009, 07:04:43 pm
Screw democracy!

Free world would mean that there would be no policies made, therefore war.
Public services would shut down, except private ones (which would become expensiver)

and yes, you'd be dead. Especially if you go around with a knife.

I know

i've tried it

with a lion..

;-;