Your thoughts of Government

Started by Tazero, February 16, 2009, 08:09:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

Blizzard

So do I.

Governments take loans to pay stuff (obviously). The good side is that they have money to invest it into research and public services. The bad side is that they don't do that but something else. Not only businesses are corrupt, major part of the government are as well. I've seen many honest people trying to get into politics and they usually get fired very soon. Why? For being honest. IMO there is no mediocre or more successful politician who is honest. I pretty much believe that they all first watch out for their own interest then the nation's. There is nothing we can change about that except for some kind of revolution. Ironically the revolution would just be an opportunity for another group of people to rule the country. Even if they are honest and have actual ideals, it's just a matter of time until somebody corrupt gets into the cycle and the same old story begins anew. It's funny how it only takes one "corrupt person" to destroy an "ideal paradise".
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

One of my friends once told me "You can rate how good a government is by how little damage one person can do to the system.  For the US gov, it is supposed to be fairly little, because the president can be checked by the cabinet and congress.  But recently, party leaders have just gotten ridiculous amounts of power as they are heads of overzealous parties, and thus can do MUCH more damage.

fugibo

Well, if we just let it all burn, it'll have to go up eventually...

Tazero

I refuse to let Monarchists completely stomp Anarchist do to the majority
I have my own plans but either way they won't be heard might as well just listen out  :D

If you were a fish...

fugibo

I'm sorry, but
a) I'm pretty sure there are only a handful of monarchists left on the face of the planet.
b) Anarchy = Bad. ALWAYS. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Man, I wanna play CivIV.... stupid M$, not making Dx portable...

Diokatsu

Quote from: WcW on March 01, 2009, 11:24:43 am
I'm sorry, but
a) I'm pretty sure there are only a handful of monarchists left on the face of the planet.
b) Anarchy = Bad. ALWAYS. NO EXCEPTIONS.

LOL I agree. Very few people still hold on to the monarchy ideal. It's just a worn out system.

Anarchy is "bad" in the sense that it can't work. Hell, it's not even a real form of government. Unless you want to tell me that the lack of structure is in itself a structure.

Tazero

Should i? I will It's lack of stucture is our Structure

If you were a fish...

fugibo

You remind me of agnostics, but I have no reason why.

Diokatsu

Quote from: WcW on March 01, 2009, 06:07:43 pm
You remind me of agnostics, but I have no reason why.

Lol, he shouldn't. I'm agnostic.

Tazero

If you were a fish...

Diokatsu

Quote from: MetaKnight on March 01, 2009, 07:25:24 pm
whats that???
  :^_^':

Someone who believe that the existence of God/god is unknowable. It's basically admitting that we can't figure it out. It's for the quitters. :V:

Tazero

Why don't mormen understand that god isn't coming back any time soon?  :???:

If you were a fish...

shdwlink1993

March 01, 2009, 08:01:29 pm #53 Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 08:03:08 pm by shdwlink1993
(Wow... I knew Mormons were big, but I didn't know that we were a form of government! xD) That's because Mormons understand that God is coming back sometime soon. lol

To return to the actual point of the topic with as much subtlety as a train wreck, I think that our current system is OK. I've always been completely oblivious to the world around me and have nothing to compare our system to, but I think it's OK. Could stand some improvement, of course, but I think that it's OK.
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Tazero

If you were a fish...

fugibo

To Mormons Comment: Pretty much every real religion in the world believes that God will return. Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, Islam, etc. They all have their God, and he's supposed to come back.

To Mods: Please, lock this topic. There's not point anymore.