[Resolved] Personality Test

Started by WhiteDemon15, February 17, 2009, 11:43:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteDemon15

February 17, 2009, 11:43:57 am Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 03:52:41 pm by Aqua
Does any one know how to make a personality test that will chose your class, or do I need a script? Please help, my brother needs one for his game and won't stop complaining about it.

tSwitch

ask questions with show choice

use a variable and add to or subtract from it when they give certain answers

i.e.
What do you value more?
Strength (+1)
Magic (+0)
Stealth (-1)

at the end, check for a certain range of that variable

if it's say...
5-6 = fighter
3-4 = mage
1-2 = thief

it's your job to figure out the formula.  this is just a simple procedure

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

WhiteDemon15

Wow, thank you, man! My brother will really use this. I might use it, too.

Tazero

I may use this in my tut..... :<_<: I may just add a whole new section

If you were a fish...

G_G

Posting someone else's stuff is plajerism and illegal. Or at least illegal unless they say you can post it.

Tazero

It's not playgerism until it has been copywrited which leads to copy right enfrigment but unless it has been published by an official it's legal ;)

If you were a fish...

Aqua

Quote from: http://www.plagiarism.org/learning_center/what_is_plagiarism.html
Many people think of plagiarism as copying another's work, or borrowing someone else's original ideas. But terms like "copying" and "borrowing" can disguise the seriousness of the offense:

According to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, to "plagiarize" means
1.to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own
2.to use (another's production) without crediting the source
3.to commit literary theft
4.to present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source.
In other words, plagiarism is an act of fraud. It involves both stealing someone else's work and lying about it afterward.

But can words and ideas really be stolen?
According to U.S. law, the answer is yes. The expression of original ideas is considered intellectual property, and is protected by copyright laws, just like original inventions. Almost all forms of expression fall under copyright protection as long as they are recorded in some way (such as a book or a computer file).

All of the following are considered plagiarism:
turning in someone else's work as your own
copying words or ideas from someone else without giving credit
failing to put a quotation in quotation marks
giving incorrect information about the source of a quotation
changing words but copying the sentence structure of a source without giving credit
copying so many words or ideas from a source that it makes up the majority of your work, whether you give credit or not (see our section on "fair use" rules)

Yes, it is plagiarism if you take this.

Tazero

If you were a fish...

G_G

winkio

okay, yes you need to credit, but lets get one thing straight here:  NAMK/White do NOT own the idea, or the method.  Many other people most likely have already thought of or implemented this system.  Even so, you definitely need to credit and get permission if you are copying their idea (as in you didn't have it first).

WhiteDemon15

Which reminds me, NAMKOR, me (if I use it) and my brother'll make sure we credit you.

Lost_Hope

I know a way around that. just put quotation marks around it and say who said it. If you NEEDED credit for that, then you know how many research papers would be plagiarized and WOULD HAVE BEEN sued? lol just a thought  ;)

fugibo

Quotation marks don't make it legal, they just automatically make it credited. You can still be sued in an intellectual property case, though, even if they use quotation marks. There's just no point in suing people for all of that, though, so most authors, researchers, etc. don't.