Winkio's Random Encounter-less guide to Chaos Project.

Started by winkio, February 19, 2009, 12:24:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

So, this is mostly just a collection of tips for how to play with no random encounters.  This has been done in normal mode, and so far it has got me to white peak city with little difficulty.

The basic principle: whenever you get into a random encounter, or it asks you if you want to fight, abscond or press no.  You will be able to avoid before the enemy can attack about 80% of the time.  The rest of the time, the enemy won't deal a significant amount of damage to you before you escape.  Now, this guide will also work for those who only do a few random encounters and don't grind.

How to buy equipment and items:  Always get the newest weapons for Endout and Jason.  never get a weapon for Lilith, until it will raise her attack by 75 or more points.  For armors, get whatever will give your stats the most boost.  for example, if you have to choose between a helmet that raises your PDEF by 10 and MDEF by 15 or a shield that raises both by 4 and 7, get the helmet.  Duhhh.  Also, to scrape a little extra money, you make have to calculate the prices of the equipment you will replace and sell before you buy.  For items, only get 2 x your party size of anything.  Stick to only buying potions and phoenix feathers if at all possible.

How to get money and exp:  Do all the quests you can.  Side quests often supply you with ethers and money, sometimes even exp.  After you hit White Peak, you can always easily win some extra money in the bettin monster arena if you want it.  But since the whole point of this strategy is to do little grinding, only use it if you really need to.

Managing your money:  Use cheap inns when possible.  While Lilith has full mp, never use a bunny refresh that costs money, just heal with her.  Sell useless items that cure status effects that you don't ever use.

Now, for the tricky part:  How to fight boss battles.
These are the only battles you will actually fight.  As such, we will assume that you start out with the soul rage that was left over from the previous battle, usually around 50% each(with this strategy). 
     Endout and Jason:
     The first round is the crucial setup.  If one of your party members has an agility boosting soul rage, use it on Jason, otherwise, deal some damage.  Have the other person analyze the boss to see how much damage you need to deal.
     Now for round two.  Have Jason use Uppercut if you have it, otherwise use magic.  Endout is your potion healer, but he should attack if he doesn'  need to heal or if the enemy is at critical condition.

with Lilith:
     The first round is the crucial setup.  If one of your party members has a strength boosting soul rage, use it on Jason.  Otherwise, have the person use an agility boosting soul rage (pretty much every armor set has one) on him.  Have another person use an agility boosting soul rage on Lilith.  Have the last person analyze the boss to see how much damage you need to deal.
     Now for round two.  Have Jason use Uppercut if you have it, otherwise just attack.  Have Endout use Kick or magic.  At this point, you should heal with Lilith if your party needs it, otherwise have her use another buffing soul rage on Endout.
     After this, keep Jason and Endout dishing out the damage, with Lilith Healing.  Once the soul rage buffs run out, you should have gained enough SR back to start over...

With Vamp:
     It is useful to use a Reflect SR or skill on him if you have it, just because he can self heal with vampire bite.  He should mainly use that skill and magic to simply fend for himself and increase the damage output.
     With Lucius:
     Treat him as another Jason...  If you have a def ring, prioritize its SR, as it helps tons against strong enemies.

So that's pretty much it.  I will add to this as I progress through the game.  Hope you enjoyed my unorthodox RPG strategy.

Calintz

This is disgusting!!

Haha, nice discovery though Winkio, but I really don't think this is what Blizzard is looking for. He wants to be able to view the details of your battles to better construct the algorithms for his specific needs, or change stats accordingly. That is one of the reasons he even created the Game Log, isn't it??

Starrodkirby86

Yes, but remember this.

He is (Hopefully) going to obtain many battle logs, containing different strategies of various players. This shows some pretty interesting ways, and so Blizzard can still use what winkio has as help towards his game. Maybe to tone down the easiness on it or something, or see how he exploits it so much.

Odd strategy, but if it works it works. Not like I'm expecting anyone else to do it unless they're bored.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

What SRK said. And I love this thread. It shows how CP can be played in more than 3 different ways. :) Keep it up, winkio! :D
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Blizzard

*double posts*

winkio, are you going to finish this guide?

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

idk, it depends on if I have time.  And, I have to restart the game from the beginning for the 3rd time, to see how low of a level I can actually be.

Blizzard

<3

I got to Nemesis with about level 50. But I was playing Exerion mode with no-encounter as soon as I got the proper items.

winkio

lol, I only leveled up once the first boss, but 2 levels for every boss fight since.  They aren't actually that hard yet...

EDIT: the normal enemy troops, on the other hand, have the possibility of wiping me out in a single turn if I fail to abscond.

EDIT2:  Holy fucking shit this is hard.  Seriously, I was at least 3 levels too high on my previous attempt.  Jason didn't even get any skills until after beating the grave guard.  All Endout had was Kick.

Blizzard

<3

You should totally play Warrior mode. It gives you only half of the EXP and gold. That would be even harder to beat. xD