Blizz ABS tutorial

Started by Pwnisher3, February 20, 2009, 10:45:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pwnisher3

just click on the link below to watch a video tutorial i made for Blizz ABS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvj9FJgpMzc

winkio

Props for the effort, but there are just too many functions of Blizz-ABS to cover in a video tutorial.  The best stuff are example games and the manual.

Aqua

:O A VIDEO TUT!

That font hurt my eyes... @.@

And like what winkio said, you didn't cover a lot of features, ESPECIALLY Ally AI.

If you demonstrated Ally capability in the the fight with the Diablos, it would have been a lot better. :)

Diokatsu

You could potentially make this a multi-part tutorial. It's nice, but make sure it looks clean. Try and nice font like Times New Roman and a white colour to contrast the black background. It's a nice idea though.

Blizzard

This shows the BASIC features of Blizz-ABS like fighting on the map. You should make more tutorials demonstrating the ally AI and other features like projectiles, skills, weapons, etc.

Also you should first show the descriptiong text and the then how it is done. The letters covering the screen while everything is going so fast in the background is hard to follow.
Just use a more readable font like Arial or Times New Roman and the tutorial will look much better. :)

Basically what people said before me. xD

Also, you should use the graphics from the XAS demo. :evil:
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

Quote from: Blizzard on February 21, 2009, 05:10:55 am
Also, you should use the graphics from the XAS demo. :evil:

OMG!  Someone should totally do that!  And use the exact same maps and stuff too! XD  It would be hilarious...  Then narrate it with a high pitched 12-year-old voice, and we'd be all set! XD

Landith

February 21, 2009, 10:51:48 pm #6 Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 11:00:22 pm by Landith
This is a good tut, although it moves to fast and the text gets in the way at times...

It makes me want to make my own video over Blizz-ABS Features...

Heroic-Pain

Sweet! this help me out but what did you type when you named the ghost, all I can see is "[1]". I see / (something) before it. What is it?

WhiteRose

Quote from: Heroic-Pain on April 04, 2010, 01:22:29 pm
Sweet! this help me out but what did you type when you named the ghost, all I can see is "[1]". I see / (something) before it. What is it?

"/e[1]", I believe. This kind of thing is covered in the manual; you might want to read through it once or twice before you get started.

Heroic-Pain

Quote from: Flower Lady WhiteRose on April 04, 2010, 01:36:55 pm
Quote from: Heroic-Pain on April 04, 2010, 01:22:29 pm

"/e[1]", I believe. This kind of thing is covered in the manual; you might want to read through it once or twice before you get started.

Oh yeah, thanks. :D

Kett Shee

I doubt the guy is reading these but The video was a bit too fast paced for me and the font(although cool) didn't really help me in seeing the text at all.

BTW @everybody else(off topic): I've noticed a lot of n00bs double posting lately. :p
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

Blizzard

It's \e[ID]. /e[ID] won't work.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Blizzard on April 06, 2010, 09:37:29 am
It's \e[ID]. /e[ID] won't work.

*Smacks self for stupid mistake*
Should have checked the manual myself.