My Email Client

Started by G_G, February 22, 2009, 10:34:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Tired of waiting for your online email client to load? Gmail or hotmail/live take to long to load up on the internet? No problem! With this you cen send en email in a matter of seconds! Just run the program etner the information and wa-la!

Instructions:
YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS FILLED IN CORRECTLY OR IT WONT SEND ANYTHING!
You'll need to fill in the following:
Your E-mail
Your Password
If you use hotmail or live type in the third box "smtp.live.com" without quotes and "smtp.gmail.com" withouth quotes.
Next box type in 25 for hotmail/live.com. 587 for gmail.com.
Then type the person's email adress ur emailing
Then the subject
Then the message.

Heres a screenie of what it should look like if you use hotmail/live
Spoiler: ShowHide

Heres what it should look like if you use gmail
Spoiler: ShowHide

I am still adding other email services too but for now gmail and hotmail/live are the only usable ones
Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2vierw

Starrodkirby86

You should have an included help-file with all the ports for various mail clients and domains. That way you don't need to have the unprofessional looking descriptions near the boxes. Make sure you have the Help button accessible as well.

Also, you tested this out right?

And lastly, it's spelled as recipient.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

G_G

ok I'll make a help file and stuff. I tested it and it works. I'lll fix it up.

Aqua

Lol is the reason why you didn't input your password because it'll show up?
I suggest you make the textbox a password box so that everything in it will appear as bullets.

Also... how safe is this? o.o

Punn

G_G

I erased my password so no one would see it >.> no one trusts my app

If you dont believe me than whatever seriously why would I steal anyone's password.

fugibo

You could always just give out the source code, lol.

And what library does this use? Does .NET have e-mail protocol support 0-o?

G_G

yes it does. Yea i can give out the source code i guess I'll upload it in a little

fugibo

You should try implementing a secure account & mail manager (just a simple, basic one) and POP3 manager, just to learn the stuff. The more knowledge, the better :P