How hard is it to....

Started by Tazero, February 27, 2009, 04:28:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazero

How hard is it to learn a new programming language Right now i use Microworlds as a mess around thing and basic for retarded apps any other easy to learn languages?

If you were a fish...

Blizzard

February 27, 2009, 04:52:20 pm #1 Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 04:56:00 pm by Blizzard
It takes about a month to learn a completely new language as programmer. That includes everything like syntax, dynamic linking, conceptual stuff, etc. For a complete newbie at programming just the basics can take up several months depending on how much of a quick student you are.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Tazero

Please tell me the easiest to learn or simplest other than visual to use...

If you were a fish...

Blizzard

You don't understand, there is no *easy* way. You have to sit down, get a book or a couple of tutorials and get to work.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Tazero

Oh ok, *Gets to python,Basic Already a master of micro worlds, klik&play and a whole slew of them*

If you were a fish...

tSwitch

Quote from: MetaKnight on February 27, 2009, 05:09:49 pm
Oh ok, *Gets to python,Basic Already a master of micro worlds, klik&play and a whole slew of them*

hate to break it to you, but micro worlds and klik&play aren't programming

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

Python is alright, but since it is object oriented, you might wanna learn some very basic C first. After you know conditional branching, loops, includes and maybe file access, you should learn the object oriented paradigm and then switch to Python.

Tazero

I know VB and Klik&play is just 4 fun

If you were a fish...

Blizzard

Again, Klik&Play is not a programming language. I don't know how much VB you know, but switching to C will pretty much be affected by it. If you know everything that VB can do (which I highly doubt), then switching to C won't be a big problem.

Tazero

If you were a fish...