General RGSS/RGSS2/RGSS3 Help

Started by G_G, March 04, 2009, 12:14:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellfire Dragon

Anyone know if there's a way to continue to show the player's total experience after they reached the max level? I'm not using levels in my game but I'm using experience for something else. If you open the menu you can see "E   CURRENT_EXP/EXP_TO_NEXT_LEVEL" but when you reach the max level you see "E    ---/---"
I looked at the script and only found how to remove the "/EXP_TO_NEXT_LEVEL" part.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Sacred Nym

@Hellfire

In Game_Actor look for this code:
  def exp_s
    return @exp_list[@level+1] > 0 ? @exp.to_s : "-------"
  end

Replace or comment out the middle line and replace it with:
return @exp.to_s
Quote昨日の自分に「さようなら」
Say "Goodbye" to who you were yesterday.

Hellfire Dragon

I'm a bit late but thanks Nym :) Another question, anyone know how to remove all skills from an actor?

ForeverZer0

(1...$data_skills.size).each {|i| $game_party.actors[ACTOR_INDEX].forget_skill(i) }

Can't remember if "forget_skill" is the correct method name. Look in the Game_Actor class and find something along them lines if it doesn't work.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Hellfire Dragon

ForeverZer0

How can one make it so that a Graphics.transition affects more than the standard 640x480 window. I ask because it is the last thing I need to finish a Custom Resolution script I made, one that is about as Plug & Play as a script of this nature can be.

I kind of created a cheated method, using the screenshot.dll from the custom transitions script floating around the forum, but this is only good for a standard transition with a simple fade from one screen to another, not for using actual transitions in the game folder.

I already messed around trying to reset the default viewport size returned and about everything else, but apparently the graphic is not loaded like other bitmaps are. The script works perfect, but during transitions, only a 640x480 box is transition, then the rest will just instantly change when the transition is done.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

You will have to implement the transitioning manually. :/ I don't think there's a way to make it affect the whole screen just like that.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

November 22, 2010, 03:10:35 pm #487 Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 12:22:32 pm by ForeverZer0
Damn. I figured. Just hoping I wouldn't have to...   :<_<:

EDIT:

Okay, these transitions are just straight pissing me off now. How exactly is the graphic used to get the effect seen on screen. I obviously don't mean the basics of the lighter/darker shades, etc, etc. I can't seem to get to work using a graphic, just the simple fade that you see if no transition name is passed as an argument. I do know the image is not loaded through the Bitmap class, which I image means it is using a function from the library I do not know about, but how can I achieve the same effect using Ruby?

Ryex

I was pretty sure that the graphic WAS loaded through the bitmap class and then bitmap.get pixel to get the color of a pixel and if it matched the color of gray it was transitioning that point in the loop it would do so.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

I don't think. I tried aliasing Bitmap, Sprite, and Viewport to print the arguments passed to them before doing the normal thing, and nothing happened at all. No output when the graphics transitioned.

Blizzard

It's a transitioning effect with using the transition image as alpha threshold map to determine the timing of the pixel transitions (but you know that). I don't think you can fake it in a quick/efficient way without having to edit the raw render engine (which you pretty much can't do). But there might be a way... If you used a similar way like the screenshot DLL does to get the screen caption and if you could force a transition manually over DirectX using that image combined with the black/white transition map, then it could work out. Of course, this would probably be more of a hassle than the end result would be worth. That would be the first thing to pop into my mind.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

This may have to just be a sacrifice I have to make. I really wanted to maintain high compatibility and as little "pain-in-the-ass" as possible. Until this, the entire script, with the exception of window sizes etc. in scenes is plug & play. Like I said, I have the standard simple transition implemented well, but I may have to cut out the graphical ones, with the exception of course of the ones from th Transition Pack, since that is already the key for them working.

G_G

How do you access special folders in ruby? e.g. AppData, current user, etc...

ForeverZer0

December 31, 2010, 01:14:15 am #493 Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:17:04 am by ForeverZer0
Quote from: game_guy on December 31, 2010, 12:22:23 am
How do you access special folders in ruby? e.g. AppData, current user, etc...

ENV['TEMP'] and ENV['TMP'] i do believe.
That's for the AppData.

file = File.open('ENV.txt', 'wb')
ENV.each_key {|key| file.write("#{key}\r\n  #{ENV[key]}\r\n\r\n") }
file.close

Use that to see what it all got.

Blizzard

December 31, 2010, 04:46:53 am #494 Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 04:49:21 am by Blizzard
ProgramData is the Win 7 equivalent of Win XP's Application Data folder. Use ENV['ALLUSERSPROFILE'] for that. You should put application specific stuff such as savegames into that folder. Since v1.2 CP saves the games and screenshots into "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%/Stormtronics/Lexima Legends IV - Chaos Project/%USERNAME%".

Dundora

I would like to know how i call the shop with a call script command, i tried "$scene = Scene_Shop.new" but it gives an error.

Blizzard

You would also need to manually set up the shop items first.

Dundora

January 06, 2011, 04:48:48 pm #497 Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:52:22 pm by Dundora
wow that was a fast reply, do i do that with a cal script to ? or can i just use the event.

how do i do that?:P

Blizzard

Yeah, I'm online right now so this can happen.

If you are calling the shop via script call, you probably want to use a script call here as well. First you need to call this:

$game_temp.shop_goods.clear

This makes sure the items from the last shop don't appear in the new one. Then use this template to add items into the shop:

$game_temp.shop_goods.push([TYPE, ID])

For TYPE you can use 0, 1 or 2 which is for item, weapon or armor respectively and the ID is the database ID of the item, weapon or armor.

Dundora

Oh ok, Thanks a bunch :D thats really helpfull :)