General RGSS/RGSS2/RGSS3 Help

Started by G_G, March 04, 2009, 12:14:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

It wouldn't be too possible to have a console open and type in script calls and have it execute through RMXP would it? Or can it be done through win32api calls and stuff.

Aqua

RMX-OS's chat system handles script thingies...
Sooo maybe?

Ryex

fairly simple I should think. use Zer0's console script and try getting input from it.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

I meant like an actual console cmd per say.

@Ryex: I'll take a look at it

Zeriab

The eval command makes it a matter of allowing text input and retrieving that. (Unless you want some sort of auto-complete like there is in cmd)

G_G

well what I meant was I have a console open, (the command prompt) and you can type in script calls which then gets sent to the RGSS player which then gets executed.

Wait...I have an idea, is there anyway to copy and retrieve a class from the clipboard?
class EvalCmd
    attr_accessor :cmd
end

Maybe I can have the console create a new class, set the command, copy it to the clipboard, have rmxp retrieve it, execute the command, and clear the clipboard. Is that all possible?

Blizzard

A way it could be done would be through a file.
You make a Ruby script that allows you to enter text all the time. Then you make it append the text each time to a file. Let RMXP repeatedly (every frame) check for the file. If the file isn't empty, it should executed what's inside and then empty it. You would only have to be careful about concurrent access. This is a rather dirty solution and I suggest you simply use a console script.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

ya as I said find out how to get input from the console and the use an eval in a begin except finally block. you might be able to figure out how to redirect standard input
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

Thanks guys, this'll be way cooler then a floating textbox in the middle of my screen F0 :V

ForeverZer0

You should be able to fuse the console debugger and the script caller I wrote to solely use the console.

Link the console to stdin instead of it being stdout only. Then all you have to do is run an "eval" method on the line. I was going to do this originally, but if I remember correctly I was encountering a few issues. My knowledge of pointers, etc was in its infancy at the time. I ended up splitting them and just released both seperate scripts at the same time.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

KoenLemmen

Hi people,

I am new here on the forums.
I've got one question about RMX-OS script!
Is it possible to post your game on your server (a site NOT your own PC) and run it with your PC off.
PM me pleas. I need to find a way to run my online game without keeping my pc on the hole time!  :wacko:

Koen

PS Maybe I typ bad English I am dutch.  8)
Koen Lemmen

Information:
Spoiler: ShowHide
PS I am dutch. So I could make some typ faults. 8)

More info: :P

Hello I am Koen,
I come from the Netherlands,
and I am still living there.
I playing many games.

Here is a list with favorites:
Saint Row 2
Red Alert 1, 2 and 3
WarRock
AA3

I like making sites and games.
I'm always making my games with RPG Maker XP.
Sometimes I do work with Visual C++ and Adobe Photo shop.

2 years ago I made internet radio. Thats one of my hobby's. Because I like music.

Still questions about me? You can mail me. gamekoen@hotmail.nl or follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/KoenLemmen.
Greets Koen

ForeverZer0

Yes, its possible. You will likely need to pay a small amount for whatever company hosts it. I don't know any off-hand, but I'm sure google will help you out.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

KoenLemmen

Quick answer thanks!   :D
I know about the pay part.
I hope anybody still can help me with how to make my online game setup on a site and keep it running without having my PC on.
But thanks already!

Koen
Koen Lemmen

Information:

Hello I am Koen,
I playing many games.

Saint Row 2
Red Alert 1, 2 and 3
WarRock
AA3

2 years ago I made internet radio. Thats one of my hobby's. Because I like music.

Still questions about me? You can mail me. gamekoen@hotmail.nl or follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/KoenLemmen.
Greets Koen

G_G

Actually, I'm pretty sure its almost impossible, you'd need a host that runs Ruby. Not Ruby on Rails but Ruby.

KoenLemmen

Koen Lemmen

Information:

Hello I am Koen,
I playing many games.

Saint Row 2
Red Alert 1, 2 and 3
WarRock
AA3

Greets Koen

G_G

April 15, 2011, 06:13:25 pm #535 Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 06:15:09 pm by game_guy
Anyway to stop the blinking of the cursor? Ya know, that annoying flashing like effect the rectangle has when selecting choices.

ForeverZer0

Probably a little bit tricky, since it is in the hidden Window class. You can reference the cursor_rect from the class, but I don't know how that can really help you change the opacity. I think that the cursor is its own sprite, but is private to the class.

G_G

Which effect would be better? Zooming the battle back so it fits? Or stretching it? Stretching of course is easier but I think zooming would be the nicer way to go. Plus I need help calculating this equation. I think I'm on the right track.

Code for Zoom
if width < 640
  sprite.zoom_x = 1.0 + width / 640
end
if height < 480
  sprite.zoom_y = 1.0 + height / 480
end

I think I'm on the right track but haven't had any real time to test it out.

ForeverZer0

sprite.zoom_x = 640.0 / sprite.bitmap.width
sprite.zoom_y = 480.0 / sprite.bitmap.height

I think that is all you should need.

Blizzard

Quote from: game_guy on April 15, 2011, 06:13:25 pm
Anyway to stop the blinking of the cursor? Ya know, that annoying flashing like effect the rectangle has when selecting choices.

Set Window#active to false.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.