Game Guy's Browser[Final Version]

Started by G_G, December 31, 2008, 03:21:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

December 31, 2008, 03:21:35 am Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 01:33:59 pm by game_guy
My Browser

This is my browser I made through Visual Basic. I'm proud to say its completely done with all of the features I wanted. I got it done before January 15 which is even more great. I didn't make this to try and get millions of people to switch over to my browser from IE Mozilla NEtzero or AOL. In fact I don't know why I made it. Maybe because I can't make games until 1) My dad lets me download RMXP on his computer or 2) My computer gets fixed. (My comp's in the shop). Not Called The Great War Browser.
Here's a list of features my browser has:

Features

• Working Web Window

• Working URL Bar

• Working Go, Home, Back, and Forward Buttons

• Maximise Problem Fixed

• Custom Homepage Re Done: Now goes to you're computer's homepage

• Click on Main for some main options

Downloads and Updates

12-30-08: v 0.9 Beta
Made Browser. Working URL Bar and Browser.
Download Link Gone

12-31-08: v 1.0 Beta
Custom Homepage with 2 tabs added,
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nsjhl6

12-31-08: v 1.0
Removed 2 Tabs and re-made home buttons. Final Version.
http://www.savefile.com/files/1951018

The Framework you'll need if you don't have it.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263.aspx

Credits

game_guy - for making it
microsoft - for the language and program

Sally

you linked us the delete file option not download...

G_G

Hellfire Dragon

Quote from: Hellfire Dragon(shoutbox)
You need to fix the maximise option lol it doesn't do anything but make a white box. It's actually alright, calender at the top, url bar, home and go button, and it works Happy :) Nice. ;)

This browser wins for size 67kb lol :haha: Anyway, it's pretty good. It dsiplays web pages correctly anyway that's the main thing. I have no idea where to start coding a browser so I can't help with the enter button for the url box thingy

G_G

What only 67kb  :O.o:
I had a few ideas how to fix the maximise button but they didn't work.

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

I know. I couldn't figure out how to install a plugin. But it still offers you're basic browsing needs. That and its my first program. I do plan on making another browser with flash enabled and tabbed browsing. That is what I'm going to work on after my drawing application.

Xero Shifter

Wow that is just awesome GG, I'm sure with some time you could make something better than IE (not hard.)
I suppose the biggets problem now would be plugins, or addons... hehe, firefox uses dynamic plugins, which means no matter which browser they are meant for, they will work ^_^.
Join the Starcraft Territories team now!

fugibo

Plugins:
You'd have to get the plugins to work with Trident, IE's sucky engine, which is what this is using. He can't really make it that much better than IE7 when it still uses exactly the same engine.

Add-Ons:
You'd have to create a layer between add-on code and the widgets. Not very easy.

Xero Shifter

I wasn't attesting to his skills when i mention the whole "better than IE, pff not hard" i was simply saying that IE sucks balls. They are totally unoriginal too, all their new features came from firefox first.
Sure you cant get much better if he is using the same engine, but in theory he could have it layed out better, take up less space, and look pretier.
Join the Starcraft Territories team now!

fugibo

That's all I was saying; he can't really make a Firefox or Opera without using full C/C++, though.

And actually, most of Fx's features come from Opera first.

G_G

I forgot all about this. Yea I still need to update it but visual basic's being a bitch on Vista. So yea.......Once I get it working again I'll try to make it better.

Ryex

pirtty Dam good Game_guy supports flash with out a problem!
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

CP Member say what? I havent updated this thing in ages!!!! Wow xD lmao

Ryex

^^^ true but I only tried it just today! lamo