[XP] Easy Overdrive System

Started by Blizzard, March 07, 2009, 09:54:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

March 14, 2009, 06:59:22 am #20 Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 07:00:23 am by Blizzard
The OD required is the SP cost in percentage just like in SRS. I actually mentioned that in the instructions. :P
And you can access the menu anytime. In order to make it only accessible when you have 100% OD, you need to do following edits.

1. Line 436 should be:
if BlizzCFG::OVERDRIVE_USERS.include?(@actor.id)

Change it to:
if BlizzCFG::OVERDRIVE_USERS.include?(@actor.id) && @actor.overdrive == 1000

2. Line 676 should be:
if BlizzCFG::OVERDRIVE_USERS.include?(battler.id)

Change it to:
if BlizzCFG::OVERDRIVE_USERS.include?(battler.id) && battler.overdrive == 1000
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

Quote from: Blizzard on March 14, 2009, 06:59:22 am
The OD required is the SP cost in percentage just like in SRS. I actually mentioned that in the instructions. :P
And you can access the menu anytime. In order to make it only accessible when you have 100% OD, you need to do following edits.

1. Line 436 should be:
if BlizzCFG::OVERDRIVE_USERS.include?(@actor.id)

Change it to:
if BlizzCFG::OVERDRIVE_USERS.include?(@actor.id) && @actor.overdrive == 1000

2. Line 676 should be:
if BlizzCFG::OVERDRIVE_USERS.include?(battler.id)

Change it to:
if BlizzCFG::OVERDRIVE_USERS.include?(battler.id) && battler.overdrive == 1000

**I apologize for being incompetent. Those are tiny edits that I could have realized had I actually been 'trying,' instead of running a quick scan. Thank you very much Blizzard. Everything is finally compatible, and works great!!

**As for the skill%.. .. ..umm...sorry :^_^': Lmao.
**Thank you again!! Everything works fantastic.

**Power Up**

Viviatus

It still doesn't have the flowing/flashing bars! :O

Blizzard

Sorry, I don't have time. Life is killing me.

... oh, the irony. :roll:

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Delyemerald2

I can't find the parameter to change the max OD%... To many 1000's XD

Blizzard

There is none. Max is 100%, duh.

Hellfire Dragon

hey blizz when I try to change the color of the OD bar it won't work, with the blizz abs anyway :P

Blizzard

Hud#draw_overdrive. You should change it in that method.

self.bitmap.gradient_bar_hud(@od_x+32, @od_y+3, 114, rate, 'hud_red_bar')

I don't know from memory what the other bars are except for "hud_green_bar", "hud_blue_bar" and "hud_white_bar".

Hellfire Dragon

The HP consume skill in Tons doesn't with overdrives :P Fix? Or did I do something wrong?

Blizzard

July 26, 2009, 08:23:36 am #29 Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:13:47 am by Blizzard
Not, it really doesn't work. I'll update it somewhere later today.

EDIT: Update to v2.1b.

Holyrapid

Hey, can i make so that i can buy ODs from G_Gs skill shop? If yes, with what script call? The regular
$game_actors[ID].learn_overdrive(CD)
or with something else... Please help

Blizzard

Yes, instead of actor.learn_skill you would need to use actor.learn_overdrive in his script.

Holyrapid

Ok, well, great. Great, indeed. This makes things a bit more intresting.

Holyrapid

Umm, another question. I want to do the same as Calintz, but the code has changed, so i don´t know which lines to edit. I mean, i want to make the slider (or whatever it´s called) pop up when i have full OD. Now, like i said, the lines don´t match anymore, and i don´t know which ones to change...

Blizzard

Doesn't matter, they are still the same lines (not numbers, I mean the code). Just press CTRL + F and use the search function to find them, then edit them.

Orici

would it be possbile to change the OD bar possition? It's because i'm using a custom battle window (see this picture)
Spoiler: ShowHide

Trainer Zydragon

December 14, 2009, 08:55:45 pm #36 Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 09:17:48 pm by Zydragon
Hey awesome script, I've been looking for a script like this for a LONG time now, and so far they've all been duds.

Just one problem... Im using SephirothSpawn's custom HP/SP bars, and this script seems to destroy the bars themselves, making them invisible. It doesn't return an error or anything, and the game rns as normal, but obviously its a hinderance with no HP/SP/Overdrive guages. The ATB guage still shows however.
Is there any way around this or will I need to use a different guage script? (I hope to evade the second)

Cheers :D

EDIT:
The full list of scripts im using (all completely compatible surprisingly)
Makeamidget & Khatharr steal script
RTAB (cogwheel) edited for no zoom
Animated Battlers with RTAB patch
Cogwheels spell timers and spell synth scripts
Vash's Death Switch script
Custom skill window script (by Marked I think)
SephirothSpawn's custom guage script
Dargor's Party Changer scripts
Dubealex's Ring Menu script
Mr. Mo's Animate This! script

Jackolas

December 15, 2009, 02:35:15 am #37 Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 06:38:42 am by Jackolas
Quotewould it be possbile to change the OD bar possition? It's because i'm using a custom battle window (see this picture)

that is an easy edit. will see if I have some time to do that 1 for yah today

Blizzard

December 15, 2009, 03:53:24 am #38 Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 03:55:49 am by Blizzard
Quote from: Zydragon on December 14, 2009, 08:55:45 pm
Hey awesome script, I've been looking for a script like this for a LONG time now, and so far they've all been duds.

Just one problem... Im using SephirothSpawn's custom HP/SP bars, and this script seems to destroy the bars themselves, making them invisible. It doesn't return an error or anything, and the game rns as normal, but obviously its a hinderance with no HP/SP/Overdrive guages. The ATB guage still shows however.
Is there any way around this or will I need to use a different guage script? (I hope to evade the second)

Cheers :D

EDIT:
The full list of scripts im using (all completely compatible surprisingly)
Makeamidget & Khatharr steal script
RTAB (cogwheel) edited for no zoom
Animated Battlers with RTAB patch
Cogwheels spell timers and spell synth scripts
Vash's Death Switch script
Custom skill window script (by Marked I think)
SephirothSpawn's custom guage script
Dargor's Party Changer scripts
Dubealex's Ring Menu script
Mr. Mo's Animate This! script

Seph coding style was always so that mostly only his stuff works with it. Either use his Overdrive script (called Limit Break if I remember right) or use my bars from Tons of Add-ons (except the facts that they look better and lag a lot less, you have the option to use one of seven different styles :P).

Jackolas

Quoteor use my bars from Tons of Add-ons (except the facts that they look better and lag a lot less, you have the option to use one of seven different styles Tongue).

showoff