[XP] Easy Overdrive System

Started by Blizzard, March 07, 2009, 09:54:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainer Zydragon

Haha cheers for that.

Im not a COMPLETE noob at ruby coding... I did C++ in university, so I get the general jist of things. If I can't find the problem I'll have to do one of those... Probably change the bars since I like your OD version.

Blizzard

Quote from: Jackolas on December 15, 2009, 04:22:52 am
Quoteor use my bars from Tons of Add-ons (except the facts that they look better and lag a lot less, you have the option to use one of seven different styles Tongue).

showoff

Lol, but it's true. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Trainer Zydragon

December 15, 2009, 07:03:28 am #42 Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 07:26:39 am by Zydragon
Alright so I've messed with the scripts, taken ones out, to see the compatibility issue here...

Strangely enough if I take out seph's bars (or even put yours in) it spits out an error message:

"Script 'Easy Overdrive System' line 278: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'draw_slant_bar' for
#<Window_DetailsStatus:0x7e48390"

Confused.com  :???:

EDIT:
Ive put in your RTAB script, which shows the bars and seems to work with the Animated Battlers script fine. The only problem is it defeats the point of the spell synth and spell timer scripts, as the bar doesnt show the skills charging, it just kinda stays red... Any workaround?

Blizzard

I don't refresh the display all the time to reduce lag. :/ I might take a look at it, but I'd need a small demo.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Trainer Zydragon

It's alright, if I was to make a edmo out of it, it would be fairly pathetic since I have no graphics yet, just big coloured squares for boundaries.
Ive decided to keep the Overdrive system for another game in the future anyway, since it's a trilogy and I would prefer different battle systems in each.

Still, cheers for the script  :haha:

toutaku

so im very new at this. so i apologize in advance.

ive emplimented this script and its awesome. my problem is that i dont know how to make new skills for the overdrive... i know how to make new skills  but i dont understand how to make them specific for overdrive. plz teach me im eager to learn. thanks in advance aswell.

Holyrapid

There should be instructions in the beginning of the script in comments, (the oneĀ“s in green) so read that.

Blizzard

And there's a demo project with a demo configuration.

toutaku

December 22, 2009, 02:08:40 pm #48 Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 11:42:48 pm by Aqua
ok ill check it out thx. sorry to bother. lol :shy:

sorry to double post but i looked over thedemo and script and cant figure out how to make skill for overdrive and for them to be set with actors and such. plz help and dont be frustrated with me, imagine how i feel  :shy:

Aqua Edit:
Don't double post... even if you say sorry.
Edit your first post instead. The topic will automatically be bumped.
Good day~

Aisu

Okay, so for some reason, when I try and use this script with the 'Tons of Add-ons' script, I get the following error when I try to view the Overdrive window.

Spoiler: ShowHide

This error only appears when the actor in question has overdrive skills; if it has no Overdrive skills, the window will open just fine. It doesn't seem to care whether or not any of the add-ons are active or not, also.

lynchking

February 28, 2010, 08:10:57 pm #50 Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:32:37 am by lynchking
I am using this along with BABS and Action Timers.
But, ive noticed when using an OverDrive Skill, the cooldown will trigger, but as soon as you get enough Overdrive to use the ability, it can be used regardless of weather or not the Timer has actually reached 0.
This is what is happening -->  
*Overdrive reached 30%
*skill used and timer starts
*overdrive is now 0%
*overdrive reaches 30%
*skill used again (with X  seconds left on Cooldown Timer

All Scripts are in correct order. Any ideas? I am teh nubzor, havent even looked at script since around 02-03 and have forgotten near everything there is...  Thanks in advance!  Bump! This is causing me to rip out my teeth from anger.

Blizzard

Ask winkio about that in his thread.

Quote from: Aisu on February 28, 2010, 07:49:12 pm
Okay, so for some reason, when I try and use this script with the 'Tons of Add-ons' script, I get the following error when I try to view the Overdrive window.

This error only appears when the actor in question has overdrive skills; if it has no Overdrive skills, the window will open just fine. It doesn't seem to care whether or not any of the add-ons are active or not, also.

Either you didn't put in your scripts right or they aren't in the right order or you have loaded a saved game even though it says in the script that all old savegames are being corrupted when adding the script.

sirSLR

nice script
but how can i show it witouth having bliz abs hud turned on?
i want it to be visible all the time.

WhiteRose

Quote from: sirSLR on November 05, 2010, 05:58:53 pm
nice script
but how can i show it witouth having bliz abs hud turned on?
i want it to be visible all the time.

What other scripts are you using? Assumedly, you're using Blizz-ABS, in which case it IS visible all the time, unless you disable the HUD all the time, which would be questionable to say the least.

sirSLR

yeah that is true but i want it to be seable when blizz hud is off
cause i'm using mog-xas hud

or is there a way to import some overdrive script in that hud...

ShadowSaber

I want to ask, how to make enemies (like boss) immune to overdrive?

Blizzard

Give Overdrives an element and make your bosses immune to that element.

ShadowSaber

Oh, I see...

thanks for your tips, Mr Blizzard  :D

mongoosezxc

So I don't know if this thread is dead yet or not.... :P
but is there a way to have overdrive skills learned upon level up like regular skills? :huh:
...and yes I have read the instructions at the beggining of the script

any help is appreciated,
thanks

Blizzard

Not directly, but you can with a simple common event. Make the skill be learned as a normal skill. Put inside any script (I suggest you make a script slot below EOS) this piece of code here:

OVERDRIVE_SKILLS = [2, 3, 4]

Inside the array add all skill IDs that are Overdrive skills (in this example, those are 2, 3 and 4). Now make a common event that is a parallel process (don't forget to turn on the switch triggering that event). Add a script call command and insert this piece of code:

(1...$data_actors.size).each {|i|
  os = OVERDRIVE_SKILLS &
    $game_actors[i].skills
  os.each {|s|
    a = $game_actors[i]
    a.forget_skill(s)
    a.learn_overdrive(s)}}