Started by G_G, March 08, 2009, 03:06:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

March 08, 2009, 03:06:57 pm Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 05:40:41 pm by game_guy
Guitar Hero Starter Kit
Version: Unreleased
Type: Guitar System

Introduction

Ever wanted to make your own guitar hero game? With your own music? Well you can now but theres a downside. Notes are random.
Okay please read this!!! I am making this into a starter kit to make it well more Guitar Hero. The starter kit is about ready to release. It just uses some basic features. Select a song, play it. Theres no buying more songs, or costumes. Just some basic.

Features For Starter Kit

• Just like guitar hero house but a little bugged
  • Different stage and custom tileset
  • Easy Medium or Fast speeds
  • RTP Heroes with isntruments

Demo

This is the old version.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0u1rj6

Instructions

Okay to make the demo compatible with any of your songs just import them into the project, edit the event on the far left side and change the song.
REQUIRES TONS CUSTOM CONTROLS

Credits and Thanks[/s]

• game_guy for making it
  • Wierd Al for his song I'm Fat (included in the demo)
  • Landith for finding me a fret board.[/s]

Credits for Starter kit

• game_guy for making it
  • game_guy for making custom tileset
  • landith for adding texture to my tileset
  • landith for making Arshes holding a guitar
  • Susys for making Basil holding a microphone
  • game_guy for making theif use drums
  • All song artists for there songs

BETA TESTING:
If you want to sign up for beta testing, please sign up:

Name: Name or Nickname
E-Mail: Either Msn or email
And you gotta be trustworthy and promise you wont release it to anyone else!!!

Current Beta testers:

• Chaze007
  • StarrodKirby86
  • NAMKCOR
  • Landith
  • Susys
  • Dio

I will take six beta testers. First come first serve four slots left!!!

Landith

Looks pretty cool :)
*Downloads* :P

Sally

im good at guitar hero, ill check this out, and do u strum it or do you just click it?

G_G

Aqua

Well, since you don't strum, wouldn't this be a better SM system? :V?

Mmm... also, from what I read, it seems like the game only supports 1 song.

I played the demo, and the notes didn't always seem to register as being struck.  I'm 95% sure I hit them at the supposed right time...

Also... *pokes the grammar mistakes in thread*
:o

G_G

Well I did discover you have to press it right before it matches. But who put house there because I didnt?

Tazero

The only prob i see with it from the screeny it's a bass fret board xD
Serious bass have 4 strings while guitars have 6

If you were a fish...

Landith

Yeah, I chose that one because he is only using 4 keys to play it. So unless he adds 2 more keys, it stays at a bass.

Aqua

The keys don't match up though... :O

Landith

Yeah, but oh well, that would be due to RMXP's gay 32x32 grid.

I could try to find one or make one that is 32 pixels away from each string, but I would have to make one because the guitar's aren't like that...
I might make one for game_guy later though...

But this event system isn't about the background image, it's about playing a guitar hero on RMXP... >.>

G_G

Landith is correct. And it would be easy to include more than one song. Just copy the map, paste it....Nevermind. Its going to take a small bit of eventing to include a song selections, and to have multiple songs. In fact I'll include another demo with a song selection, a better fret board maybe, more songs to make it event better.

Sally

just give it a highway like guitar hero, and guitar hero only has 5 buttons, so asdf they keys he uses are just notes that you play... so is the 5in guitar hero for guitar and bass.

G_G

Okay I've decided to go all out and make a guitar hero starter kit. Complete witha few custom scripts and whatnot.

Sally

G_G

okay hopefully the starter kit will be released sometime tomorrow. Hopefully. Anyways I am addinga new feature that I didnt plany on. I am going to add the fail option. If a certain variable reaches 0 than you fail the song :( I am also going to try to implement a mutliplier.

Diokatsu

Interesting, interesting. I like how this is starting off, but it seems like it has bugs. I'm missing notes, too, and I'm damn sure I hit them. :\ I'm almost 100% sure actually XD. Great job though G_G and I'll power you up anyhow. I'd be glad to make songs for people once this gets all in order. XD

G_G

March 09, 2009, 10:23:40 pm #16 Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 10:25:07 pm by game_guy
Thanks dio. Anyways umm yea press teh note right before it reaches it if that makes sense. its as accurate as can be but I can try to make it better. I also added a successful difficulty selector. Also I will update screenies tomorrow and this is waht I added. A stage with a crowd watching Arshes rocking out on the guitar, Basil singing to the song, and Dorothy bashing some drums xD non animated xD.

By tomorrow it will be done! Hopefully. :/

EDIT I love this -----> G_G xD

Diokatsu

I'm wondering if you might try and script this. You already have an open source Guitar Hero emulator to look at called Frets on Fire. Also, Stepmania is a great little game to look at. Both are open source.

G_G

Well with my scripting knowledge and some spare time scripting this would be a complete failure :V:

Serious I suck at scripting and can just script basic windows, some snippets, and menus is all :P

But I just added the Career manager, a song selector, and just about done with the failure thingy

Diokatsu

Well, it's good to see progress! =D I'll look into scripting it myself, btw.

G_G

March 09, 2009, 10:41:07 pm #20 Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 12:22:07 am by game_guy
Oh by the way this includes some modded scripts and some snippets and stuffs. Anyways failure thing is implemented and now am trying to get multiplier :P

ITS DONE NOW OPEN FOR BETA TESTERS!!!!!!
When beta testing is over it will be released with a video tutorial on how to setup everything.

Calintz

G_G

Oh yes I will update screenies tomorrow Imma have to get to bed now.

Also theres is one downside when all three windows are on the map
Score Window - Displays Score
Rock Score - Like the rock meter. It reaches zero and you fail
Multiplier - Shows multiplier

All three of these on at once lag like hell. So Beta testers are open but I need to fix a few things before I can give it to the testers.

tSwitch

I'd likely beta test...and try to fix it up while I'm testing it... :shy:

so it's up to you if you want me to test or not.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Sally

Diokatsu

Landith

You already know I'm in this :)

G_G

All beta testing slots are closed. I just have to fix a few things up and add some new graphics and it'll be ready. I'll pm the demo to everyone who is a beta tester.

Calintz

Looking forward to seeing this.

Sally

G_G

All beta testers when you get the system it will be encrypted :P I need you to report any bugs you get here besides teh bug "I hit the note right on but it didnt work" or anything like that. Just post bugs with scripts and events and anything that could be improved.

I'm about done with releasing the beta :P

Calintz

This is good news...
Great minigame you have here. I can't wait to try it when the BETA testing is done.

G_G

well feel free to try the junky old demo if you want xD unless you haved :P

Calintz

G_G

Sad to say it but I might not get the beta version til tomorrow. :( But I'll try to get it done today. The lag problem is killing me.

Sally

anything we could to to help?

Calintz

Well. It matters not the wait XD

Sally

lol yeah but im getting tired.

G_G

March 10, 2009, 09:04:20 pm #38 Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 09:40:40 pm by game_guy
Beta Testers I am uploading the beta now. There will be an improved stage in a public release. Sorry for a large size but its the songs. :P If you dont want to download because of size well then sorry.

Like I said earlier its encrypted only because its not quite complete.

EDIT: Found a few bugs. I am now uploading it this very second. Its 25 MB and it shouldnt take too long to download.

Beta Testers STart betaing because I sent all beta testers the beta. Post any bugs please.

Calintz

So then the BETA version has been released?

Landith

March 10, 2009, 10:12:09 pm #40 Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 10:14:18 pm by Landith
You need to disable menu access
I always get an error when I try to use it

Or maybe add a pause function

Also, a suggestion would be to hide the multiplyer window when you only have 1x and then add it when the variable reaches a certain number.

Another bug I noticed is one time I hit the key at the right momement, it played the animation but it didn't add 1 to my rock score or add 10 to my score, it was weird. I could have just been seeing things but I'm sure it did this.

Also, the song ends too soon, it ends right when the last note appears but it doesn't reach the end of the fret board so I can't play it.

G_G

Well when the kit ir publically released you'll be able to control the length of songs. Ok multiplier window will be hidden than unless its x2.

i knew I forgot something. The custom pause script :P

@calintz: Yes the beta has been released.

Calintz

This is actually quite promising...
This can be used for far more than a simple minigame.

Say you have a Limit Break system incorporated into your project, and your main character is a bard; you could make him play a song(Very short most likely) and depending on the %note hit rate, the chance of hitting the enemy, and the damage will increase. XD

That would be very interesting!!

Starrodkirby86

Indeed Calintz, that would be an interesting and innovative concept to add unto the game. However, something like that must not break the heat of action in battle, so it has to be executed extremely quickly. Not only that the rhythm better be jammed in instead of random letters. :P

Here's the optimized music files Game_Guy; you just had to sign off one minute after it's done...(Virtually):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zay3wk

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Chaze007

Just a heads up, we'll probably release V 1.0 soon, and I'm in charge of the graphics department..eventually this thing will be updated time to time, expect it to be something kinda big.
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Landith

Alright game_guy that was all the bugs I could find and I searched for bugs in game for about an hour.

Good luck with this :)
So far I like it

Tazero

:^_^': I wanna be a bass hero.
*Wants to test too*

If you were a fish...

Chaze007

Well me and GG are going to make some MEGA changes from the beta..hopefully..

FYI, there will be a "Select Guitar" and every guitar will have their own unique fretboards.
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Tazero

If you were a fish...

Diokatsu

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on March 10, 2009, 11:04:22 pm
Indeed Calintz, that would be an interesting and innovative concept to add unto the game. However, something like that must not break the heat of action in battle, so it has to be executed extremely quickly. Not only that the rhythm better be jammed in instead of random letters. :P

Here's the optimized music files Game_Guy; you just had to sign off one minute after it's done...(Virtually):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zay3wk

That reminds me of a DBZ thing, when you do the Fusion Dance in Budokai II, or maybe others. i can't say because I only played II. It's a "nice" concept, but it's also not plausible seeing as the bugs haven't been worked out. You also NEED an edit function to sync songs. The only way Calintz's concept would work is if you actually put some way to make songs. I gave you all the open-source games, so use them for conceptual processes.

fugibo

So... I'm not very good at Audio stuff, but in theory it wouldn't be that hard to program (most likely in C) a system that automatically makes charts based on amplitude and period, would it?

tSwitch

Quote from: Ann Boleyn on April 13, 2009, 04:57:04 pm
So... I'm not very good at Audio stuff, but in theory it wouldn't be that hard to program (most likely in C) a system that automatically makes charts based on amplitude and period, would it?

Audiosurf

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

fugibo

Yes, I know about audiosurf, but I meant GH style charts.

Diokatsu

Quote from: NAMKCOR on April 16, 2009, 12:04:46 pm
Quote from: Ann Boleyn on April 13, 2009, 04:57:04 pm

Audiosurf

Bad example! XD Audiosurf sucks.

fugibo

If you took away the S-word, would it? I only played it for around 20 seconds.

acrox999

WOW! I p0wn GH. 8) This is good. Nice job.

karldaylo

aw darn.. the link is dead... i would to make it a try...  :P
RESPECT LIST:Blizzard, Game_guy, Foreverzer0, Winkio, Nathmatt

ForeverZer0

Quote from: WhiteRose on April 25, 2011, 12:59:27 am
fthmdg hasn't been been active for quite some time. Please pay attention to the warning when posting in old topics - do a little research into whether your post is really going to be relevant and likely to be viewed by the intended recipient before posting it.

This. Although GG is still active, so I guess its okay.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

G_G

It wasn't that great anyways. I guess I can do a new version....later of course after I fix some of my other stuff.

karldaylo

AWESOME! lookin forward to it

anyways i have a question... can this be used as minigame for a certain game? if not... im gonna fool my friends that i realeased a demo for my game (which is actually no related to my game XD)
RESPECT LIST:Blizzard, Game_guy, Foreverzer0, Winkio, Nathmatt