Tool/Program needed

Started by Viviatus, March 09, 2009, 03:32:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Viviatus

I've searching the net for weeks now for a little graphic program/tool. In order to make animations more quickly I'd like to have a little tool, that automaticly cuts the single frames into an animationsheet. Since the program I use outputs each frame standalone (exp. fire0001.png, fire0002.png and so on).

So, question is, if anyone knows of such a tool or is able to write a small program which does so.

Any help is aprechiated!

Jackolas

the program I use is game maker... I know, it sounds stupid
it has a option to create animation sheets from multiple files and can create multiple files of animation sheets

original the game cost $15 if you want to buy the full version

but I belief the free version can also do this. not 100% sure though
you need to test it out yourself

http://www.yoyogames.com/make

Viviatus

Quote from: Jackolas on March 09, 2009, 04:12:44 am
the program I use is game maker... I know, it sounds stupid
it has a option to create animation sheets from multiple files and can create multiple files of animation sheets

original the game cost $15 if you want to buy the full version

but I belief the free version can also do this. not 100% sure though
you need to test it out yourself

http://www.yoyogames.com/make

Might be an option, but I don't know if the file I get is usable in rmxp/vx. That's what I'd need that thing for anyways, I should have said so.

Blizzard

If you get a .png file, it should work without problems.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Viviatus

What I'm worried about is whether game maker can handle unlimited frames and if it arranges then in that cut together file the way that rmxp can handle them as well...

Fantasist

I'm not sure, but I think it can. Just try it out.

PS: You know, you could script something in RMXP. There are scripts to save a bitmap in PNG format, right? Just extract the frames, make a script to arrange the specified PNG files and save the output.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Viviatus

Ah, thing is: I can't script :-P Hence I'm asking for help!

Fantasist

OK. I'll do it for you. I'm assuming that the output files are all png files and each image is 192x192 pixels. The idea is that you should put the frames of one animation in it's folder. Then you specify the folder names in the config and the animation sheets will be made. Will that do?
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Viviatus

WHOA? REALLY? Of course that will do! Thanks alot, mate!

Fantasist

It's done done. Just need to look up something regarding path name parsing.

Viviatus

Fantasist

OK. Here it is:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/895nx2

There could still be trouble with large sheets; the game might freeze with a "Script is hanging" error. If you have this problem, I need to remake this using RMVX. Anyway, tell me if you need anything.

Oh, I forgot to include the RGSS102E.dll, but I bet you have it already :D

Viviatus

March 09, 2009, 01:07:03 pm #12 Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 02:06:53 pm by Viviatus
Thanks! I'mma try it out!

EDIT:

Works perfect! With this little tool, I can do original Animations within minutes! *muhahahahhas*

Aqua

*drools*
Woot!

I'd sooo used this, too!
No more (hope I don't jinx it) eye-sore from aligning!!!
Fanta... I LOVE YOU :D

Blizzard

FTS, how about you post this properly? :)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Viviatus

I didn't get any errors so far, and I tried on animations having 80+ frames... This is just too... gnnnnnha...

You're a hero Fanta!

Jackolas

G_G

So whats exactly it do?? Does it take a .gif and take it apart or something?

Aqua

Quote from: Viviatus on March 09, 2009, 03:32:39 am
I've searching the net for weeks now for a little graphic program/tool. In order to make animations more quickly I'd like to have a little tool, that automaticly cuts the single frames into an animationsheet. Since the program I use outputs each frame standalone (exp. fire0001.png, fire0002.png and so on).

So, question is, if anyone knows of such a tool or is able to write a small program which does so.

Any help is aprechiated!

Quote from: Fantasist on March 09, 2009, 11:10:35 am
OK. I'll do it for you. I'm assuming that the output files are all png files and each image is 192x192 pixels. The idea is that you should put the frames of one animation in it's folder. Then you specify the folder names in the config and the animation sheets will be made. Will that do?

So much info can be learned by the magical power of reading!!! -___-

G_G

Yea but my small mind doesnt quite get it. So it does take apart a gif?