Lock-Picking Script

Started by Tazero, March 09, 2009, 04:19:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazero

:^_^': Hello again!
I was hoping someone could make a lock pick script and a possibility of breaking the pick

Hope fully the add-ons could be .... added xD
  • Breakable Lockpick
  • Sound level
  • Compatible with b-abs
  • if sound level too high draws Blizz-Abs enemies towards you.

If this is possible this could be really helpful and thanks!(In advance)

If you were a fish...

Landith

Use Events >.>
This would be so easy with events, well Idk about the hearing thing with BABS but other than that, you could event this easily. In fact there is tons of these requests on RMRK.net, go search there for an event.

Tazero

I did none of them met requirements...

If you were a fish...

Landith

March 09, 2009, 05:46:59 pm #3 Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 05:48:35 pm by Landith
Okay, then lets go step by step shall we?
Okay, now open up RPG Maker XP, Select New project or Open Existing Project, your choice.
Create a common event called lockpick(or whatever you would like to name it) Make sure it's trigger is None
Set a conditional branch to check what the lock picking variable is at, if it's less than 5 then set the percentage of completing a hard lock to 25%(25), to a medium lock to 50%(50) and to an easy lock 75%(75) etc...
Keep going untill you have as much Lockpicking levels as you want.
Now create a new common event called Lockpicking Percentage!
Check the lockpicking percentage in the percentage variable and run a random variable to mix up the completion variable you need to set
Make it like 1..100, then check if the percentage is above that number given
This will make it were you can break locks
If it's above it then the door unlocks, activating a switch, and increasing the variable [lockpicking level]. If it's below then there is text saying "You broke a lockpick"[Lose lockpick x1], then ask the player if he/she want's to restart
If they do then just call the common event, that easy...

If you don't understand then I'll create a demo for you to demonstrate it. Although I suggest you play with it untill you get it, otherwise half the request boards will have your name on the author and people will just start to ignore it.

If you want help, at least try to make it yourself before you request, because this request is so easy to do.

Starrodkirby86

There is a lockpick script out there.

It's on another site...I can't recall. I remember downloading and I thought it was pretty sweet. It's like another RMXP minigame really.

Why am I delaying the link? I simply don't have it. :P It's either on RMXP.org (High chance) or CreationAsylum. The demo's on the other computer, but it's not available to me.

What I can recall is that you have to turn knobs which moves other knobs. Once all of them are even, ka-bam! You unlocked it. :3 Again, it's a sweet system. :/

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Reno-s--Joker

March 10, 2009, 01:57:21 am #5 Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 01:59:54 am by Reno-s--Joker
Here, Google. :)

Okay, fine. Direct Link.

Not the same as what Kirby suggested, but you could easily add the sounds. Not sure about melding with BlizzABS, but the script's lock pick levelling could help you incorporate the failures and sound-hearing. Although I agree with Landith about it being easier with events. :|
Hope it helps.

Tazero

I'm now thinking about making a sims with this sys... xD
Can someone please move this to the events sectiion?

If you were a fish...