Modern Soldiers....please help!

Started by Seox, March 11, 2009, 06:27:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seox

Hiya. New here.

I'm making a game, post modern. Problem is, I can't find ANY soldier sprites or battlers. Well, lemme elaborate.

I CAN find them.

But they're just NOT RIGHT.

Metal slug is too "farsicle"...too "sarcastic" and over the top.

Anyways, does anyone have any modern soldier sprites or battlers, or could anyone possibly PLEASE try to edit some for me? Preferably in modern army uniforms? (ACU)

I wouldn't mind using edited advance wars infantry for my battle sprites ( I wanna get a CBS, side view), but they're WAY too small, from what I've seen.

Otherwise, I could use a forward to some potential help.

Thank you
... (<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< TEH DOTS OF DOOM. Hey, kinda catchy. :naughty:)

Calintz

To help people out, why not post some reference pictures of what kind of characters you are looking for. Post some pictures that really depict the "modern" feel that you are going for.

Seox

Ok, thanks ^_^

If i'm wrong here, please forgive me. I think you mean actual pictures or etc, as opposed to sprites.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8c/ACU_Soldier2.jpg

http://www.army.com/newsletter/images/acu-new.gif
The bulletproof on the second link should be the same pattern as the camo, if you use the bulletproof.

Helmets are optional. I'd actually like it if you could possibly make one with, one without.

XD, and I need a black guy.

Please and thank you for any and all help ^_^

Jackolas

March 11, 2009, 07:15:25 pm #3 Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 07:22:17 pm by Jackolas
I can probably make some sprites of soldiers.. think i have some basic that only need recolouring.
only question I have, how big should they be? (would love to know a size)
also would wane know how many you need and in what for outfit etc

for the battlers I can't help. am not yet skilled enough to do those with enough quality

also, 1 note.. I'm not that good as Calintz, but probably can create some nice stuff

G_G

http://tkool.jp/products/rpgxp/eng/download.html Its enterbrains example game on there. Download it and it has tons of army soldiers (ok well not tons) and it has army tilesets and what not.

Calintz

Very nice references.
Now I understand what it is you are looking for, Lol.

Seox

Quote from: game_guy on March 11, 2009, 07:17:20 pm
http://tkool.jp/products/rpgxp/eng/download.html Its enterbrains example game on there. Download it and it has tons of army soldiers (ok well not tons) and it has army tilesets and what not.

Downloading it to try it now, but on first glance, it being 2077, I'm guessing that it's not in the uniforms that I posted.

That is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. The story is aimed at highest realistic nature possible.

Still, I might be wrong, so checking now. Even then I could use the tilesets.

Thank you very much ^_^

@Jack
Not sure what dimensions they are, but whatever the normal sprites are. I could use a normal sheet like that, with all directions. If you have the time, I could also use a sprint version, too. I wanna implement that system soon. Not sure if you mean battlers like the standard, but side view CBS battlers are usually pretty similar to sprites. You might be able to. Either way, i'd be OVERJOYED to have your help ^_^

Anyone and everyone who helps gets put in credits.

Thank you all ^_^

Jackolas

depends on what side view CBS battlers you gone use.

at the moment I use a CBS that uses the walk sprites..
a name of the script you would use for the CBS will help :P

Seox

Honestly? I'm not sure yet. Any ideas, based on the following criteria?

I want to be able to edit weapons into the battlers's hands, so that they hold different things based on equipment.
I also want the CBS to be highly compatible with other scripts.

Got any suggestions?

Otherwise, I have no preferences, so....

I'll try to go looking for one.

Calintz

Well,
I am using Minkoff's Animated Battlers, and so far, it has been compatible with everything, and has every feature you want, plus more.

Seox

THank you ^_^

My only worry there is that soldiers of the type i'm looking for are literally nonexistant. Animated battlers would be even rarer. If I could do it, I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT...how could I make it work?

Thanks for the info

G_G

Use this battle system. If you ever do find soldier character sets than use this. It changes the weapon depending on the Icon. And it takes a little bit of editing to make the weapon a gun not a lot like one line of code that it says in the topic. But yea it changes the weapon the character holds depending on teh weapons icon.

It makes it where you dont have to use Animated Battlers but the character sets itself.
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24608&hilit=starter+pack

Seox

March 11, 2009, 08:35:35 pm #12 Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 08:48:11 pm by Seox
How exactly do I program weapons into the graphic changer?

Also, as soon as I get in a fight, it crashes and says "can't find graphics/pictures/num)

Wtf?

Please help.

Otherwise, great battler ^_^

G_G

Go to the database, then click on Weapons, then double click Icon and change the icon to whatever.

Jackolas

QuoteAlso, as soon as I get in a fight, it crashes and says "can't find graphics/pictures/num

look into the demo and see what pictures there are in the graphic folders.

also.. if your planning to use a CBS its advised you know a little about changing the script (ore have someone helping you who knows it.)
CBS are the hardest to start with adding to your game if you don't know how the script works... especial if you wane go outside the normal game play (not using swords and melee weapons)

I myself also uses the Rye.jp's CBS and its great, but not 1 of the most easy kind of script, and i already use a good 20 hours to change it to the way I like

Tazero

OFF TOPIC: ShowHide
G_G i love you, great resource suggestion now DMQ can go on!

If you don't like the colors i can redo the colors if you want.

If you were a fish...

Seox

Shadonking

he is trying to say when the sprites are done if you want any of the colores changing he will change them for you.

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

legacyblade

I found a more user friendly side veiw battle system similar to Rye.jp's (I found it while looking for Rye.jp's), if you're interested (since everyone is talking about that right now)

find it here

http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25504&st=0&start=0

Seox

March 12, 2009, 07:07:11 pm #19 Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 07:36:51 pm by Seox
thank you very much ^_^

EDIT:

Downloaded it. LOVE it, and it's MUCH EASIER.
However, got several "missin file" errors. Easily fixed by transplanting files. Finally, got to an error saying "Unable to find graphics/characters/"

I clearly have that file.
Wtf?

Nvm