request for Hit sounds please?

Started by Makasu, March 13, 2009, 08:18:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Makasu

Introduction:

Howdy. I'm opening this up to fill a request. I believe NAMCKOR said that I should request a script so thats what I'm doing. :D
Anyways I was hoping one of the many talented scripters on here could possibly help me in scripting me a small addon for BABS that would add a sound effect for when the player or enemies are hit. IE: if the player is hit the game will play whatever sound you specify it to play for the player and vice versa for enemies.

Information about how I would like it to work:

Well I would like it to be able identify if the different players being hit. Actor 0,1,2,3 etc. each one to have a different sound effect that could be played if they were hit. As well as for the monsters. Like if a ghost gets hit it'll play a different sound effect vs if say a dog was hit. Just for an added effect of

If that makes any sense?

What I would like it to do:

Be able to set up and define different sound effects for different enemies and players configurable through script to play when the enemie is detected as being "hit" in BABS

def self.hitsound(id)
      case id
      when 1 then return ('060-Cheer01', 80, 100) # Hunter
      when 2 then return ('060-Cheer01', 80, 100) # Basilisk
      when 3 then return ('060-Cheer01', 80, 100) # Sahagin
      end

and possibly for the player:

def self.hitsound(id)
      case id
      when 1 then return ('grunt', 80, 100) # Actor in position 001 in the database
      when 2 then return ('hit', 80, 100) # Actor in position 002 in the database
      when 3 then return ('060-Cheer01', 80, 100) # Actor in position 003 in the database
      when 4 then return ('060-Cheer01', 80, 100) # Actor in position 004 in the database
      end

and so forth

How I would like it to work:

-Able to define a sound effect for each actor and/or enemy configured through either BABS script or defined in its own seperate plug-in using the following methods:
('FILENAME', VOLUME, PITCH)

'FILENAME' - the name of the file that is played when the player or enemy is hit 'grunt' being an example
'VOLUME' - Being the volume of the filename that is played when the player/enemy is hit. 0-150 being the highest I think RMXP allows for volume?
'PITCH' - the same as volume. See volume for additional information.

Additional Information:

For the player I feel it would be best if it were tied to the ID specified in the database as to prevent confusion as to whose in the lead and just playing the sound effect for the actor in Position 0 instead of 1 in the database. That way if the lead character you are currently playing with isn't a male then wouldn't want a female having a male grunt. So to keep confusion down to an all time low it just be best to tie it to the actors DATABASE ID instead of the PLAYER ID I think it is?

I'm not necessarily looking for an add-on to the blizzabs.config exe because I don't use that really just a hopefully simple plug-n-play script.

End notes/Thanks:

Now I'm not entirely sure if such a thing is possible. But seeing as how I posses little/no scripting knowledge of my own I turn to the community with the hopes that maybe they can assist me in my dilemma so any help is greatly appreciated to the fullest.

[shameless plug]And seeing as how no good deed goes unnoticed I would be willing to exchange artistic services for any assitance provided to me.[/shameless plug]

Many thanks in advance like I said.

-Makasu

Dead on Arrival is the name of my project. Topic thread coming sooner or later.

Me on deviantart.com
My talents: ShowHide

• Spriting
  • drawing
  • html coding
  • website design
  • skating
             PM now for a personal quote!
[[Will draw character art for you for $$$ or scripts!]]