[XP]CARJES(Calintz's Advanced Running/Jumping Event System)

Started by Calintz, March 15, 2009, 09:42:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

March 15, 2009, 09:42:34 pm Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 10:48:21 pm by Calintz16438
CARJES(Calintz's Advanced Running/Jumping Event System)
Version: 1.0
Type: Movement Ability Enhancement(Additional Controls)

Introduction
I was compelled to create this event system, because I don't use BABS or any script with a built in running and jumping system. I have created this system to be EXTREMELY customizable. Please don't get discouraged upon looking at the event code itself. It really isn't as bad as it seems...

Features

• FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE

• Run AND Jump using one equipped item

• Run AND Jump upon possession of an item in your party's inventory

• Run AND Jump at free will upon the activation of one switch

• Run OR Jump using SEPARATE equipped items

• Run OR Jump upon possession of SEPARATE items in your party's inventory

• Run OR Jump at free will upon the activation of SEPARATE switches

Screenshots
You can't tell whether or not the player is running or jumping in a screenshot, so please download the DEMO if you have the extra time on your hands.

Demo
Megaupload:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5B66JHNS
Sendspace:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/59007l

Instructions
Event Code - Spoiler
Spoiler: ShowHide

Credits and Thanks

• Calintz16438

Author's Notes
This system uses 12switches, but don't worry...YOU only need to configure a max of 4of those switches XD.

Starrodkirby86

Nice acronym. I assume you'll fix the <> brackets soon?

But really, nice acronym. CARJES. Haha...xD Great.

I can't wait to see footage of this.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Landith

It's about time!
Why does it still have some of the template on it though  :huh:

Calintz

March 15, 2009, 09:47:10 pm #3 Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 09:49:43 pm by Calintz16438
Because I was afraid of timing out, and I hadn't finished creating the thread. It's up though XD.

Is there anyway that I can show the entire image, because it is not really that small.

Starrodkirby86

Is the event code supposed to be resized? If not, please do change it. I would like to see it (I guess).

I'll assume everything is canon and great. After all, it's from the mighty Calintz. :P

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Calintz

The DEMO is pretty solid, I just can't figure out how to NOT resize that picture...
**The real dimension are: 740 x 13739!!

Starrodkirby86

It's Photobucket. They have a cap or a limit for the size of certain pictures.

You would need to use another image site...

Try Imageshack? It might work...Might I say. If not, use something from Google. :P

Calintz

March 15, 2009, 09:56:58 pm #7 Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 10:02:13 pm by Calintz16438
Okay, let me try it.
Lol, no good Star, no good.

Landith

Yeah, Imageshack works!

Just copy the thumbnail into the forum then erase the parts that say ".th".png
Not the png part though.

It says the dimensions are 32x6000...
Try using separate images...

Calintz

Starrodkirby86

Try using this site:
http://www.imageuploadsite.com/

Or other sites on Google. If not, then yes, separate all the images. (Which can be a pain in the arse)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=image+upload+site&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

Look about. :P

We'll just see what happens. *cough*

Calintz

March 15, 2009, 10:29:53 pm #11 Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 10:49:45 pm by Calintz16438
Well, I have already split the image, so I am gonna try Imageshack real quick. If this fails, then I will try your searches.

**Alright, everything is fixed...
**However, I still suggest that you download the DEMO for the full exp. XD!!

Reno-s--Joker

Downloading... will report back in a while though. D:
However, from what I read it sounds good and potentially quite useful ... :)

Sorry, I think I already powered you up today and 42 is such a nice number.... :shifty:

Calintz

HAHA!! That's okay.
'power doesn't create the being... ... ...' << Calintz trying to be all philosophical.

I'm looking forward to your report XD

Reno-s--Joker

March 16, 2009, 02:42:56 am #14 Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 02:44:43 am by Reno-s--Joker
Haha, well here it is:
Basically it's awesome. Seems to work well and I haven't found any bugs in the demo (except for the fact that I can WALK ON WATER!!!1!) which is essentially THE most important thing in an event system. I especially like how you can easily disable it so you can't go running and jumping in shops. :D

Oh and what happens when you refuse Calintz16438's help.... :naughty:

EDIT: Oh yay, I managed to power you up anyways. :xD:

Calintz

Lol, you burn and die...
But yeah, there will be updates eventually, but right now I am busy with enhancing CAIIES.