*THIS IS UNIQUE* Weapon customization script

Started by Seox, March 16, 2009, 11:11:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seox

Hiya.

Firstly, I've constructed a screenshot HERE:

Spoiler: ShowHide

To show you what I need. yes, i frankensteined a screenshot together and added text to show what I'm looking for. Again, that IS NOT REAL. It's what I NEED. I just photoshopped that into existance.

Ok, I'm wanting to be able to use this as a vendor/shop guy. In other words, I walk up and someone goes:

Text: wanna customize?
Show choices: yes, no
If yes:
THIS SYSTEM
If no
(nothing)

Alright. I pretty much just want a GIANT window that says  "Weapon Customization" at the top, 3 columns of choices in the body, and at the bottom, the description for the choice. That's the easy part.

Alright, the easiest way for both of us is this:

Make each choice call a common event. That way I can do all the extra work, and easily go:
Conditional branch (Items needed)-
If yes: Ok, gimme money
if no- you don't have enough money.

However, when it comes to stacking addons, I don't wanna do 50 million conditional branches to let you add on more than one item. You can only have one frontal addon (like a bipod) , one upper (like a scope), one barrel (extended barrel), and one barrel attachment (laser sight, or surpressor). Think about that amount of conditional branches. That's IMPOSSIBLY long for me. Is there any way to simplify this, using scripts? If possible, just make something where the weapon gets a stat bonus, without it being a different weapon, if the conditional branches in the common event succeed, and the weapon's name is changed.(Parenthesis not included in the game) Like "Desert Eagle [LS(laser sight), EB (Extended barrel), S (Scope)]. It would also be useful if you could somehow make it so that certain weapons could not use certain attachments. If you see ANY option for making this work, then i'm game. I don't care for the method, just the results, and I know that this will be complex. You don't HAVE to have all of the options above. Nor is that all. I'd like it if the script used many comments, and allowed me to program in whatever options and results.

Also, the "Refinish" option above, IF POSSIBLE, would just recolor the weapon's ICON. Again, if possible, none of these edits would change the database's weapon. If asked, the game would give you the same ID weapon- it'd just have better stats. A "strip all upgrades" option, would be nice, too.

Please post back with feedback, comments, help, questions, or if you would like to give it a shot. Also, even a "this is/isn't possible" would be nice.

As always, please and thank you VERY MUCH ^_^.
... (<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< TEH DOTS OF DOOM. Hey, kinda catchy. :naughty:)