Cateia Games

Started by Blizzard, March 19, 2009, 10:59:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sally

i know, but it still goes passed what you say...

Punn

March 23, 2009, 06:47:25 am #21 Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 06:50:01 am by Punn
I have to be a big influence to make the words I say to be passed on.. I already moved on.. like I did with "Sandwich fairy"

Back to the friggen topic...

Can you please any of these on Wii/X360?

Blizzard

LOCV and Tibor are both currently being ported onto Mac and iPhone. A Wii version is possible, but an XBox version might take a while as we don't have the license yet. ._.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sally

GAX

*Cheers for Blizzy, and gives Sally a cookie.  Then he looks at Mummerbot with a glare, calls him a ripoff artist and a meaniehead and kicks him in the shin.*

This is pretty awesome man.  And I'd agree, I wanna actually do game design for a living and wouldn't want someone stealing my games...I mean, sure, I've been given free games by friends (*cough* Oblivion *cough cough*), and it's no secret that I've gained a few games without paying for them (yet), but these are either vaporware or VERY hard to obtain imports.

Still, if the game is fun, I will pay for it eventually when I have the money.  In the case of a game made by Blizzy or a group he works for/with, I'd pay for it just to keep him fed and clothed. ^_^

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Punn

*Shoots GAX in the shins with a shotgun* A rip off artist...?

Anyways, there's a good reason why some people steal games, cuz they can't afford em, but unlike me, I spend a portion of the money by purchasing used/unwanted games..

So.. yeah... I'm a good influence...

Blizzard

Kreso mentioned us in the Interview. <3
http://www.hcl.hr/intervjui.php?TekstID=78&select=
Try a translator if you are interested in the interview in general.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Nice, nice... I'll have to try some demos sometimes.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

G_G

I really like the demo blizz. I might end up buying one of those games with my allowance.

tSwitch

it looks like YOU could use a new website design

and I know JUST the freelance designer who could do it for you ;)

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

*scratches his shaved off beard* Hm... :hm: I could ask Kreso what he thinks about it. I'll get back to you if something turns out.

tSwitch

Quote from: Doris on April 13, 2009, 03:26:31 pm
*scratches his shaved off beard* Hm... :hm: I could ask Kreso what he thinks about it. I'll get back to you if something turns out.

I'd be more than willing to get off my freelance ass if he wants a good job done (and if I'd, of course, be compensated for the aforementioned awesomeness)

Blizzard

Kreso said that we already have a designer, sorry.

tSwitch

Quote from: Doris on April 14, 2009, 03:34:59 am
Kreso said that we already have a designer, sorry.

awwwww.
I bet if you outsourced to me here in America, you'd actually SAVE money :V

computerwizoo7

so Cateia Games looks like a pretty good game development company.
Hmm... if you work in a company which is working on games to be released then how do you find time being here?

Blizzard

You wouldn't believe how good I organize my time. I even find the time to actually have a social life and spend time on my other hobbies like music.
And besides due to college and classes I can work only 2 days a week. I'll start skipping a class (where the prof is terrible and if you listen to his bullshit, you start losing knowledge) so I will work 3 days a week starting from next week. I also (usually) don't work during exams like the last and this week. I said "usually" because I did work on tuesday and wednesday last week.

computerwizoo7

thats pretty cool because i'm ... never mind me.  :roll:

Fantasist

QuoteYou wouldn't believe how good I organize my time. I even find the time to actually have a social life and spend time on my other hobbies like music.

I'm in desperate need to learn how to do that :o

QuoteI'll start skipping a class (where the prof is terrible and if you listen to his bullshit, you start losing knowledge)

So it's a global phenomenon, huh? I thought it mostly happened only in community...
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

fugibo

I'm probably gonna start skipping College Algebra... I hate that guy. Well, not him, per se -- he's pretty smart, charismatic, you know, an okay guy in general. But as for the class, it's blasphemous. There's no logic or challenge whatsoever, just rote memorization of basic methods (I can factor quadratics with a leading coefficient greater than one in my head, take that "magic number method!"), and I hate it. Fortunately, I'm taking AP Cal next year with one of the best teachers ever in MS, so yeah... just biding time, getting credits.

Any way, is this company mainly arcade games, or what? And is it anything like a certain Croatian studio famous for its famous shooter that resembles a famous Did-Not-Finish game?

Blizzard

May 28, 2009, 04:54:51 pm #39 Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 04:56:31 pm by Blizzard
We're currently focused onto casual games because bigger publishers don't like independent developers. ._. But as soon as we get an XBox license (since XBox Live skips the publisher part in game releasing) and as soon as we raise enough money to buy the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS developers hardware (and XBox hardware of course), we're spreading onto the consoles market. Just today kreso received a call that we got the iPhone license which means an iPhone port of Tibor very soon. >:3

And we're not going to make the same mistakes as Croteam. Those guys didn't even make much money with the Serious Sam series while the publishers got most of the money. Last thing I heard about them is that they are outsourcing. :/