[XP] Game Guy's Custom Message System

Started by G_G, March 21, 2009, 05:16:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackolas

yeah.. was working on almost rebuilding the whole script till I ran into that nil problem.
have it that if you link the item/skill it automatics add the icon in frond of it. thinking of adding also a option to automatic change colour so its easier to see in the text.

also.. I'm not 100% sure if I can get it to work in full glory... my scripting skills are pretty bad.

megaman30796

ok. 1 question. how do i put the name of the character into the dialog box depending on it's party position.
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: megaman30796 on January 22, 2011, 04:33:34 am
ok. 1 question. how do i put the name of the character into the dialog box depending on it's party position.

If you want the first person in the party to be named or something, then you can actually do this without any external scripts.

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,164.0.html

Just read Section 3, The Power of Variables, and a.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).