Picture help

Started by Cid, March 22, 2009, 05:33:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cid

I'm positive that I've done this before, but it's just escaped me completely. How can I set a picture to act like a HUD, in that it's always present on the screen?

[Using RPG Maker XP]

G_G

just display the picture on any x and y location and it'll stay on that same spot even if you start scrolling the map.

Cid

Ah, so simple. Many thanks.

Might as well use this thread for another picture-related question: how can I import pictures which gradually fade to nothing? I'll use this picture from Ccoa's Universal Message System as an example:

Spoiler: ShowHide

It seems to involve some computer-based witchery which I don't understand. If I take the file straight from the UMS demo and import it into another project, it will bypass the transparency/translucency settings and the picture will display as shown. But it won't work like that with images I create.  :<_<:

Zylos

If you're asking how to create those types of images, you should probaby learn to use GIMP or Photoshop or Paint.NET a little. All it is is a fading gradient over a transparent background. If you don't create it to be transparent like Ccoa did with that image, you'll have to set the transparency when you import the image. If it's a PNG image, it'll ask you to do that automatically.

Cid

Hmm, okay. I've now got Paint.NET and done all that, but it won't let me save the image as any file type supported by RMXP without "flattening" the image, removing the backround and bringing me back to square one.

Landith

Okay, here is a small tut

Spoiler: ShowHide

create a new layer

delete the background layer

set the secondary color to transparent

set the primary color to your choice

gradient --> (Pick one)

Make your gradient

Save as .png file

Name it

Click Save

Import it to your game

Pressssto! You have an image with transparency!

Starrodkirby86

And even at that, you technically don't even need to import it to the game. If the file already has transparency, I'm sure you can simply paste it into whatever respective folder the thing belongs in.

At least I think...

I will check. I'm sure it's correct though.

Yeah...It should be right. Unless I brain farted or something.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Cid

Mr. Landith, I thank ye.