Blizz ABS Arcade (Blizz ABS Example Game)

Started by G_G, March 22, 2009, 11:04:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

March 22, 2009, 11:04:49 am Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 04:16:29 am by game_guy
Blizz ABS Arcade (Blizz ABS Example Game)

Completed

What is Blizz ABS Arcade?

Blizz ABS Arcade is going to be another example of how Blizz ABS can be used. Now you might be thinking "What about Star Wars though? Are you going to stop working on it?" Unfortunately yes. Only because It was wiped off my hard drive from an unexpected magnet touching my laptop.
    Blizz ABS Arcade will not only just be one example game, it'll have 3-5 different ones. Not like full huge games with stories and stuff. Small arcade type games hence the "Arcade". Blizz ABS Arcade has already started production.

What Games do you plan on making?

Good question that I just asked myself. xD

Anyways one game I will be making is going to be like Gauntlet with 8-bit graphics. If you would like to see some screenies check further below.

Another one I will be making is going to be like Castle Crashers. A fun side scrolling game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhPHRm-kJ5w Thats a video of gameplay for castle crashers. I dont have any screenies for what it will look like in my game because I am working on Gauntlet.

This type of game I'm sure is familiar to all (or at least most) Space Invaders! Not sure what it is check here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqyKpJwk29o This has no screenies either for I am working on Gauntlet first.

And I am still thinking about another one but thats in the planning stages the others are pretty much already planned out.

Screenies

Here are some screenies from Gauntlet.
Spoiler: ShowHide
Here is the knight character standing near some monsters.

Here we have the Wizard trying to shoot a fireball at the monster but noobishly missing.

This map is 100x50

Credits

• game_guy ~ Project Leader/Game Programmer
  • Blizzard ~ For of course Blizz ABS *hence the name of the game* lol it rhymes.
  • Ephiam ~ For his dragon fantasy graphics (hope he doesnt mind but his emails hidden so I can't ask him)
  • Landith ~ For making the fireball and making Gauntlets title screen.
  • Chaze007 ~ For making the main spaceship for Space Invaders. Also making a laser for the ship.
  • shdwlink ~ For making Guantlets custom damage algorithms.
  • Susys ~ For making the three aliens for Space Invaders.
  • winkio ~ For making blizz abs touch damage.

Downloads

Download
Post any bugs please!!!

Other Things

Keep an eye out on this topic because I wont stop until it is finished! And hopefully Gauntlet will be done soon and a demo will be released.

Completed Games

Gauntlet Adventures is Completed
    Space Invaders is Completed

RoseSkye

:) *DL's*

I'll play it later.. right now I'm going to do other stuff.

Tazero

I'll help out  :evil:
8-bit like nintendo?

If so....i'mma need the alignment grid.

If you were a fish...

G_G

RoseSkye how the hell *excuse my language* can you download it when theres no download?

Meta if you can do 8-bit spaceships for me I'd be grateful and I found a Zombie Sprite for you to if you want it I'll pm it to you and what do you mean by alignment grid? Its just like a regular rmxp character set just 8-bit colors

Aqua

Mmm...
The HUD and Minimap look weird against an 8-bit environment.
I suggest you mod them to make em more 8-bit... :P

And heh... I'm also making a quick Blizz-ABS arcade game o.o
Mmm... It's gonna be a mini-game in my full game, but I couldn't resist the chance to release it as a full-fledged short game...
(Hopefully, I can solve the problem with my HUD and work on the rest of it >.<)

G_G

They do look wierd I know but I'm not good with minimaps or huds. :( which sucks but oh well anyways

*updates* more screenies from gauntlet

Tazero

March 22, 2009, 12:15:44 pm #6 Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 12:18:26 pm by MetaKnight
I need the grid so i can make a shit for you like Asteroids style?

EDIT: Does it need guns?

If you were a fish...

G_G

Well will this work than? if not I'll make a grid for you I dont have one right now and the main ship needs a gun yes but dont make it look too realistic because its 8-bit

Tazero

Ok i'm making the ship with the Arshes example on tjtoolkit or w/e but yea i erase arshes you'll haver to cut/paste/crop the image to your liking.

If you were a fish...

G_G

RoseSkye

March 22, 2009, 12:29:32 pm #10 Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 12:30:57 pm by RoseSkye
Quote from: game_guy on March 22, 2009, 11:41:29 am
RoseSkye how the hell *excuse my language* can you download it when theres no download?

Meta if you can do 8-bit spaceships for me I'd be grateful and I found a Zombie Sprite for you to if you want it I'll pm it to you and what do you mean by alignment grid? Its just like a regular rmxp character set just 8-bit colors

I meant later? Jeez can a guy make a typo without someone getting their panties in a bunch?

I looked at the screen and reserved my DL based on the old sprites.  I was on my way out the door when I made the post so excuse me if I didn't know there was a friggin download, buddy.

Tazero

The main page to XP, the resource example.

If you were a fish...

G_G

jeez rosesky dont need to go all out on me  :<_<:
I was just asking a simple question I didnt mean it like this
HOW THE HELL CAN YOU DONWLOAD SOMETHING IF THERE ISNT A DOWNLOAD?!?!?!
I meant it more like sarcasm or something

Tazero

If you were a fish...

G_G

thanks meta *powers up* you really need it lol and I'll add you to the credits now

Tazero

If you were a fish...

Starrodkirby86

A few things.

1. The original Gauntlet had WAY more enemies at once that you had to battle.

So I recommend you to add more enemies or giant battle bludgeonings with those enemies.

2. The fire projectile has a few white spots. Please remove that and make it transparent.

3. The graphics inconsistency may get you on the back later so see if there's anything you can do about it. Of course, if it seems awesome in-game then it'll be kept with no problems. But...we'll just see how you have everything later. See, inside the castle works fine...since it's from Dragon Warrior and your guys are basically from that. But the other one isn't as fine since it's not (Unless Dragon Warrior finally decided to make that sort of stuff...) Oh, and those rocks you put in the dungeon are actually mountains outside in the game. :xD:

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

G_G

March 22, 2009, 01:09:21 pm #17 Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 01:56:02 pm by game_guy
Lol yea I noticed the rock thing. There will be way more enemies dont worry :P Gauntlet is going through its "mapping stage" is all. Then I'll add everything else I need when I have enough maps for the game. *updated credits again*

EDIT 1: *updates again* new screenie

EDIT 2:*updates credits again*

RoseSkye

Quote from: game_guy on March 22, 2009, 12:35:08 pm

This.

Landith

Quote from: game_guy on March 22, 2009, 12:35:08 pm

This :/