Chaos Project Collab - Nightmare of Obsidian

Started by GAX, March 24, 2009, 02:33:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

March 24, 2009, 02:33:54 am Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 01:25:38 pm by LovelyAngel27
Yeah, so here's the deal...

I wanna make a pretty crazy project.  It shouldn't take too long to make, in fact I want it to be sorta short, but be decent.

So here's what I'm looking to do:
This project will be made in either RPG Maker XP or VX, depending on what everyone's comfortable with.

If we work with XP, then this will more than likely be a Blizz ABS project.

The game will be Mission Based, with split storylines and multiple endings (this is to be a fairly large factor of the game).

Those who are interested, just write in the following in this post:

Pen Name: Self Explanatory
Specialty: Scripting, Writing, Artist
Preferred Engine: VX or XP
Preferred Environment: DBS, ABS, RTAB, etc.

This is just to give those of us who are either having HORRIBLE writers blocks, too much spare time, or just wanna try something different.

Hopefully this project can be done, I wanna see if we can form a fully functional team as a community.  Not only as RPG Maker users, but as artists and such.

Those who are in:
Scripts and Events Team:
game_guy
shdwlink1993
Aqua
WcW
(Open Slots)

Graphics Team:
MetaKnight (System Graphics [Title, Windowskins, etc.]Removed/Suspended due to ban
Viviatus
Chaze007
(Open Slots)

Writing Team:
GuardianAngelX72
Ultaflame
Diokatsu
Aqua
WcW
Punn
DaxisHeart
(Open Slots)

Mapping Team:
GuardianAngelX72
Susys
ShadowBlaze
(Open Slots)

Current Milestone:  Team Recruitment [Constantly Ongoing]

Next Milestones:
[Stage 1]
Engine Decision (Script and Event Team)
Mission System Design (Script Team)
Character Development (Writing Team)
Menu Graphic Design (Graphic Team & Script Team)
[Stage 2]
Battle System Configuration (Script and Event Team)
Storyline Structure (Writing Team)
Character and Item Design (Graphic Team, Writing Team, and Scripting Team)
[Stage 3]
Eventing and Dialogue Input (Writing Team & Script and Eventing Team)
Battle System Tuning (Script and Eventing Team)
[More to Come]

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

G_G

Pen Name: Game_guy gameguy27@hotmail.com
Specialty: Scripting and Eventing
Levels: Scripting levels are okayish. I can mostly do mods to other scripts. My eventing skills are pretty masterful!
Preferred Engine: XP
Preferred Environment: ABS all the way

shdwlink1993

Looks interesting. Sign me up!

Pen Name: shdwlink1993
Specialty: Scripting
Preferred Engine: Unbiased (In fact, I need to learn more about making scenes in RGSS2, so I guess I'm leaning to VX)
Preferred Environment: DBS
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Tazero

March 24, 2009, 03:52:42 am #3 Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 05:43:53 pm by MetaKnight
Looks interesting. Sign me up too -_-

Pen Name: MetaKnight (Metaxknight@hotmail.com)
Interests: I like to make farfetched stories i've made serious ones and i love to make titles and WS not charsheets i can do icons(Somewhat)
Specialty: Title,Windowskins, writing
Preferred Engine: XP (I luv vx more) but xP
Preferred Environment: Babs

If you were a fish...

GAX

Updated main post with milestones and team information

Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RoseSkye

Quote from: GuardianAngelX72 on March 24, 2009, 02:33:54 am
Yeah, so here's the deal...

I wanna make a pretty crazy project.  It shouldn't take too long to make, in fact I want it to be sorta short, but be decent.

So here's what I'm looking to do:
This project will be made in either RPG Maker XP or VX, depending on what everyone's comfortable with.

If we work with XP, then this will more than likely be a Blizz ABS project.

The game will be Mission Based, with split storylines and multiple endings (this is to be a fairly large factor of the game).

Those who are interested, just write in the following in this post:

Pen Name: Self Explanatory
Specialty: Scripting, Writing, Artist
Preferred Engine: VX or XP
Preferred Environment: DBS, ABS, RTAB, etc.

This is just to give those of us who are either having HORRIBLE writers blocks, too much spare time, or just wanna try something different.

Hopefully this project can be done, I wanna see if we can form a fully functional team as a community.  Not only as RPG Maker users, but as artists and such.

Those who are in:
Scripts and Events Team:
game_guy
shdwlink1993
(Open Slots)

Graphics Team:
MetaKnight (System Graphics [Title, Windowskins, etc.]
(Open Slots)

Writing Team:
GuardianAngelX72
(Open Slots)

Current Milestone:  Team Recruitment [Constantly Ongoing]

Next Milestones:
[Stage 1]
Engine Decision (Script and Event Team)
Mission System Design (Script Team)
Character Development (Writing Team)
Menu Graphic Design (Graphic Team & Script Team)
[Stage 2]
Battle System Configuration (Script and Event Team)
Storyline Structure (Writing Team)
Character and Item Design (Graphic Team, Writing Team, and Scripting Team)
[Stage 3]
Eventing and Dialogue Input (Writing Team & Script and Eventing Team)
Battle System Tuning (Script and Eventing Team)
[More to Come]

Sounds familiar.
So is the 'Collab' an open project that has different people working on it to achieve the goal?

.. or.. like.. only you working on the maps/story but other people working on thing like graphics, scipts, eventing, storyline, etc.

GAX

It's open, this will be a FULL TEAM effort as a collab, so there will be a mapping team too when people sign up.

The name and premise are already decided, but only this part:

Main character is a disgraced knight who is now only seen in a local tavern.  The game revolves around him trying to redeem himself for the kidnapping/death of the king's only son 17 years before the story begins by stopping an assassination plot against the royal family.

Pretty simple, but after I get some writers together, it's likely the story may receive HEAVY tweaking, and may not be anywhere near this original idea.

G_G

I'll do my best and if I could I would you like to team up with shdwlink and make an awesome custom menu! Up for it shdw? Gax all you gotta do is make a layout for us and we'll do our best  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

RoseSkye

Quote from: GuardianAngelX72 on March 24, 2009, 12:52:35 pm
It's open, this will be a FULL TEAM effort as a collab, so there will be a mapping team too when people sign up.

The name and premise are already decided, but only this part:

Main character is a disgraced knight who is now only seen in a local tavern.  The game revolves around him trying to redeem himself for the kidnapping/death of the king's only son 17 years before the story begins by stopping an assassination plot against the royal family.

Pretty simple, but after I get some writers together, it's likely the story may receive HEAVY tweaking, and may not be anywhere near this original idea.

*double takes* Yeah.
Okay.. perhaps I shall try to co-pilot this plane from crashing into the twin CP towers.

GAX

Alright, just tell me in what part you'd like to help with, there's still slots for the Writers/Directive Team

Aqua

Pen Name: Aqua
Specialty: Eventing, Writing, Artist (don't expect me to draw too much for this though... >.<)
Preferred Environment: DBS, ABS (Blizz-ABS! :D)

Diokatsu

Pen Name: Diokatsu
Specialty: Dude, really? Writing. I can draw sub-par.
Self-Description: I like metaphorical language, archetypal symbolism and convoluted character designs. I have a taste for the scandal in life. I watch anime. My favorite books are Catcher in the Rye, A Clockwork Orange, and Lolita. I like Chrono Trigger. I also like pineapple.
Preferred Environment: Anything.

Do I need any sort of examples? Contact me on AIM or PM or whatever you want if I do.

GAX

March 25, 2009, 01:50:56 pm #13 Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 01:53:35 pm by GuardianAngelX72
Okay, from what I can see, we'll be using RPG Maker XP rather than VX.

If there's any major objections amongst the team, I'd like you to state so now.

The environment for this project would likely work better as a BlizzABS game, mainly for the mission-based aspect, since this would give a higher level of interactivity.  Once again, any objections will be taken into consideration.

Meta, could you please start working on a title screen.  If the game follows the above mentioned story, then it will take place over the course of a night, so maybe a view of a castle at night.  I'll leave decision on the style to you, just to see what you can come up with.

Script Team, I'll have some work for you soon.  What's needed is a main menu screen, and a Mission Manager (Think Devil May Cry 3, this will not only display the available missions, but ranks for the missions with details (enemies destroyed/enemies remaining, time, specified items collected, etc.), along with allowing the user to replay prior missions.  This also gives a nice opportunity to try out a few custom menu systems, I'll be giving you creative freedom with the style, and the final product will be decided upon by a majority of the team.

Writing Team, we'll be meeting some time in the next week.  IF YOUR SPRING BREAK TAKES PLACE BETWEEN MARCH 29 AND APRIL 4, LET ME KNOW SO I CAN ARRANGE A TIME FOR US TO MEET IN IRC.

If anyone else wants to join up, the more the merrier.

shdwlink1993

Quote from: GuardianAngelX72 on March 25, 2009, 01:50:56 pm
(Think Devil May Cry 3, this will not only display the available missions, but ranks for the missions with details (enemies destroyed/enemies remaining, time, specified items collected, etc.)

I'm just making sure, but the rank for a mission is referring to the difficulty of it, correct?
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

GAX

no, more like a grading system.  but, a difficulty level notifier would be a GREAT idea.  *Gives shdwlink1993 a cookie*

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

GAX

March 25, 2009, 02:08:10 pm #17 Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 02:09:40 pm by GuardianAngelX72
lol, yeah.

*Gives Blizzy a hug and a cookie from the Moderator Cookiejar*

Also, I need more people for the writing/development team.  Including myself, there are 3 people, but I'd like if there were atleast 4 or 5 of us, just so we can bounce ideas around across a wider spectrum and come up with a better storyline.

Tazero

March 25, 2009, 02:59:39 pm #18 Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 03:04:34 pm by MetaKnight
Does everyone here have a MSN? if so we should all im at once...
Edit:
Spoiler: ShowHide

If you were a fish...

RoseSkye

I changed my mind. I actually want to rival this game.