Chaos Project Collab - Nightmare of Obsidian

Started by GAX, March 24, 2009, 02:33:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

I dont get out of school until june 9th ;___;

Umm maybe wip up a list of features for the menu. I have a few already

Each actor gets his own window kinda like stormtronics
Current Mission in a window
and thats all I have for now give me some ideas please.

GAX

Meh, don't worry about scripting just yet, we're getting pissed mostly for story team problems.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Sally

i done everything i was asked to, and metaknight didn't reply about the mapping job i needed.

G_G

Quote from: game_guy on May 20, 2009, 12:14:50 am
I dont get out of school until june 9th ;___;

Umm maybe wip up a list of features for the menu. I have a few already

Each actor gets his own window kinda like stormtronics
Current Mission in a window
and thats all I have for now give me some ideas please.

Ok so I'm not in trouble? Good phew.....

but is there anything you want me to do now?

Sally

im still open for mapping!  if you need anything

GAX

game_guy, you're good for now, and Sally, you're handling this well

I need to see atleast a small amount of work from the storyline team, mainly suggestions on how we start this bitch up...erm...how we start the story that is.

Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Vell

I could come up with somehting. but I want other people to work. The way it's going right now, Gaxxy might as well have just sent a submission to the Service asking for help.

GAX

Yeah, I was considering doing that before thinking up the collab, since I can't exactly do such a project on my own (especially with virtually no knowledge of how to use BABS).

That and I have Chaotic Fury just sitting, and I hope to tackle it over the coming months...probably have my usual demo release in august like I did last year and the year before.

Here's to overloading my schedule!
Alternative Text: ShowHide
HERE'S TO BEING A LAZY FUCK!

fugibo

Sorry, but I'm most likely never gonna get anything done on this project. Something called "Honors Summer College" was sprung on me two days ago, and I'm going to college for the next month, and I'm leaving Monday, so yeah... not much time for Collab :(

Not that I would've helped that much compared with the likes of Ulta and Dio, though, the Story Gods. :P

GAX

Don't stress too bad on it man, I'll have a bit of leeway for that situation, as I know the stresses of shit like that (I dropped out of all honors programs before entering high school, I had a breakdown and completely failed the 8th grade).

When you're free though, try and stop by and give some input, as even a small amount of input is better than none.

GAX

~Obligatory Bump~
So um...any progress people?

Vell

I dunno. I think i was the last to send anything? either way, i'm tryin to give others equal oppurtunity, so I'm not stealin the show here. Also, I'm still hanging back, but there hasn't been any news all week or so.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Vell

Blizzard

There's nobody to blame. This will always happen with RMXP projects collaboration projects. There seems to be an unwritten rule for this.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

no, it's the writing team. there was absolutely no work done there: the writing has to get done before anything else.

GAX

Ulta's right.  I've recieved results from the mapping team, and I've talked with members of the scripting team.  It's just that the writing team is mostly school kids at the moment and they're usually too busy to take like, 10 minutes to read a PM and write a quicky response.

There's almost enough to get the start of the project done, the writing team just needs to get a little more introduction info together and come up with some dialogue for the first few scenes/missions, then I just need the scripting team to send me the Mission Select Menu and someone to configure the BlizzABS stuff.

All in all, it's not dead, but it hasn't truly been born yet, it's still in that whole gestation writing period at the moment.

GAX

Hey, G_g, I just saw your Quest Log script and that's actually a lot like what I was thinking about for a Mission Manager.

The only major difference is the grading system, and the ability to re-do a mission (though this would just call for a teleport to the set mission and setup the mission variables/switches).

G_G

Well you can always set the mission to
$game_items[mission id aka item id].completed = false at teh beginning of redoing a mission.