Chaos Project Collab - Nightmare of Obsidian

Started by GAX, March 24, 2009, 02:33:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

I actually meant for the map itself, since the player might be able to backtrack through the castle (or some maps may be used for multiple missions).

I haven't set that part in stone though, I may just have versions of each map for each mission (though this will increase file size, it makes the maps easier to manage.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

GAX

Alright everyone, how's the progress?

I'm mainly asking the mapping team and the scripting team.

Also, Sally, if you can forward me the bar maps some time soon, that'd be great.

Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Calintz

Just an opinion ...
Having more than one mapper will get messy if their styles at mapping differentiate.

GAX

Yeah, I was thinking of just having them work on sections, pretty much in what the specialize in.  I'm also a mapper but my job will mainly be making the maps looks seamless (keeping the mapper's style but making sure the style flow correctly).

I mainly seeked out Landith because of his work that I've seen is AMAZING, and Sally has some pretty good work too.

Landith

Thanks for the compliment :)

But... I have a problem, Sally gave me Castle Maps to map but I absolutely can't map castles. I always make them too big or too small or I don't put enough decorations... etc...

So, I need new maps to map and Sally will map the castles.

Sorry for the inconvience.

GAX

Alright well...what kinda maps are you good with?

Sally

can you give me a full list of maps to map and ill get them done.

GAX

I'll compose the list in a little bit of what we need for what's been decided upon for the stuff the writing team has come up with.

Also, Landith, I may have a job for you depending on what kinda maps you're good with.

Landith

Hmm... Maps I'm good at:

Churches - Mountains(various kinds) - Forests(Also various kinds) - Deserts - Desert Towns - Swamps - Indoor Maps - Snowy things - Caves

That's about it that I can think of at the moment.

GAX

I may have some work for you in a little bit then...but until then, try practicing with Castle In and Castle Dungeon, just see what you can pull together.

G_G

Ok for my quest script that I made I'll use it for a mission system. Tell me the things you want me to alter and I'll get on it right away.

Landith

Ok, I started on the Castle Dungeon, I didn't know if you wanted it to be a dungeon or a jail cell so I did both. If you want it to be a dungeon then I can finish it if you make a quick layout for me to go by. If you wanted it to just be a jail cell then I'm finished unless you want it to be a huge/big jail or prison.

I'll post some screen shots if you want to look at them.

Now, about the Castle. I tried to do a foyer type thing and Sally said it looks good, but I think it looks to small. I can post it if you want to look at it. I still haven't gotten around the whole foyer idea with RMXP. Because normally foyer's have spiral staircases, magnificent chandeliers, stuff that's too hard to do with RMXP/2D stuff... I can try though of course.

I could try to do like a castle 1F but I'm not sure on the result. I'll keep playing with it and let you know on how it's coming.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner as I wasn't home most of yesterday and today.

Vell

just think of the elaborate excuses you'll have to come up with if you work for an actual company.

BUT BOSS! MY WIFE WAS KIDNAPPED! IT WAS ALL OVER THE NEWS, THEY TRAINED ME TO BE AN ASSASSIN! THE NEWS!

'so?'

it'd be funny to see such a thing happen.

but yeah, i'm not home right now so I can't do anything, either. stress...

GAX

Landith, I need both the dungeon layout and a jail filled with a few cells.  Also, along with the dungeon, think think you could make a sewer layout?  Just a few parts though because I plan to add a few puzzles in the sewer part.

The foyer's mainly gonna be used for boss fights, I'll have more info later on.

I'll have details for you later on G_G, but all I really need for it to be able to do is display the grading factors for each mission (time spent, enemies killed, etc.) and the highest obtained grade for that save file.  It should also have a % mark for completed missions.

G_G

Well for enemies killed use my Babs add on Kill Count.

GAX

It should be the number of enemies killed in a mission::enemies possible (if applicable)

Blizzard

You can reset the variable at the beginning of each mission. :P
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

Yea reset the variable at the beginning of each mission but before that at the end of the mission store the kill count in another variable

Darok

I really dont know if i can but maybe with something i can help.
Pen Name: Darok/Darokkian
Specialty: Event Systems, Maps
Preferred Engine: XP
Preferred Environment: I Like RPG wheres no Figths, But if there are figths, ABS

GAX

Alright, Darok, just a quicky question.  Are you familiar with Castle, Castle In, and Castle Dungeon tilesets from the RTP?  Also, what tilesets are you good with?