Chaos Project Collab - Nightmare of Obsidian

Started by GAX, March 24, 2009, 02:33:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

Writing team is on a temporary hiatus.

Mapping Team:  I need results
Graphics Team:  I'll have some sprite requests soon, but I need examples of your work.
Script Team (G_G especially):  I need ideas towards the Mission Select screen, send them in PMs.

I'm also looking for anyone who (seriously) wants to make music for the project.  Also, if anyone wants to help drag us as far away from the RTP as possible, we need new tilesets.  If you're good with making natural tilesets OR castle tilesets, contact me ASAP.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Kagutsuchi

Pen Name: Kagutsuchi
Specialty: Gfx Artist and possibly mapping (Just don't expect Quintessence quality on the maps. I prefer to do exterior maps)
Preferred Engine: XP
Preferred Environment: ABS

Examples of my works: (Most have been lost due to reinstallation of my computer, or that I never bothered to keep an eye on where I put it, but here is some.)

Icons: ShowHide

Bigger pieces: ShowHide

Logo I made for my guild in age of conan.. (the logo contest is still going on)

Map over the world in my game, the Eternal Saga, that I made using photoshop.

Title screen for my rmxp side project, World Destruction. (Obvious plot is obvious)

The Eternal Saga title screen

(Warning, some big pics)
Maps: ShowHide

Starting village in the Eternal Saga

Market Square in the main city in the Eternal Saga

For more screenshots of maps I've made you can visit my rmxp project topics..
The World R:3 (Which I stopped working on due to the fact that I had absolutely no idea regarding the plot, but I have a demo with around 2 hours of playtime, and I have been thinking about returning to it.)

The Eternal Saga (Still being worked on, but this time I have the plot all figured out ^^)

Blizzard

The last two title screens look very nice.

The mapping might need some improvement, but I see that you just need to adjust your style a bit. It was the same with me.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Kagutsuchi

June 23, 2009, 05:33:46 pm #203 Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 06:00:36 pm by Kagutsuchi
I know they are not the best, but in my opinion there exists a magic timelimit which is directly propotional with the size of the map, which tells you how long you should be working on a map before continuing to create some actual gameplay. One of my main problems with the Quintessence (the rmxp game with the most beautiful maps I have seen) is the endless amount of brickwall flowers preventing me from going anywhere, which in my opinion breaks the flow of the game. It is good to have beautiful maps, but when they become hard to navigate through due to too many flowers preventing you from going in a straight line something is very wrong.

Blizzard

I totally agree with you there. I've seen way too much overcrowded maps where I couldn't move properly because an NPC got into my way. I like to keep it smaller, too, but not THAT small. I usually leave between 3 and 5 tiles for movement which is just enough to make the map look nice and make the player have to avoid a few obstacles sometimes rather than leaving maps too empty. Just a suggestion, though. As I said, in time you will rework your map, trust me. I did the same thing with an old map of mine today. I reworked it because it was simply too empty. There was not enough junk on the floor. xD

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Kagutsuchi

While you're at it remake the first forest you get to in chaos project if you haven't done it already and just not added it in the latest demo, cause it is not pretty :P

Blizzard

I redid that forest a long time ago. It's just not in the demo.

If you mean the Forest of Illusions, that's the one I was talking about in my post before. xD

Kagutsuchi

Yeah, good, because the moment I saw that map I showed it to my friend, who is also somewhat into rmxp, as an example of bad mapping xP

Blizzard

Not really that bad, but definitely not good. They were my first forest maps after all and I never redid them.

winkio

I'm somewhat curious as to what happened to this.  I totally missed it, of course, but reading over it, I saw potential and momentum.  Is it abandoned or still going?

acebelowzero

July 28, 2009, 03:52:08 pm #210 Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 04:28:14 pm by Aqua
Pen Name: Acbelowzero -Acebelowzero22@gmail.com-
Specialty: Writing, Artist,Sounds
Preferred Engine: XP is just fine
Preferred Environment: B ABS

I think putting your site here for the sole purpose of flaunting it is still considered advertising...
Whats up!
Vist www.dexia.tk and we will host your very own created games!
Thanks.