RGSS2

Started by Calintz, January 23, 2008, 03:27:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

What the heck is that??
Is there a new version of the RGSS that I don't know about yet!!??

Blizzard

RGSS 2 is the language used in RMVX. It is about the same as RGSS, but it has some different classes and the old classes work now differently. I suppose Enterbrain also did something against the lag as I heard.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

That's interesting, but does that mean that scripts will need to be modified a bit, in order to work??

Sally

Yes, i do beleve so. for further infomation please wait for blizzard to reply as he is clearly knows more about this then i do.

Blizzard

January 23, 2008, 03:42:10 pm #4 Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 03:42:53 pm by Blizzard
Yes. Larger scripts will most likely not be completely compatible. Very small scripts might work, though. It all depends on how the scripts are structured, I didn't install RMVX yet as I haven't payed for it yet, so I'm likely not to know what is different. Most probably I will never buy it.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

Honetsly...I don't think I'll ever buy it either....

Nortos

yeah, same but I heard that RGSS2 is a lot easier to script with new built in classes and that sounds intruiging to me :P

Blizzard

Hm... I'll see what I can find out a bit later. I might use the RGSS200E.dll instead of RGSS102E.dll for CP. I mean, if it's possible to have RMVX's power in RMXP, why not?

Nortos

I also like some interior tiles not exterior and yeah I like the sound of that a bit but I wouldn't if all my scripts in game became fault :P

Sally

Blizzard

Sure, the Japanese version is out already. The English one is supposed to come out during February.

Sally

oh, will there be a free version? like pke? becouse i am much too poor to pay for it.

Blizzard

There already is a "free" and illegal version just like PKE is. In fact, I posted it in the RM Discussion section.

Calintz

You said if you could harness the power of VX in RMXP, you would, right!?
- Well, what exactly would that accomplish?? Would it just make life easier for you, or would you actually be able to develope new and improved master scripts??

Sally

i downloaded it and its still japanzise.

Nortos

scripts would hmm probably be about a quarter to a third more easy than atm and also yeah some more things would be possible and probably a fair bit less lag because of in built classes. I'm also thinking of using vx interior tilesets in rmxp they're pretty nice looking

Dark Dragon

Meh u pplz it's just liak RGSS the only MAJOR change is the Scene_Base class,
Give me any script it should take me about 10 minutes to convert it >_>

Nortos

I think i heard that there were a lot more classes added and a fair few were updated try for yourself, hmm...convert one of Blizz's scripts if wnt

Blizzard

Convert Blizz-ABS and Tons of Add-ons. :V

Anyway, as far as I know so far (lol) RGSS200E.dll has some useful extras that could come in handy like a blur effect if I'm not wrong. If not anything else, than the decreased lag would be good. But I don't know any details.

Fantasist

QuoteYou said if you could harness the power of VX in RMXP, you would, right!?
- Well, what exactly would that accomplish?? Would it just make life easier for you, or would you actually be able to develope new and improved master scripts??

QuoteAnyway, as far as I know so far (lol) RGSS200E.dll has some useful extras that could come in handy like a blur effect if I'm not wrong. If not anything else, than the decreased lag would be good. But I don't know any details.

Yeah, Blur is one effect I'm after and there's an other effect. I don't know if it's in the trailer video but the battle background moves like waves and it's pretty laggy to pull that stunt off in RGSS1xx dlls. And screenshot function is inbuilt. There might be other interesting features. I think they did major improvements to the Bitmap class and the Graphics module. Probebly even Audio, but I'm not sure about anything. I guess I'll wait, maybe I'll use RGSS2xx dll in my game too, if it's worth it. I mean, i'm definitely not going to use it only for the screenshot function for example.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews