Multi-Page Battle Result Windows [XP]

Started by Reno-s--Joker, April 12, 2009, 07:50:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Reno-s--Joker

Okay, I requested this at the last RXMP forum I was on, and got no replies. ;___; Hopefully someone can help me out here.
Again, apologies if this request already exists here.

I'm looking for a multi-page battle result window which has the following features (in no particular order):

• Small windows (better if they could resize to fit contents) which pop up IN SPECIFIED ORDER after winning the battle, and disappear after you press C or B

• e.g. "EXP: 10" *upon press, next window* "GOLD: 23" *upon press, next window*, etc. until battle scene ends

• This list of windows includes all new skills learned (at the end, see below about custom skill learning script)

• Compatible with a custom skill learning script (which usually uses 'newskills' and 'ap' to tell the normal battle result window what to do)

• The background of the battle can still be seen

With my moderate to low level of scripting, the following would be really useful:

• A link to an existing script which implements all the features needed

• A link to an existing script which could be easily modified to include all the features needed

• (Serious) Tips on how to go about doing this from scratch

• A collaboration with me to make this script by an interested person

• Someone else who can be bothered to make it entirely from scratch

Thanks heaps in advance! Any help would be appreciated! :)

Fantasist

QuoteSmall windows (better if they could resize to fit contents)

That's doable. Make a bitmap (1x1) and use the text_size(STRING).width to determine the "width of the contents", and make the contents afterwards.

QuoteThis list of windows includes all new skills learned (at the end, see below about custom skill learning script)
Compatible with a custom skill learning script (which usually uses 'newskills' and 'ap' to tell the normal battle result window what to do)

Didn't really get you there, I've lost touch, but I'm sure it can be done.

QuoteA link to an existing script which could be easily modified to include all the features needed

Try the one in Tons, you'll know how to get the stats after each battle and you'll know which parts to mod.

Well, start at knowing what you need to modify from the script in Tons and try to mod it.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

It's not in Tons. xD Easy LvlUp Display is a separate script. If you don't like the way it looks, you can try the Lufia 2 Battle Report Clone at RMXP.org. Sorry, I don't have a link. You'll have to search for it.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Reno-s--Joker

April 13, 2009, 06:40:21 pm #4 Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 07:23:29 pm by Reno-s--Batman
Oh lol, thanks. :)
No problem - thanks for the tip! *power up*

EDIT:
Noo, SDK. *disinfects*
It's not exactly what I'm looking for but I'll keep it in mind as a last resort. Thanks again! :D