some thing

Started by Spoofus, January 23, 2008, 07:48:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoofus

so i was wondering how would i change the font size for my game?
sorry if it is dumb lol  :D

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Nortos

Blizz's ultimate font override get it I think from addons or something or open up script editor and go to main and add in
Font.default_name = "YOUR FONT NAME"
Font.default_size = 15

Blizzard

January 23, 2008, 07:54:13 pm #2 Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 07:54:53 pm by Blizzard
You were faster. >_> *powers up*

Quote from: original postIn the main script. If you have one of the illegal versions you will find $fontface and $fontsize or $defaultfonttype and $defaultfontsize there, simply change them. If you have the legae version, under "begin" simply add

Font.default_size = 22

And mess around with the number. You can also change the font used by adding:

Font.default_name = 'Arial'

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Nortos

ty :), btw I always wondered and never really looked at you're ultimate font override what's it for? because I know it's so easy to change font

Blizzard

Do you have PKE or Dynaemu? Delete the lines that say "self.contents.font.name = $fontface" in one of the window classes. Cross problem with legal-illegal version. My font override overrides the problem, allows it to change it ingame and save even it with the save file.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Nortos

nah got proper version was jw what the script did

Blizzard

January 23, 2008, 08:09:14 pm #6 Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 08:09:45 pm by Blizzard
Then add that line you were supposed to remove and watch what happens. As I said, my script prevents that. It's like a compatibility enhancement for legal-illegal RMXP versions and scripts. xD

Nortos

Spoofus

hey thank guys *powers yall up*
anyway do you all know of a good message system?
that looks better than the default one
but yeah thanks guys

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Nortos

Blizzard

Yeah, I'd agree that ccoa's is the best UMS/AMS.

Calintz

January 24, 2008, 03:17:37 pm #11 Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 03:20:02 pm by Calintz16438
Also, when using Blizz's Ultmiate Font Override, if you want to add bold or italic to the text...Add what I've bolded & Italicized in the script below.....Do the same thing for Italics...
Spoiler: ShowHide
class Game_System

attr_accessor :bgm_volume
  attr_accessor :sfx_volume
  attr_accessor :cam
  attr_reader   :fontname
  attr_reader   :fontsize
  attr_reader   :fontbold

alias init_storm_cms_later initialize
  def initialize
    init_storm_cms_later
    @bgm_volume = @sfx_volume = 100
    @cam = 0
    self.fontname = 'Papyrus'
    self.fontsize = 24
    self.fontbold = true
  end

def fontname=(name)
    Font.default_name = $defaultfonttype = $fontface = @fontname = name
  end

def fontsize=(size)
    Font.default_size = $defaultfontsize = $fontsize = @fontsize = size
  end

def fontbold=(bold)
    Font.default_bold = $defaultfontbold = $fontbold = @fontbold = bold
  end

P.S. Agreed...Ccoa has the best!! I'm using it too...

Fantasist

Quote$defaultfontbold = $fontbold

those two globals are not needed. for size and type, they were added because PKE has $defaultfonttype and $defaultfontsize and dyna has $fontface and $fontsize. You don't need to define them for bold and italics :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Nortos

sort of on topic what fonts do you guys prefer in games old cursive or easy to read or...?

Blizzard

January 26, 2008, 08:14:58 am #14 Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 08:15:59 am by Blizzard
Even though I have several font options in my game, I mostly use Arial and only sometimes the Future font. But I like to see games that have a font that suits the game atmosphere, yet is not hard to read. :)

Fantasist

QuoteI like to see games that have a font that suits the game atmosphere, yet is not hard to read.

Otherwise, I like easily readable fonts like Arial. And I hate Times New Roman >.<
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Nortos

January 27, 2008, 06:06:33 am #16 Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 06:07:29 am by Nortos
I like Tahoma but only for status infos on charecters I wonder if cursive text font would fit in my games style or not it plays like a good old SNES rpg