Blizz-ABS Skill Problem

Started by excursion, April 26, 2009, 08:04:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

excursion

got a problem here. everything was working fine with the Blizz-ABS Script until this: "Skills". I went into Blizz-ABS Config and edited 2 of my Skills called Explosive Trap and Call Hound. Explosive Trap was (you guessed it) a trap that had a 10 sq explode range, while Call Hound summoned a pet for 600 seconds. I generated the config script pasted it into Part 1 of the script, saved it, and ran the game. I tried to use the skills, and nothing happens at all.

Please HALP! I'm a noob and dunno how to get this to work.

extra info (if this helps): you talk to a npc, he changes your class to trapper, you level up to level 2 and learn those 2 skills.

Aqua

You need to set a scope for the Trap and have the necessary graphic for it that corresponds to its Icon name.

You need to have caterpillar on with the max part of at least 2 to summon.

excursion

April 26, 2009, 08:48:02 pm #2 Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 09:23:24 pm by Starrodkirby86
Awesome, so I go and generate a new script?

EDIT:
Gah! New problem! The dog now summons and attacks the person for about 5 seconds.. (when I put Summon time to 600 seconds). The second time I try to summon the dog it will crash with this Error:

When I try to use the trap it gives me this error: Graphics/Characters/087-Monster01_crp.

haalp again sir, haha, i need to fix the time and let the hero be able to summon the dog over and over again.

You can double-post after waiting 24 hours, okay? :3 It's the rules~ ~Love, Starrodkirby86

Aqua

Why does everyone assumed I'm a sir! ._.

You didn't tell what error comes up when you summon it the second time...

And 087-Monster01_crp means it's a corpse.
I think you're setting the trap and then killing an enemy...
You probably have Corpses turned on, so turn it off and it should be fine.

excursion

Baha, sorry to Sarrodkirby86, and to Aqua.

Thanks aqua, I fixed the dog problem, but now I have one more. Upon using the Explosive Trap skill I get the error: Unable to find file Graphics/Characters/048-Skill05

I'm not sure what's causing this..

Aqua

You set the Explosive Trap skill's icon to 048-Skill05

Now you need a charset named 048-Skill05 to be able to see the trap.

excursion

Thanks. Sorry to keep bothering you all , but one more question: How do I make a bow that shoots projectiles? I just dont understand the concept, although I do have a Bow weapon ready.

Aqua

Blizzard

Quote from: Aqua on April 26, 2009, 09:23:40 pm
Why does everyone assumed I'm a sir! ._.

You didn't tell what error comes up when you summon it the second time...

Because you have no gender specified and most people in RM are guys. And, of course, there is Aquaman. ._.

Quote from: Aqua on April 26, 2009, 10:19:20 pm
Didja read the manual/FAQ?

Obviously no.

@excursion: Read the manual. Every question that you have asked here could have been avoided if you read the manual. i.e. if you typed in _crp or crp into the search of the manual, you would have found out that you need to turn of the corpses option. -_-
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.