[XP] Achievements Script

Started by G_G, April 20, 2009, 01:18:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Murachacha

Can anyone tell me how i can use the Archievement system to buy spaciel things... i mean when i have 5 archievements that gives 50 points than i can buy something... sry for my bad english^^

Starrodkirby86

I don't know how the script is used so much, so I'm taking a blind concept shot here.

Achievements give scores right? Kind of like how puzzles give picarats in Professor Layton?

Well, according to the script features, the scores are stored in a variable.

You can make a 'shop' via events that handles the scores variable as your currency. It might take a bit of Conditional Forking, but hey, that's what eventing's all about, no?

You can also create a variable which stores the amount of gold you have, then switch the player's G amount temporarily to the amount in your scores variable, and after the evented store is finished, you can switch it back.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

G_G

To do what Srk said, here's the event.
Spoiler: ShowHide

JEHINC.

Ok, this is a great script, and I really want to use it in my project, but When I load a saved game and try to open the Achievement Window I get this message       

Script 'Achievement Script' line156: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'item_number' for nil:NilClass

Is there any way to fix this problem? :???:
"Bad things will happen to you, but just keep moving forward and never let nothing bring you down." By JEHINC.

Aqua

Start a new game.
Don't use an old save file

G_G

I'm also going to revamp this script as well.

And I'm going to add the option so when an achievement is gained text pops up instead of a window.
Any other suggestions?

JEHINC.

I started a new game then saved/Quit. Then loaded the save and try to bring up the window, and I still get the same message. >:(
"Bad things will happen to you, but just keep moving forward and never let nothing bring you down." By JEHINC.

G_G

Like I said I'm remaking the system...its going to be alot more compatible so if you can wait a couple of hours everything will be fixed

JEHINC.

G_G

Okay I'm remaking the system like I said earlier.

I'm replacing the pop up window with pop up text. Any other suggestions?

Axerax

You should make a call script window so the player can view what their Achievements are, with acquired ones darkened out or HIDDEN for secret ones. Acquired ones would be in maybe a yellowish gold like font or white. Make point gaining optional, maybe some of us, like me, would just like stuff for people to try and achieve. Maybe allow rewards for having so many achievements. So like every 5 or 10 or even player specify in the script where the user gets the reward. Or even have some achievements give rewards, player specified obviously.

As for pop up text, Pop up on the bottom part of the screen (make this editable for users so they can have it where they want.) and fade away going up, that way if they get two in a row, it will flow nicely, without causing screen clutter. A good 5 second face time is good for displaying them imo.

Jackolas

someone has played to much World of Warcraft  :naughty:

Axerax

Only for 3 years when it first came out XD.

I stopped after they started adding achievements, I was trying to focus it around how XBOX360 does it.

Jackolas

looks like it a general way of adding it to games/systems than.

JEHINC.

October 01, 2009, 11:16:04 am #34 Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 11:25:41 am by JEHINC.
Yo, game_guy, done wit dis script yet? 8)

G_G

Just about I'm working on it tonight I've been really busy with school work though so you gotta give me some time I'm sorry.

JEHINC.

Alrighty then! :beer: Also when you post it and when I use in me project, I'll be sure to give Credit for yer hard work in the Credit Part at the end of my project! :clap:

JEHINC.

G_G

look dude I'll be done when I'm done okay? I've been sick for awhile now and I'm trying to get it done.

Magus

it wouldn't work for me, so i gave in  :???:
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />